World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

C1 instead of the Alienware? Its fun to compare but ones a telly and one is a monitor.

And yes, a Sony monitor would probably have the best motion out of any of these displays but until they do a monitor sized release, we won't know.

I said Sony TV, as far as I'm aware Sony doesn't make gaming monitors. I can understand why a monitor would have lower image quality for entertainment purposes than a TV, monitors don't really do any post processing with the image input data it receives

He completely undermined his credibility by admitting he's never played a Resident Evil game. :p

Um, i’ve only ever played RE2 on the PS1, and for about an hour. I remember being short on ammo, and shooting at dogs.

I’ve not touched any other RE game. Don’t hurt me. :o

Wow, can’t believe how epic this monitor sounds. Glad to see the monitor market finally starting to make the kind of gains we’ve seen in the tv market in recent years.

That Linus guy always seems like he is reading from a script to me but I think he is right about this monitor but unfortunately when is saying how amazing the picture is you can't get much of an impression unless you are seeing it in person I guess. In any event, I'm going to be in the queue with everyone else on this hype train come the 22nd!

It's like you've never watched a tech video review before :p

In all seriousness, the vast majority are scripted, that's pretty much the only way to make a concise high quality video review.

Ahhhh ok, I was thinking of VAT being on top of that :)

Really is very surprising the price for UK, makes a nice change :p

Let’s get some perspective, it’s still over £1k for a monitor so it’s not exactly cheap :p

I get there are loads of similar style LCD monitors for that sort of money but many of those are just a complete rip off ‘cuz gaming init’.

Let’s get some perspective, it’s still over £1k for a monitor so it’s not exactly cheap :p

I get there are loads of similar style LCD monitors for that sort of money but many of those are just a complete rip off ‘cuz gaming init’.
Here is your perspective ;)
I paid 1400 for garbage Acer x35 and its still the lowest price ever for it. It was also the cheapest ultrawide fald till this year.

Another review, all good tbh. The best thing I like about this is even if you can't get the max fps to match 175/144Hz, then it's gsync, ultimate, so the input delay and feel will be instant anyway so best of both worlds even if your GPU cannot keep up the frames.

Here is your perspective ;)
I paid 1400 for garbage Acer x35 and its still the lowest price ever for it. It was also the cheapest ultrawide fald till this year.

Like I said, because this monitor is expensive doesn’t stop those FALD screens from being a complete rip off.

Im confused by the 175hz and 145 hz modes. Is my thinking correct that HDR mode can only do 144hz and SDR can go up to 175hz?
Its not hdr sdr. It can run 10bit 4:4:4 up to 144Hz because of dp limitations.
You can technically run hdr 10 bit with 4:2:2 with 175hz but text clarity will be garbage.

Its not hdr sdr. It can run 10bit 4:4:4 up to 144Hz because of dp limitations.
You can technically run hdr 10 bit with 4:2:2 with 175hz but text clarity will be garbage.
Thanks this is something I’m not too familiar with but I think that a 4:2:2 image only retains a half of the chroma samples that a 4:4:4 image does. So for the best colour that you can see on the screen you can only go up to 144hz? Not sure then why anyone would want the extra 21 hz to get up to 175hz if you are sacrificing image quality as the only thing I can think of is competitive fps games but then you would probably want a different monitor anyway.

Back
Top Bottom