World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Anybody with a 5th May delivery date had any movement yet? Not holding out much hope but there’s still a few days left.
Nope, came here to ask the same question, will be f5ing like a madman on the order status page tomorrow.

Would like to think if it was getting delayed again they'd have notified by now, but who knows with Dell

Soldato
Nope, came here to ask the same question, will be f5ing like a madman on the order status page tomorrow.

Would like to think if it was getting delayed again they'd have notified by now, but who knows with Dell
Yeah, I wouldn't count on it, for all of my delays I didn't get any notification until after the delivery window had been and gone :(

Associate
Just spoke to CS and as expected they said my May 5th delivery will be delayed again due to parts shortage. Can’t say I’m surprised, oh well! Haha

Associate
Good job I'm far too jaded at this point to have got excited about it arriving tomorrow, I'll just add it to my every growing list of 'stuff that might arrive in the next few months'.

Google Coral is currently winning in that category, with delivery delayed from March to December

Associate
Madness they're still using the same excuse without any more detail, lol. Like delays happen, especially in the current climate but the fact they can't really give any decent info is just not a great look.

Associate
Madness they're still using the same excuse without any more detail, lol. Like delays happen, especially in the current climate but the fact they can't really give any decent info is just not a great look.
Yup, if you’re gonna take almost £1k from people at least provide a clear update instead of “there’s some parts missing or something, we’ll get it to you sometime between now and the end of the year maybe”

Associate
Guys, if you are using Chrome / Edge, then install this extension, makes the font rendering MUCH better in my opinion. There is one that is a similar name that omits the word "Chrome" at the beginning, but it isnt a patch on this one. Check it out:

I tried this out in different combinations with resolution scaling. It's pretty good. Ultimately I ended up back at 110% as I strarted to like having 110% in everything.

Soldato
OLED getting lots of upgrades this year, the first 240hz OLED screen was just announced
Not used a 240+hz monitor myself, but i don't see the big fuss going by numbers.
There's only a 2ms difference going from 160hz to 240hz, would it really be noticeable? When i first went to 1080p 120hz in 2012 i easily noticed the difference from 60hz and games were far smoother in motion, but we're talking a difference of almost 17ms down to 8ms. Bigger numbers mean much less returns at a certain point, but even 90hz is 11.1ms, a noticeable change for just 30fps extra over 60.

Soldato
Not used a 240+hz monitor myself, but i don't see the big fuss going by numbers.
There's only a 2ms difference going from 160hz to 240hz, would it really be noticeable? When i first went to 1080p 120hz in 2012 i easily noticed the difference from 60hz and games were far smoother in motion, but we're talking a difference of almost 17ms down to 8ms. Bigger numbers mean much less returns at a certain point, but even 90hz is 11.1ms, a noticeable change for just 30fps extra over 60.
It's diminishing returns as you go up. After 120Hz there really is no big difference except for competitive gamers who want every bit of tiny advantage.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Exactly. His post is pure copium.

feSABOV_d.webp

Back
Top Bottom