World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm surprised at Elden ring being so new and a big title. I suppose it doesn't matter too much, but some research is required, I'd hate to drop £1k and find my favourite game doesn't support it :cry: It's like cinema, no consistency in the format. Ideally this have a monitor for every occasion but those numbers haven't come in just yet! If I was buying right now though I don't see a better choice than this Alienware for gaming.
The way I have been seeing it is when it is not supported like the game I am playing now, it displays the same as my out going 27" monitor, so it is not a huge deal.

Yeah, this is one of the best, if not the best gaming monitor out there. You get OLED, high refresh rate and proper HDR. The only other option out there in my opinion is the LG OLED TV's.

Caporegime
Been using 21.9 since the day it came out and not had any real issues. Any games that don't support it officially are very easy to fix with flawless widescreen or a simple 2 minute tweak to a config file. Biggest pita one was FO 4 as had to edit several backend files although there is a mod that does all in 1 now.

Elden ring is one of them titles which is fixable.

Soldato
Maybe he plays old games?

I know that pain, I run into issues playing old games on my 4k OLED as some of those games more than 10 years old now don't support the resolution and even some games between 2010 and 2015 have issues

Fair enough, if its much older games; the last game I remember playing which didn't support it was fallout 4!

The way I see it is, for the 1% of games which don't like 21:9, I still have the best 27" 1440p monitor available :D

Associate
Been using 21.9 since the day it came out and not had any real issues. Any games that don't support it officially are very easy to fix with flawless widescreen or a simple 2 minute tweak to a config file. Biggest pita one was FO 4 as had to edit several backend files although there is a mod that does all in 1 now.

Not Everyone want that UW buddy - Most ppl Dont!
I would want a 42 and if I Ever would like to do that UW trash I could easly do so and get hell of a lot more vert fov vs that tini tiny UW34 ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
MikeLoader =

I will be buying the AW QD-OLED, so excited.
I won't be buying the AW QD-OLED.
Changed my mind, buying it, looks awesome.
Nope, not buying it, ultrawide is trash.
Tried UW at a mates house, actually I think I like it, will be buying.
Nope, ultra wide is trash.
**** it, I am buying it, don't want to miss out.
This monitor is trash, I ain't buying it.
UW is so trash.
Trash...
UW is trash!!!

Mod and everyone else = Could you do us a favour and kindly **** off please? :cry:

Associate

To be fair in Elden Ring's case you have to give up the online which may be a no go for some people.

That said for the most part even niche games I've managed to find fixes for to get it to work. The only downside is sometimes you have to put up with a stretched ui.

Associate
Finished Elden Ring on the new monitor. HDR is excellent (I gave up online play). Very happy with the upgrade. Lots of games don't support UW and likely never will but for the games that do I certainly can't go back to less than 34"!

Just struggling for my PC to actually go into sleep mode, or for the monitor to at least go to sleep, so started turning the monitor off just incase. Not exactly a bad habit.

Associate
thinking about this monitor looks good, not sure about the curve though, i currently have a 48" lg tv cx series for 120 hz, but i went to a lan this weekend and it was a massive struggle to fit into the car with 2 full setups, was so worried about damaging the screen but got away with it.

Associate
WTF, monitor spent over two hours doing pixel refresh and shut down. Then I go to use my PC and press the monitor power button, says it needs to start a pixel refresh. What clueless idiots designed this firmware.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
thinking about this monitor looks good, not sure about the curve though, i currently have a 48" lg tv cx series for 120 hz, but i went to a lan this weekend and it was a massive struggle to fit into the car with 2 full setups, was so worried about damaging the screen but got away with it

Imo you definitely want a curve on a screen this size - it's a bit different from a TV since you sit a lot closer.

If you do LANs regularly, I'd rather have a smaller screen to cart around to be honest, something cheap and cheerful which is easy to transport and isn't a huge loss if it does end up getting damaged

Associate
WTF, monitor spent over two hours doing pixel refresh and shut down. Then I go to use my PC and press the monitor power button, says it needs to start a pixel refresh. What clueless idiots designed this firmware.
Yeah i doubt we’re gonna see a firmware update though. Everyone I turn my monitor on Im greeted with pixel refresh message. Even though it did one when I turned it off.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You guys must be unlucky. I only ever had it ask me if I wanted to pixel refresh once when I turned it on, I just ignored it and carried on. For me it is always as I turn it off, as it should be.

Associate
MikeLoader =

I will be buying the AW QD-OLED, so excited.
I won't be buying the AW QD-OLED.
Changed my mind, buying it, looks awesome.
Nope, not buying it, ultrawide is trash.
Tried UW at a mates house, actually I think I like it, will be buying.
Nope, ultra wide is trash.
**** it, I am buying it, don't want to miss out.
This monitor is trash, I ain't buying it.
UW is so trash.
Trash...
UW is trash!!!

Mod and everyone else = Could you do us a favour and kindly **** off please?

:cry:
And you UW lovers should get into you Thick skulls that NOT ALL want it. Easy to Understand RIGHT!

Back
Top Bottom