World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Haha. I am hoping this monitor blows me away and the potato resolution is not a problem for me. Been on 4K monitors for 8 years now and tried going down a resolution multiple times and just could not handle the drop in image quality. But I think as this monitor is so much better than IPS it will wow me enough to keep it, which would be great as it will mean a lot more fps for me :D

Yup... I will prob keep it. Although I only have a 3060ti desktop and a 3070ti laptop. Probably will be same performance. May upgrade the desktop for 4000 launch but its ITX so really limited on what gpu I can use.

I am thinking the orders are in the hundreds, not thousands. Nothing like GPU demand and no miners interested either which helps.

I am thinking the orders are in the hundreds, not thousands. Nothing like GPU demand and no miners interested either which helps.

Yeah and it's not great for scalpers. Too heavy.

Gpus are light and easily transportable. Monitors not so much unless you do cash on collection /cough.

I wonder how many orders have hit dell in the first hour of launch. There's never been hype quite like it for a monitor.

I Wanted the LG42" C2 really, but worried about burn in so thought I'd be better off with a actual monitor...would have risked the TV for the same money, but given the ~£350 difference, a bit of a no brainer!

Total (GBP)
£847.00

Yeah and it's not great for scalpers. Too heavy.

Gpus are light and easily transportable. Monitors not so much unless you do cash on collection /cough.
That too.

Yup... I will prob keep it. Although I only have a 3060ti desktop and a 3070ti laptop. Probably will be same performance. May upgrade the desktop for 4000 launch but its ITX so really limited on what gpu I can use.
Got a RTX 2060 in my laptop which is surprisingly good, basically 1070 performance on desktop with a 1080p IPS display and that plays majority of my steam library. On desktop got the 3070 which will get upgraded to 4070 as soon as they are out.

I'm on my third order, two cancelled to get cheaper price, hopefully cancellation works properly or I'm going to end up with three of the things at this rate

The LG 34UM95 I ordered in 2014 was just over £800 shipped from LG France and at the time that was the latest 34" 21:9 monitor you could buy - So £847 for the latest QD-OLED is a steal really today considering the massive specs bump.

The LG 34UM95 I ordered in 2014 was just over £800 shipped from LG France and at the time that was the latest 34" 21:9 monitor you could buy - So £847 for the latest QD-OLED is a steal really today considering the massive specs bump.

Not just it being latest tech with QD-OLED, but it's also a full Gsync-Ultimate monitor with the full FPGA bells and whistles on board.

The FPGA alone if you try to buy one right now is going for two grand. (Only know this due to work, lol)

I'm on my third order, two cancelled to get cheaper price, hopefully cancellation works properly or I'm going to end up with three of the things at this rate
My order from last night cancelled fine. I ordered about 10min after the discount started working this morning so may end up having to wait a bit if I missed the launch stock but I'd rather save another £250 and not have to faff about with having to get money back from dell or returning if I don't have to if I'm honest.

Just ordered one, still says delivery on Thursday 24th so it's worth a punt. If it gets pushed back to June I'll just cancel as I don't really need it anyway. Already have a CX 55 so not missing out on the OLED experience lol

Just ordered one, still says delivery on Thursday 22nd so it's worth a punt. If it gets pushed back to June I'll just cancel as I don't really need it anyway. Already have a CX 55 so not missing out on the OLED experience lol
I'll keep mine either way but that's also kinda why I'm not too fussed about waiting worst comes to worst. I've got a 48" oled tv already which I can use for some pc gaming, just not really ideal for mouse/keyboard usage. Rather just get the better price.

Hope you all clicked through via Quidco too, mine hasn't shown as tracked yet but it usually takes a while to show up.

Got confirmation within ten minutes on first two orders, still waiting after 20 mins on my third

Ah well, I'd rather get it late with the 20% discount

Back
Top Bottom