World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Someone likely got some US stock as it's still in production and for sale in the US.
Think I did see that just before the Black Friday sales started.

Yeah probably, it was direct through Amazon though and not a third party seller.

It was just before BF actually started but it was during the BF sales. I saw it for maybe a day or 2 then it went back up to normal price.

Gsync module isn't as worthwhile on oled since pixel response time is already instantaneous. The less VRR flicker and better handling/smoothening of fluctuating fps may have been a benefit but unless you have seen what a DW is like here, doubt you'll notice or care especially since you fps will be high with a 4090 so this won't be as much of a problem anyway.

First impressions after following some guides on setting this up.

WOW the blacks are so freaking black, i finally know what black should look like on a monitor. I have my Asus 27" VA panel next to it and that looks grey!

I've had a fiddle with the panel and calibrated it using Windows HDR calibration app. Set my profile in Colour management so i know its right though by default it had already setup an ICC profile from factory.
I've set Smart HDR to off and set that to Display HDR. I know there's a Peak 1000 HDR but im worried about burn in with that setting?

Dark stabiliser at level 0 though i noticed its a little brighter if i set that to 1.

Also i might be more use to VA and TN panels cos the DWF looks a little dimmer but i only have Brightness set to 85% in SDR Mode.

If theres any settings you guys wanna share please do! Thanks

Last edited:
Question:

Do you guys just leave your monitor on HDR Peak 1000 and then use the windows HDR toggle to switch between SDR and HDR?

@mrk so i followed your video for testing though i know you have the DW not the DWF, i set mine to Creator mode and gamma 2.4 with Smart HDR set to HDR Peak 1000 (windows HDR Off) but my whites look grey. Wondering if it's something i've set incorrectly. In colour management i've set the profile to the HDR calibrated one that i did using the windows HDR calibration app and i've removed the default Alienware profile.

However, changing back to Standard from Creator mode makes my whites look white again. I've set the brightness to 65% as im sat in a relatively dark room.

Last edited:
The Box barely fit in my Mini... i was actually a tad worried :cry:

Dude, you haven't lived until you've brought home an Asus 43" in the passenger seat of an MX5!!! :D

I could only get into 3rd/4th etc :p

I wouldn't even try in a MX5 LOL! That's definitely committment right there :cry:

When i picked up my 65" OLED back in 2018 :cry:

CX2MObn.jpg

Last edited:
Question:

Do you guys just leave your monitor on HDR Peak 1000 and then use the windows HDR toggle to switch between SDR and HDR?

@mrk so i followed your video for testing though i know you have the DW not the DWF, i set mine to Creator mode and gamma 2.4 with Smart HDR set to HDR Peak 1000 (windows HDR Off) but my whites look grey. Wondering if it's something i've set incorrectly. In colour management i've set the profile to the HDR calibrated one that i did using the windows HDR calibration app and i've removed the default Alienware profile.

However, changing back to Standard from Creator mode makes my whites look white again. I've set the brightness to 65% as im sat in a relatively dark room.
this is mrk's current settings for DW

this is mrk's current settings for DW

Whatever you do, just use a bit more brightness than mrk :p

Back
Top Bottom