***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

Soldato
UBRS was one of my fav vanilla dungeons! be awesome if they did it right!

Indeed, but it would be even better if you had to use CC and not just aoe everything. I loved Vanilla days when you would see the "LF Mage or Rogue for UBRS", yes the Dungeons used to take a lot longer but it was much more rewarding. Actually I shouldn't think about it, it's so annoying that they've made the game so easy these days :(

Soldato
Think the only time i've seen it recently is the adds before Garrosh? ... but thats not REAL CC.

Remember you really had to keep an eye on whatever was sapped/poly in case it broke out!

Very much miss the days of CC and tactics rather than who can AoE them the quickest!

Soldato
It did slow down the 5 mans quite considerably though, I remember all the little trash packs in places like SM, every fight would need setting up with who would tank/CC what.

I think to get back to those days would require a nerf to all the tanking classes as it's far easier for the tank to pick them all up, whereas back then it meant stacking sunder armour like a madman.

Soldato
It did slow down the 5 mans quite considerably though, I remember all the little trash packs in places like SM, every fight would need setting up with who would tank/CC what.

I think to get back to those days would require a nerf to all the tanking classes as it's far easier for the tank to pick them all up, whereas back then it meant stacking sunder armour like a madman.

Was that a bad thing though? I don't think so. I'd rather do a couple of dungeons in a night and have to work for it than 20 that just involves running through them. I played a Tank (Warrior) in Vanilla and it was great, you had some responsibility whether it was marking targets or getting a pull right. There was a risk of getting it wrong on nearly every pack.

I know it will never go back to the Vanilla days of CC etc but at least they say max-level “Normal” dungeons are back and the heroics will be harder as a result (I hope harder actually means HARD!).

Soldato
Bringing ubrs back is a mistake in my opinion. However releasing more dungeons late on is great. The ice crown citadel heroics were superb and offered great loot that aioli mentors raids at the time. I want more of that instead of just LFR

Soldato
Blizzcon announced for November 7th-9th.

Whats the odds on Warlords release for August/Sept in time for live raids at Blizzcon?

Whats the alternative Blizzcon with no wow content? Cant imagine the devs wanna be stikcing blizzcon in the middle of their launch preparations for Warlords so my money is in expansion being out before Blizzcon

Soldato
confirmed in the latest dev watercooler, no more tier gear or trinkets from LFR.

It will now have its own loot tables with gear between heroic 5mans and normal raid difficulty

Our intent is for Raid Finder to allow players to experience our raid content, see the conclusion of major storylines, and witness the epic environments that our artists create without needing to commit to an organized raid group. We’d like to focus on that purity of purpose, and minimize the elements that have made guild raiders feel like they needed to do Raid Finder each week as part of their core progression. Accordingly, while loot will be awarded more frequently, Raid Finder in Warlords will have different loot tables than the Normal, Heroic, or Mythic versions of the raids, along with different item art. The gear will fall in between dungeon loot and Normal mode raid loot in terms of power, as it does today, but without the set bonuses and specific trinkets that tend to make raiders feel like they need to run Raid Finder alongside their weekly guild raids today.

6http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13942448/dev-watercooler-raiding-azeroth-part-3-warlords-of-draenor-30-04-2014

Soldato
confirmed in the latest dev watercooler, no more tier gear or trinkets from LFR.

It will now have its own loot tables with gear between heroic 5mans and normal raid difficulty

6http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13942448/dev-watercooler-raiding-azeroth-part-3-warlords-of-draenor-30-04-2014

That's actually a good idea I think, I'm beginning to think it may be a good expansion but I'm still a little worried they will simplify even further.

I got back into playing WOW a couple of weeks ago, I'm not doing any PVE but having a load of fun with the Hunter in PVP so I'm keeping my eye on what they are doing on the PVP side with cc's and abilities (which are being reduced).

Is there going to be an open Beta this time or how do you sign up for a beta ?

Man of Honour
People getting into the WoD Alpha now (they're streaming on Twitch), right after the WildStar launch. Blizzard. :D

Not that WildStar is really relevant, found it very disappointing.

Permabanned
There are updates daily even small things which make me go and change my Draenor spec! Like i wanted as far away from my Rogue as possible after eight years and now they added in two changes which changed my mind. I noticed that secondary stats like readyness have been removed now as well.

I noticed Blade Flurry got two changes recently which is a nice little buff to combat. Flurry can now apply poisons and has no target cap! The new Dissapearance Glyph that knocks a minute off Vanish for Ass/Combat specs is pretty sexy as well. Were potentially looking at combat rogues hitting unlimited targets with Blade Flurry and having the ability to Vanish/Cloak and skulk off every one minute!

:D

Soldato
ive been unsubbed from wow now since the end of March and have still been keeping a close eye on the developments of the information coming out for WOD.

Its strange as im really not missing the game at the moment so im guessing the break was overdue, i plan to come back once the 6.0 patch lands tho.

Im sort of torn now between watching streams of the alpha or trying to not spoil the whole experience.

Associate
I really want to be excited for WoD bit nothing grabs me abou it, i guess the Garrisons are kind on interesting but it seems more like a extended pandaria farm. When i first heard about the Garrison concept i thought it would be some kind of old school RTS side-game that'd expand my garrison by succsesfully completing missions.

Back
Top Bottom