***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

Soldato
Ralph out of interest how is your guild adapting to the mythic changes for WOD, are they merging with another guild or do they have enough depth in the roster to just switch to 20 man?

Im really looking towards a new guild before WOD because i want to do some proper raiding again

Associate
I very much agree with you on the whole portal to things, its a joke

But would the people who used to play still play and would the game be running if they hadnt introduced it ?

the fact of the matter is whilst people are talking about it and playing it Blizz have to keep the masses happy, problem is it has annoyed the older school players

Yeah, I agree with you and appreciate it's the right business decision for Blizzard to keep the masses happy. I just hate how [much] it's changed from the game I loved so badly in TBC days. :p

Soldato
I enjoy the fact there are portals everywhere now. Oh guys we are doing so and so raid/instance anyone want to come... sure be there in 40 minutes... No thanks

Associate
I enjoy the fact there are portals everywhere now. Oh guys we are doing so and so raid/instance anyone want to come... sure be there in 40 minutes... No thanks

IMO it takes so much depth out of the game. You never need to leave the capitals anymore. And where are you raiding that it took you 40 minutes to get to? XD

Associate
Ralph out of interest how is your guild adapting to the mythic changes for WOD, are they merging with another guild or do they have enough depth in the roster to just switch to 20 man?

Im really looking towards a new guild before WOD because i want to do some proper raiding again

Well up till about Christmas we had a bout 13 or so "Raiders" that wanted to play. So it might not have been so hard to get a group ready for Mythic, couple of healers and few DPS as we had 3 tanks, 1 Tank left and went Horde and 1 of our Top DPS (Drood Boomkin) offspeced to Tank or Main Specced however you want to see it.

Christmas break for 2 weeks and then Main Tank and Guild Leader got a Job the spotty 16 year old scrot :D

The plan was to see what happens, we was looking to recruit before end of MoP to try and maybe have 2 Raid teams doing 10 man hcs probably dumbing down up to the start of the patch before WoD but last week i think 3 people signed to raid cause of varying other issues and problem etc

With regards to my server which is probably more of the problem is that its dying a death, if i could raid X realm in current content, not LFR or Flex id be raiding with some mates.

If things dont pick up looks like ill be Transfering all my chars to another realm and starting again but its if i want to do that before WoD or after once i got to 100 :confused:

Associate
Yeah, I agree with you and appreciate it's the right business decision for Blizzard to keep the masses happy. I just hate how [much] it's changed from the game I loved so badly in TBC days. :p

Has it changed much because they had to or because they could now games are more programmable if you get my drift

I mean look at the WOW folder now 40 GiG ? i dont think i had a HD that size back in 2004 ( i am over the top i know), now a days and i think i got 3 TB of HDD space in my PC, not used and 1 TB of that is spare drive just sitting doing nothing.

I think the way of the world is why should we wait but i agree you should still have attunment quests of some sort even in TBC you had to do quests to get into 5 mans :cool:

Soldato

The game was soo much better when you actually had to make your way to the instance. On the way you'd get into fights and all sorts, made the came much more fun and enjoyable. Better than just sitting off in a city, never having to leave for anything and clicking a button to the instance.

Associate
Has it changed much because they had to or because they could now games are more programmable if you get my drift

I think a bit of both to be honest. On a top level they've made everything much "less hassle" or as some people like to say "easier" simply so it accommodates/appeals to a larger % of the playerbase.

I guess that the technological developments sort of come hand in hand with making stuff easier.

Associate
I am not sure id be interested in a Old server, very buggy, used to DC all the time and game would crash.

I cant remember the last time my game crashed, had a couple of DC since christmas ?

For me as i have said the game still keeps me interested but i must admit i think WoD needs to come sooner rather then later but again this happened a few years back before MOP with D3 and now we have D3 RoS.......

Soldato
I am not sure id be interested in a Old server, very buggy, used to DC all the time and game would crash.

I cant remember the last time my game crashed, had a couple of DC since christmas ?

For me as i have said the game still keeps me interested but i must admit i think WoD needs to come sooner rather then later but again this happened a few years back before MOP with D3 and now we have D3 RoS.......

I honestly can't remember having any issues in Vanilla regarding crashes or d/c! When it was first released there were issues, but not after that!

Vanilla/TBC were the best parts of this game!

Wonder why its not on their books to do it... or at least trial it!

Soldato
Indeed, in the main Blizzards servers have been rock solid. You had the loot bug issue at launch for a fair old while but they eventually sorted that.

To he honest, its really not that hard to experiance capped content ;)

Associate
Resubbed again recently, had a hankering to do a bit of levelling and the new expansion made me feel like playing.

Preordered the expansion from G2A for £19.39 but I think I'm gonna cancel that and buy it from Blizzard direct for the £35 just purely to get the boost now and make some use out of it for a couple of months rather than wait till then to get my key.

Not sure why people are considering the boost pay to win, cus it's not really. It gives people no benefit other than saving time. Although, if I wasn't getting it with the expansion free I sure as hell wouldn't be paying for one on it's own for the same price as the full expansion, makes no sense.

When you think though, people want this because it's more cost effective to do that and work overtime to cover the cost of it than to spend, what, 30+ hours (more probably I can't remember how long it takes to fully level - it's taken me 7 hours to get to 35 on my new hunter so that's probably there or there abouts) levelling to 90 and then spending even longer getting 483 gear. Makes sense if it's your fourth or fifth time levelling to do it that way, actually.

Soldato

Bar the massive demand outstripping supply at vanilla, I can't remember there being any big server issues to be honest. Most of it was bug fixing and the like.

I honestly can't remember having any issues in Vanilla regarding crashes or d/c! When it was first released there were issues, but not after that!

Vanilla/TBC were the best parts of this game!

Wonder why its not on their books to do it... or at least trial it!

Doesn't fit with their (and Activision's) model of bringing dross that appeals to the masses. They don't want vanilla players on WoW.

Back
Top Bottom