World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Nah second. Original date was 24/03, first delay was 22/04 and second delays is now 05/05. I’m expecting more delays tbh.

I'm in exactly the same boat, including order timings

It's not such a bad delay, can live with it. But if it keeps getting pushed back repeatedly that would be beyond irritating

Permabanned
e8c82f8cdea38f877d959c182edd047f79e4a00e.png

da**** Dell wants wants us to buy lg oleds insted or what

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Honestly, I might try my luck on the Samsung one - see if I can get that before my Dell's June delivery. Unless someone who ordered too many is willing to let one go for a reasonable price ;)

Associate
Mine says shipping 6th of April delivering the 22nd too. That's some long shipping time, even if it was coming straight from China, lol.

I hope that means they're starting to sort out batches for people, that gives me a little more hope that we won't be delayed past the 22nd.

Associate
Not had this second email with the further revised arrival date. Mine is still showing 26th April. My confirmation time was 08:28. Is everyone with revised deliveries later than my order?

Soldato
Mine got placeholder delayed to the 22nd Of April along with most people here yesterday.

Just now I got another email saying mine is delayed further to the 5th of May. Fantastic. :o

Soldato
Just had another look at mine - throwing another ship date of 3rd April into the mix with a delivery of 22nd April.
I'm not too bothered as long as it comes before my wife gets back from a trip at the beginning of May - trying to sneak the purchase in :))

Associate
Hello been watching this thread.
Dell order received email (08.05), email order confirmation 10.40 (used a credit card)
delivery date 24. later revised to shipped 21/04 arrive 22/04.
no further emails.
order status still reports arrive 22/04 but now has a shipping date of 03/04 (maybe carrying it by hand to save on fuel costs).
so here's hoping they are beginning to straighten things out.

Associate
I'm starting to see a pattern of shipping dates batched by order time, not confirmed time, which is promising. On the ultrawide reddit thread a survey form to fill out is there too, will be interesting to see the results of that.

Caporegime
So, how does it compare to your OLED TV? Better, worse? Can you see the pixels? Lol

I am all excited about it, yet a apart of me think I may be underwhelmed by the potato resolution and end up with a 42” C2.

Give us as much info as you can, are you blown away, will you be keeping it for sure long term or looking for something else?

Will do. Need to play around more with it first really and get it set up properly.

But one thing is for sure, nothing will come close to this for £750-850

Associate
Seeing as Dell never bothered to contact me back after my webchat about getting any discount from £1099.99 yesterday will forget about buying this monitor and see what's around next year, Dell UK are a joke just don't need the hassle could be waiting 6 month's + for bloody delivery....

Will buy the 38 QD OLED version whenever it's released from someone else.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Do the fans stay on even when the monitor is in standby?

When you press the button to turn it off, the fan turns off after a set time (not sure how long), but in standby alone I don't think it does as have yet to hear it off after some hours!

I also have this showing on my screen as well, i found that just rubbing the screen with a microfibre cloth got rid of a fair amount of it, although there are some tougher areas that didn't even clean off with a small amount of iso spray.

Hmm I'll give iso a go, need to buy a bottle though! Or maybe alcohol wipes which would be better I guess as cleaner and all in one.

Thanks! Looks great :cool:

In terms of you doing hdr to sdr stuff, not sure if you have the latest build of madvr but if you do, lots of things to play with:

brERbSp.png

Personally I still be using my 55 e7 for all tv and film watching through plex though.

Hmm where di dyou get that version? MadVR site and doom9 say the version I have is latest!

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228

Back
Top Bottom