*** World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth ***

Soldato
I've not played for quite a while now but tempted to come back for this expansion. I don't bother with raids/dungeons, I just like to level my characters and follow the storylines (sad I know). The last time I played I had a garrison, are these still in the storyline for levelling toons or are they just bypassed now and there's no need to update them on the toons I have?

Caporegime
Once you have done the questline it's basically doing world quests each day if you aren't into dungeons and stuff. The garrison building thing will still be there for that expansion/level range.

Soldato
I've got some lvl 100 alliance toons on the following servers that I'm going to level before going to Azeroth:

Anachronos
Chamber of Aspects
Moonglade

Anyone playing on these servers in a guild that could possibly invite me?

Also, it's been over 2 years since I last played so what addons are you using now? Got my curse account merged with twitch now so just need to sort out which ones to use.

Soldato
Some of the ones I use are:

ElvUI with Shadow and Light
DBM but might going to Big/Little wigs
Titan Panel
AdiBags
Details
Square mini map
A couple of addons to track collections etc

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Also, it's been over 2 years since I last played so what addons are you using now? Got my curse account merged with twitch now so just need to sort out which ones to use.

You don't really need much tbh mate.

I second ElvUI with S&L, Details and DBM.

World Quest List is good once you get into BFA content.

I also use SimCraft along with Pawn, and Azerite Power Weights, but you probably won't need this until you hit 120 and start doing Mythic+/Raiding etc.

Icy-Veins usually have some recommended addons for each class on their website, have a read of that.

Associate
Is there a forum guild still going for this? I unsubbed a couple of weeks ago due to everyone else I know quitting but I wouldn't mind joining up with like minded nerds.

Soldato
Been playing for a couple of days now and starting to enjoy it again. It took me ages to get my UI to my liking, I was really rusty but now with weakauras my rotation is pretty good and I'm not dying much :)

I've been playing ESO for the past 6 months so it's been a big change going back to WoW. One of the main things I've noticed is how slow travel by foot and mount seems compared to ESO travel. I'm also trying to find a guild but no luck yet, all the ones I've contacted so far are looking for raiders etc, no-one seems to just want to be social now.

Regarding guilds, I see on the WoW Forums that mine has another 2 realms with it. Does this now mean I can join any guild from those 3 realms or does it have to be mine (Anachronos)?

Would communities be an option instead of being in a guild? Would just be nice to chat to people and ask all my noob questions.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just started out in WOW and have leveled to 20 as a dwarf and just subscribed for the first time ever. Seems a lot to learn but im liking it thus far :)

It does seem daunting at first but you soon get the hang of it. I've been playing since launch on and off and everytime I come back it's like a new game with all the changes, I usually spend the first couple of days sorting out my screen and character build/rotation before getting back into it.

One thing I've noticed over the years is the lack of social guilds. They all seem to be asking for people for raids etc which I have no interest in.

Enjoy and say goodbye to your social life :)

Back
Top Bottom