World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Was going to get it too but by the time I realized they were already available for purchase delivery was for August.
Went with 42" C2 as to be honest I'm fed up with how some stuff just doesn't work well with ultrawide screen.
Also didn't want to play PS5 at 1080p on it :p
Otherwise great screen it seems.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah I mean even if you do notice some slight loss coming from your 4k 27", everything else is going to blow you away and make up for that.
Yep, that’s what I am thinking.

I will also give it a few weeks and hope I get used to the lower resolution. One of the things I will be doing is putting the monitor back a good 10-15cm further way than I have my 4K one now which should help.

Caporegime
Dayuuuum, just played doom eternal on this and by far the best HDR experience so far and also 175HZ/fps :eek:

jBW0rWJ.jpg

nLzMfyY.jpg

m3RAXTo.jpg

Motion is so clean.

Everything about it just looks better than the e7.

Clarity/sharpness really is great and not noticing any loss in detail at all compared to my 4k oled @TNA

EDIT:

@mrk

Tested that HDr auto switch too, seems to work in doom eternal, windows settings hdr is off but in game with hdr set, it auto enables and once you quit the game it goes back to SDR. Means no need to faff with win + alt + b key to enable/disable hdr now, although probably game dependant.

So not trash and the worst monitor ever then? :cry:

Soldato
Dayuuuum, just played doom eternal on this and by far the best HDR experience so far and also 175HZ/fps :eek:

jBW0rWJ.jpg

nLzMfyY.jpg

m3RAXTo.jpg

Motion is so clean.

Everything about it just looks better than the e7.

Clarity/sharpness really is great and not noticing any loss in detail at all compared to my 4k oled @TNA

EDIT:

@mrk

Tested that HDr auto switch too, seems to work in doom eternal, windows settings hdr is off but in game with hdr set, it auto enables and once you quit the game it goes back to SDR. Means no need to faff with win + alt + b key to enable/disable hdr now, although probably game dependant.

Doom Eternal is one of the few games I have that doesn't require Windows HDR to be on first. Most seem to need it set first which I find a bit tiresome :p

Associate
I've got my bloody screen working !!!

It still will have to go back as all the coatings peeled the right side and the fault is loose power connect socket but I've got it on!!

Looks amazing Vs my g7 Samsung how do I upload pictures via my phone ??

Soldato
I've got my bloody screen working !!!

It still will have to go back as all the coatings peeled the right side and the fault is loose power connect socket but I've got it on!!

Looks amazing Vs my g7 Samsung how do I upload pictures via my phone ??

If it's usable you could cancel the cancellation and wait for new stock to come in to RMA, even if it's a few months?

Associate
I've peeled the hanging off bit off it seems usable possible electric shock but il chance it lol

It's only showing 100hz via HDMI is that correct my GPU is 3080 thought would be hmdi 2.1

***My mistake it's not hdmi 2 monitor **** however I assumed 1440p over hdmi would be faster than 100

I shall try display port

Associate
I read a post on another forum about crap power/do l leads with dell screen so my original.plan was to try another lead rather than hang monitor on wall like it was I put it on sofa and plugged my Xbox in and noticed crackling on the power lead.

So just give it a few wiggles and it came on and went off.
So I gave it another wiggle as u do and it stayed on

As soon as you touch it tho it goes off so I'd have to wall mount then wiggle then leave well alone

Associate
Has anybody else's order change to shipped? Mine has but there is no tracking information at all and no shipped email and weirder my order went into production today but it says it shipped yesterday?

Associate
Y8ZJhfG.jpg

i took some pics unfortunate look crap but its stayed alive for a good hour now granted its lying on a chair tho lol

TgD5ylC.jpg

i had to peel the screen bit off that was hanging as was annoying as hell when games r on u cannot see it but ive posted this to show the area it was unstuck

qS6lZMW.jpg

sorry the pictures r huge I have no idea what I'm doing

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Viewing angles with no ips glow, va shift, colour shift etc etc. What a dream :cool:

viewing-angles.gif

Associate
Not sure when it ticked over, but as of 8pm today (30th March), my display is now Shipped. Delivery says 'Arriving Soon'.

I haven't received any email or tracking to notify me of this. Hope to soon. For reference, was estimated to ship on the 3rd April and moved to In Production just earlier today.

Caporegime
Not sure when it ticked over, but as of 8pm today (30th March), my display is now Shipped. Delivery says 'Arriving Soon'.

I haven't received any email or tracking to notify me of this. Hope to soon. For reference, was estimated to ship on the 3rd April and moved to In Production just earlier today.

Lucky sod. Still showing June for me.

Caporegime
Y8ZJhfG.jpg

i took some pics unfortunate look crap but its stayed alive for a good hour now granted its lying on a chair tho lol

TgD5ylC.jpg

i had to peel the screen bit off that was hanging as was annoying as hell when games r on u cannot see it but ive posted this to show the area it was unstuck

qS6lZMW.jpg

sorry the pictures r huge I have no idea what I'm doing

I've seen some unique/weird desktop setups before but that's certainly different :cry: :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

WooHoo. Same here. Might get it tomorrow or Friday :D

Associate

I wouldn't get your hopes up I don't think they've actually shipped

Back
Top Bottom