World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Professional calibration? Am I missing out on something as I have never heard of this. Is this something you can do by a third party software or is this something you need to do within the monitor settings itself?

Professional calibration? Am I missing out on something as I have never heard of this. Is this something you can do by a third party software or is this something you need to do within the monitor settings itself?
You need proper spectrophotometer to calibrate each rgb separately. It is too expensive to do it for home use only, hence people who bought it provide services to calibrate displays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzNJ31qeT_I&ab_channel=Techtesters

So on this it is showing some figures and it seems response time is as expected (apart from full off of course) but the input lag + pixel response overall still below other monitors on market.

Seems basically only use out box colourway if you are not going to get it calibrated. Gaming seems to be best HDR400 for myself if going with that because seeing the drop in brightness is not something I would be happy to deal with.

Last edited:
That sounds good going by that review. SDR mode for me and a custom colour profile that is calibrated for sRGB. I don't really care for HDR so that's me sorted. I will get this for sure then!

And because I'm running SDR, can then run 8bit 175Hz not that it makes any difference since no modern game I'm playing can run at 175fps even with a 3090 let alone my 3080 Ti when RTX is enabled :p

That sounds good going by that review. SDR mode for me and a custom colour profile that is calibrated for sRGB. I don't really care for HDR so that's me sorted. I will get this for sure then!

And because I'm running SDR, can then run 8bit 175Hz not that it makes any difference since no modern game I'm playing can run at 175fps even with a 3090 let alone my 3080 Ti when RTX is enabled :p

Rumour has it the new 4060 will be the same speed as a 3090 so a 4090ti might well get there.

You need proper spectrophotometer to calibrate each rgb separately. It is too expensive to do it for home use only, hence people who bought it provide services to calibrate displays.

It can be done with a Spectrophotometer/Colorimeter but they cost more than the display or most people's TVs/Monitors. Usually 2 - 6 thousand depending on what you purchase. Some you can even rent. Plus the Spectrophotometer/Colorimeters can profile a correction Matrix for the i1 Display Pro. Then the software if you want something really good like Calman. That can be £600 to over £1,000 depending on the package you want.

Unfortunately it's another mostly lame duck reviews

the only half decent thing he did was showing the C1 next to it - in this comparison the Alienware definitely looks brighter but I preferred the colors on the C1

Looked at it again, imo the colors just pop more on the C1.

but while imo the C1 looks better than this monitor, I think the Sony TV will do a better job, it will post processing tricks to do a better job

C1 instead of the Alienware? Its fun to compare but ones a telly and one is a monitor.

And yes, a Sony monitor would probably have the best motion out of any of these displays but until they do a monitor sized release, we won't know.

That Linus guy always seems like he is reading from a script to me but I think he is right about this monitor but unfortunately when is saying how amazing the picture is you can't get much of an impression unless you are seeing it in person I guess. In any event, I'm going to be in the queue with everyone else on this hype train come the 22nd!

Back
Top Bottom