World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Yeah i thought his brightness was a little low when i set that on my monitor :cry:, thought i was losing my mind!

Nah, it's just mrk.

He will be along shortly to tell you your eyes will get used to it. But mine won't, not when I play many HDR games which are much brighter. Coming from that to such low brightness when HDR is off looks dull as **** :D

Nah, it's just mrk.

He will be along shortly to tell you your eyes will get used to it. But mine won't, not when I play many HDR games which are much brighter. Coming from that to such low brightness when HDR is off looks dull as **** :D

Just for burn in protection I personally run my DW at 30 brightness and 40 contrast under the standard mode with the eco leaf next to it when not gaming or watching a film and your eyes really do get used to it but as soon as I game or watch a film I switch over to 1 of my other preferred profiles.

Last edited:
Nah, it's just mrk.

Yeah i tried it last night, played CP2077 and Ready or Not and both looked really dim in SDR but in HDR looked fine at hdr peak 1000, must adjusted the slider on the windows HDR setting.

More importantly just web browsing was way too dim, gonna go with what my eyes are comfortable with. It made both my VA panels on either side look overly bright as well :cry:

Reactions: TNA
Just for burn in protection I personally run my DW at 30 brightness and 40 contrast under the standard mode with the eco leaf next to it when not gaming or watching a film and your eyes really do get used to it but as soon as I game or watch a film I switch over to 1 of my other preferred profiles.

I sit in a really dark room with abit of ambient lighting around me so having a dim screen doesn't help me at all, i can manage with around 60% brightness and 66% on the contrast.

I could probably turn this down somewhat during day time but have yet to try it yet during the day.

I am not bothered about burn in too much anymore. I think my target is around 160 cd/m2. I used to have it as high as 200 many moons ago on my IPS panels.

100-120 cd/m2 is just too low imo. But this a subjective thing, so no right or wrong answer.

I sit in a really dark room with abit of ambient lighting around me so having a dim screen doesn't help me at all, i can manage with around 60% brightness and 66% on the contrast.

I could probably turn this down somewhat during day time but have yet to try it yet during the day.

I don't remember my settings of the top of my head. But there is a table somewhere in this thread that shows what settings on this monitor correspond with different cd/m2.

Whats peoples CP2077 HDR settings on this monitor?

Found this to be the best so far, the blacks are really dark, maybe adjusting the tone mapping slightly higher than 1 if its too black imo.

Last edited:

Found this to be the best so far, the blacks are really dark, maybe adjusting the tone mapping slightly higher than 1 if its too black imo.

I use pretty much the same as you but I've also found this reshade from Nexusmods to help nicely with black levels - https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/284

It does nothing but fix black levels, Doesn't add any weird filters or anything.

I have tone mapping at around 1.4. Also, I have to set the peak brightness at around 780 as 1000 is blowing out highlights. It seems for me that 780 = 1000 in game. I have to set 630 on my 800 screen.

Thinking back i probably should have gone for that when i saw it while having a 4090 im sure i could have made good use of the G Sync module lol. Ah well, not gonna complain about the £660 DWF!
If you have a 4090 then you really don't care what it is, you aren't going to fall foul of the Freesync 48Hz limit.
Plus the fact that you now have upgradeable firmware and only one fan instead of two!!
Nah, the DWF is a better buy imo.

I use pretty much the same as you but I've also found this reshade from Nexusmods to help nicely with black levels - https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/284

It does nothing but fix black levels, Doesn't add any weird filters or anything.

Nice one will take a look at that tonight, i didn't really notice anything particularly wrong with the blacks, it was deep blacks i was seeing especially in areas where it should be.

Possibly cos of my eyes have gotten so use to grey as black that i don't recognise what is black anymore on a monitor :cry:

I have tone mapping at around 1.4. Also, I have to set the peak brightness at around 780 as 1000 is blowing out highlights. It seems for me that 780 = 1000 in game. I have to set 630 on my 800 screen.

The tone mapping is interesting, i did find the colours slightly on the darker side so maybe adjusting this will help with that. I gamed for around an hour and i kinda got use to it.

If you have a 4090 then you really don't care what it is, you aren't going to fall foul of the Freesync 48Hz limit.
Plus the fact that you now have upgradeable firmware and only one fan instead of two!!
Nah, the DWF is a better buy imo.

Yeah 100% mate, im probably never gonna drop enough to ever have to use it... for now anyway. I usually upgrade when it starts to struggle to keep up with the monitors refresh rate but i think going forward i'm more likely to drop settings to keep up with the cost of graphics cards going up and up.

Nah, it's just mrk.

My preference for SDR luminance was based on an industry standards recognised brightness of around 100 cd/m2 :p

I'm at 56 brightness now though which targets closer to 120cd/m2 which is the upper end of the recognised standards for productivity and editing and has zero eye strain in dim lighting. In my line of work my eyes need to be looked after, they make me money after all :eek:

Last edited:
My preference for SDR luminance was based on an industry standards recognised brightness of around 100 cd/m2 :p

I'm at 56 brightness now though which targets closer to 120cd/m2 which is the upper end of the recognised standards for productivity and editing and has zero eye strain in dim lighting. In my line of work my eyes need to be looked after, they make me money after all :eek:

I know dude. As usual just pulling your leg ;):D

When I read all that stuff years ago and calibrated my monitor to 100 cd/m2 I was like **** that and ended up around double that :cry:

Back
Top Bottom