World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Have you asked for 10% off? They gave me that no fuss at all.
Tbf I think you got lucky getting it that easy first time. A number of us got refused initially. First rep I spoke to where I was asking about the order not shipping, they refused to give anything when I tried to ask for compensation after they mentioned the delay. Eventually contacted them again after hearing a bunch more were offered the discount, and got offered only 5% despite saying others had been given 10. I did eventually get 10% but wasn't until the second delay email where they relented.

Think you just need to get a bit lucky with reps.

Associate
Initial impressions, Text clarity, Meh, resolution, Meh, but I knew these things, I got it for the gaming and HDR experience and this is simply the best image ive ever seen when you take that in to account. Wow

Soldato
Wahey, mine has finally arrived, and actually in the delivery window which is good because out was out most of the morning. Haven't had a chance to open it yet, but the box is in good condition (and very small...)

Associate
At this point I've kind of gotten used to the text anyway after using that bettercleartypetuner. Think most people will unless you're particularly picky about text.
Mine just arrived. bloody hell its heavy :cry:
I feel like the box was half the weight. When it first arrived I was shocked at how heavy it was, but after installing the stand and picking it up to put on my desk it was surprisingly light in comparison, lol.

Associate
Got the 42 in lg oled and the Alienware qd oled and to be honest the QD oled aint getting any love, prefer the 42in for everything, has less input lag,
42in immersion is great (not much difference from 120 to 175hz don't get me wrong the motion clearer but not that much, but its no game changer!) better for competitive games,
can change the aspect ratios 21:9 the border don't annoy me one bit! also great for for Consoles/Movies/YouTube ETC!! so its sad to say QD OLED is already gathering a bit of dust!! :( (youtube face will be coming soon)

Last edited:
Soldato
It ran its pixel refresh when i turned it on today and now I have a green line of pixels from the top to the bottom. Lovely stuff.

WFTvShT

WFTvShT
https://ibb.co/WFTvShT

Soldato
So, first impressions:

Coming from a 38" it seemed very small when I got it out of the box, but sitting in front of it the difference is a lot less noticeable.

The text clarity is definitely noticeable, but I haven't had a chance to run any of the clear type tweaks yet.

Antiglare/reflection seems really good, didn't notice any of the grey/red tinge which some people have reported.

Using the desktop it definitely feels snappier - haven't had a chance to play any games yet unfortunately.

Blacks are just amazing. I need to do some tweaking (if I can find the relevant posts in here this thread), but even out of the box, wow!

Finally... Sadly I have a single dead red sub-pixel about 5cm from the bottom and to the left of centre - it's barely noticeable in normal use, but will mention it to Dell tomorrow when I'm asking about my additional discount. Iirc their perfect panel policy is only for stuck pixels though, so I might be out of luck on that front :(

Interesting how for everyone who has reported a dead pixel in this thread it has been a red one?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Played some Horizon Zero Dawn earlier for the first time on this and have to say it's way more impressive than it was on LCD IPS, and it looked great back then! The benchmark scores are higher now too but not sure if that's related to the QD-OLED being at 144Hz vs the old screen's 60Hz and lack of gsync etc.

I've switched to Trueblack400 for HDR gaming and media now too as find it perfectly good and gradations/transitions are more accurate vs Peak 1000.

NGX4EPV.jpg

Just like God of War, the responsiveness on screen movement and mouse input just feels instant now, and the motion smoothness is just supreme. god knows how anyone can go back to LCD gaming after this lol.

Associate
Interesting. I found opposite to be the true. If for whatever reason you want to use hdr for desktop usage, hdr400 was much better as you a slightly higher max full field white and no noticeable abl.

For actual content, it was pretty straight forward that hdr1000 gave more dynamic range and preserved highlights better.

Soldato
Seems to have been fixed by a panel refresh, but obviously if it does this every time it pixel refreshes, this is going to be a very short lived monitor this one is going back to Dell based on the faulty fan anyway, so I’ll just use it till that happens.

Back
Top Bottom