*** World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth ***

Associate
Hit 120, unlocked world quests and working towards 300+. Stats are a little skewy but I'm enjoying it. Do have some issues with the poor UI design, specifically around quest markers and 'next' steps required to progress.
Download elvUI makes everythng nicer. some a mod for quest tracking to like atlas. These will fix your complaints about the UI

Don
Having played WoW all the way from beta right through until today I have come to the conclusion that BfA is the worst state the game has ever been in. You may say it's just that I've been playing for 14 years but I loved Legion and couldn't get enough of it. I'm finding it really hard to find a reason to log in. My main issues with it:

Mission Table - Is just pointless. Once you are exalted with all the basic factions there is literally no point in doing any of the missions.
Mission Table Advancements - Do nothing of any real use beyond the first two tiers.
Champions - No real flavour and no gearing system for them. Dull.
Azerite Armour - I just don't get it. Having to theorycraft every flipping piece of shoulder, chest, and head armour to work out if it's an upgrade or not is not fun. I thought that the whole point of removing reforging was so that you could generally be sure that a piece of gear that is a reasonable ilvl upgrade would be an actual upgrade and could be equipped right away. On my druid I was rocking some 340 shoulders for long after I'd seen 370 items drop due to the traits.
Azerite power - In Legion the artifact weapons were quite fun and had a good backstory to them all. Once the traits were all filled you could spend power on a general improvement trait. The neck item in BfA is just dull and once you've unlocked all your rings on all your armour pieces there is literally no point in trying to get any more Azerite power.
World quests - Once exalted there is no reason to do them at all for rep, same goes for resources or Azerite power because of the reasons above.
Raid - The opening raid is derivative and boring. None of the fights other than the last boss have any new or interesting mechanics.

Most of my guild have gone on a break until the next raid launches for the reasons I've listed above. We killed the last boss on heroic twice and then didn't bother to do any more. I'm still running M+10s and higher with the 4 remaining members of my guild who still care.

On the plus side the zones are pretty and I like the new crafting system. World PvP is quite fun too.

Associate
Having played WoW all the way from beta right through until today I have come to the conclusion that BfA is the worst state the game has ever been in. You may say it's just that I've been playing for 14 years but I loved Legion and couldn't get enough of it. I'm finding it really hard to find a reason to log in. My main issues with it:

Mission Table - Is just pointless. Once you are exalted with all the basic factions there is literally no point in doing any of the missions.
Mission Table Advancements - Do nothing of any real use beyond the first two tiers.
Azerite Armour - I just don't get it. Having to theorycraft every flipping piece of shoulder, chest, and head armour to work out if it's an upgrade or not is not fun. I thought that the whole point of removing reforging was so that you could generally be sure that a piece of gear that is a reasonable ilvl upgrade would be an actual upgrade and could be equipped right away. On my druid I was rocking some 340 shoulders for long after I'd seen 370 items drop due to the traits.
Azerite power - In Legion the artifact weapons were quite fun and had a good backstory to them all. Once the traits were all filled you could spend power on a general improvement trait. The neck item in BfA is just dull and once you've unlocked all your rings on all your armour pieces there is literally no point in trying to get any more Azerite power.
World quests - Once exalted there is no reason to do them at all for rep, same goes for resources or Azerite power because of the reasons above.
Raid - The opening raid is derivative and boring. None of the fights other than the last boss have any new or interesting mechanics.

Most of my guild have gone on a break until the next raid launches for the reasons I've listed above. We killed the last boss on heroic twice and then didn't bother to do any more. I'm still running M+10s and higher with the 4 remaining members of my guild who still care.

On the plus side the zones are pretty and I like the new crafting system. World PvP is quite fun too.
Best thing to do on WoW atm is mythic raiding with a good guild and world pvp imo. Darkmoon faire is on atm. im gonna go check that out

Soldato

I actually still play daily. but I think that raids are old hat now. m+ is the new true end game content for sure. A core 5-6 players I play with daily are focused on m+ instead of raiding. You can see here how my/our progress is.

screencapture-raider-io-characters-eu-aggramar-Ocukace-2018-12-10-09_55_54.png

Soldato
I wish my group did more m+, we're all ex-raiders who raid casually now so we're long used to working together... as long as we have enough online...

Associate
The main problem with M+ is that most of the affixes are awful. Most of the weeks are just best avoided. Explosive, bolstering, teeming, sanguine, need a big redesign.

Explosive - an exercise in clicking rapidly moving health bars - who thought this would be a fun idea? It simply highlights how weak the targetting system in the game is, even with healthbar mods I really struggle to click the right place at the right time.
Bolstering - forces you to pull small. There is some skill in trying to kill all the mobs at the same time, but it's mostly just a buzzkill affix.
Sanguine - was rightly buffed in Legion to cover a much larger area, but hasn't been adjusted for BFA where all the dungeons are way smaller and there are way more mobs that stand and cast. Sanguine in waycrest is a nightmare.
Teeming - problem with teeming is it makes keys exponentially harder when paired with certain affixes, making some weeks unplayable (e.g. teeming fort explosive). Another thing that boggles my mind is the trash % required on teeming weeks. They put more mobs in your way, yet you have to actually go out of your way to kill even more trash to make 100%.

There was so much potential for new fun affixes but they just pumped out the same Legion stuff again.

It would have been nice if there was a KSM type reward to encourage interest. It's really hard to get the people in my guild who typically only show up to raid to care about M+ when there is no tangible reward such as xmogs in legion.

I was spamming m+ right up until the end of Legion (got as high as +27) but don't even have KSM yet because it's just so hard to get interest from my guild and pugs have become super toxic

Soldato
Whats the general state of the game now then? reading the above it sounds like the games being deserted... i played at release and levelled a shaman to max but was quite bored at the end of it, the storey was good fun (levelled as Horde) but the actual end game content seemed a bit rubbish, admittedly it was like a week and a half after release when i quit lol, so i imagine the games been fleshed out since then.

Im considering resubbing and levelling up an Alliance character and maybe actually try and get into some end game raiding, but is it too late? have i missed the boat? if it sounds like people are leaving in droves....

Anyone know of any active EU Alliance orientated servers or any guilds looking to fill out the ranks? ive played every expansion released, i would rate the ones i loved the most as Vanilla, Lich King, WoD, Cataclysm and Legion, didnt really care for the others and i particularly hated Pandaria, BFA felt kinda stale too me as well, but i do feel i have unfinished business and that maybe i never really gave BFA a real chance.

Associate
Whats the general state of the game now then? reading the above it sounds like the games being deserted... i played at release and levelled a shaman to max but was quite bored at the end of it, the storey was good fun (levelled as Horde) but the actual end game content seemed a bit rubbish, admittedly it was like a week and a half after release when i quit lol, so i imagine the games been fleshed out since then.

Im considering resubbing and levelling up an Alliance character and maybe actually try and get into some end game raiding, but is it too late? have i missed the boat? if it sounds like people are leaving in droves....

Anyone know of any active EU Alliance orientated servers or any guilds looking to fill out the ranks? ive played every expansion released, i would rate the ones i loved the most as Vanilla, Lich King, WoD, Cataclysm and Legion, didnt really care for the others and i particularly hated Pandaria, BFA felt kinda stale too me as well, but i do feel i have unfinished business and that maybe i never really gave BFA a real chance.
Come on silvermoon. its majority alliance

Back
Top Bottom