***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

If that's how YOU want to play, then that's fine? What's wrong with me wanting to raid every night? Why is my opinion incorrect? It's not an argument, so I dont know why you're looking for one.

If that's how YOU want to play, then that's fine? What's wrong with me wanting to raid every night?

I'm not trying to be a jerk I just don't get your argument, if you want to complete the game in a week then have nothing to do for the rest of the year then save the money and play on a private server, problem solved :S

That's how every other game is played. It's how the game was when it was released.

Id rather go all out on one character every month than drag out 3 or 4 over a year. That's tedious to me. Daily cooldowns, 4k max tokens (one item) a month, but 1k a week max per week, all those artificial invisible barriers jut annoy me. It should be up to me how fast or slow i take it.

It's just capitalism, designed to keep me at the game for as long as possible. And that's fine if YOU like it... fair enough. I like everything else about the game. I like the levelling process, I like the gameplay and the level design and everything... I just hate the controlled exposure, and ultimately that causes me to spend more time unsubbed than I would be if i was allowed to progress as i like.

I've never gotten the Legendary Cloak or any of those things because it gets to the point where you log on once a week to get your 1k tokens then log off. I get so bored of that, that I unsub long before.

Hell, i would even PAY THEM to allow me to reset cooldowns, or remove them.

It's just personal. I have friends/guildmates who agree and have quit over it.

I can see both sides of the argument, because I have been on both of them.

In Vanilla I lead a very successful raiding guild. When new content was released we would absolutely hammer it until we had cleared it. Once we had it on farm we would drop down to 2-3 nights a week to clear it and get our loot. We only required people to show for the farm raids, but I always found the majority that we had would still want to raid on the off-nights. It's a massively different population of player that WoW has now.

Me personally, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Vanilla (and TBC + WotLK), but I am also enjoying my relaxed raiding schedule I have now. I do not think I could go back to the hardcore raiding of old.

It's how the game was when it was released.

Sorry but that's totally wrong, in fact the game was even more limited then due to atunement required for raids, reputation requirements for heroic 5mans, etc.

The issue is your opinion is a very minor one and if they were to set it up the way you want it would impact on the majority of players and ruin the game for most.

The thing for me is it's not just raiding. When MOP was released you couldnt do faction quests until you'd gotten Exalted with Golden Lotus... but you couldnt just get Golden Lotus because there was only X amount of Dailies. They reduced it to Revered but it's still insane. No turn ins, just dailies. So before you could do Klaxxi/ShadoPan etc, you had to spend 2 months doing Golden Lotus. That's pretty crazy gated content, and I cant even see an argument FOR it, other than a developer maximising player exposure to their product.

Sorry but that's totally wrong, in fact the game was even more limited then due to atunement required for raids, reputation requirements for heroic 5mans, etc.

The issue is your opinion is a very minor one and if they were to set it up the way you want it would impact on the majority of players and ruin the game for most.

My opinion isnt any less vaild because you dont share it.

Also I could raid as many nights as i liked, so it's not wrong. Also Heroics were not introduced until TBC, a full 2 years into the game.

Last edited:
My opinion isnt any less vaild because you dont share it.

I didn't say it was less valid because I didn't share it, I pointed out it wasn't shared by the vast majority of players (and therefore it is not what Blizzards customers want, hence it would be bad for business).

Also I could raid as many nights as i liked, so it's not wrong.

Again I never said you were wrong, just that your opinion is a minor one, and it would be bad for them if they changed the game in a way most are opposed too.

Also Heroics were not introduced until some time into TBC.

Correct, and they needed reputation levels with TBC factions like I said. They didn't exist at the games launch so couldn't have been unlocked then could they.

And do you have any thoughts on all the other points i raised or is that the only one?

Okay fine:

Daily cooldowns: If you mean heroics, they have always been like that, however you can ignore the CD via LFD, if you mean crafting then the CD's are to control the economy, rarety = value.

4k max tokens (one item) a month: the cap is there to stop people hoarding, if your spending them properly it won't affect anyone, if you are hoarding in order to carry points over between tiers then just be glad they don't wipe them between tiers like they used to.

all those artificial invisible barriers jut annoy me. It should be up to me how fast or slow i take it.: The problem is if they let people do that then some would go hardcore no life beast mode and get BiS in a few weeks, which would be unfair on everyone else.

It's just capitalism, designed to keep me at the game for as long as possible. And that's fine if YOU like it... fair enough. I like everything else about the game. I like the levelling process, I like the gameplay and the level design and everything... I just hate the controlled exposure, and ultimately that causes me to spend more time unsubbed than I would be if i was allowed to progress as i like.: I have just resubbed after quitting at xmas halfway through heroic SoO due to boredom, but my complaint is lack of content, letting me blitz through it faster would make it even worse (and be unfair on others).

I have been considering putting a small casual raiding guild together for this expansion. Nothing massive, for those like myself who couldn't dedicate 3-5 nights a week for Mythic raiding. I'd like to see something outside of LFR in warlords, even if it is just Normal or some Heroic.

I have a level 25 Alliance guild on Silvermoon EU, anyone who is interested in throwing together a small core group for 1-2 nights a week let me know, battletag is Markeh#2286 or on here or what not.

Quoting incase people missed it on the last page. Really hoping to get things moving.

I didn't say it was less valid because I didn't share it, I pointed out it wasn't shared by the vast majority of players (and therefore it is not what Blizzards customers want, hence it would be bad for business).

Again I never said you were wrong, just that your opinion is a minor one, and it would be bad for them if they changed the game in a way most are opposed too.

Correct, and they needed reputation levels with TBC factions like I said. They didn't exist at the games launch so couldn't have been unlocked then could they.

Okay fine:

Daily cooldowns: If you mean heroics, they have always been like that, however you can ignore the CD via LFD, if you mean crafting then the CD's are to control the economy, rarety = value.

4k max tokens (one item) a month: the cap is there to stop people hoarding, if your spending them properly it won't affect anyone, if you are hoarding in order to carry points over between tiers then just be glad they don't wipe them between tiers like they used to.

all those artificial invisible barriers jut annoy me. It should be up to me how fast or slow i take it.: The problem is if they let people do that then some would go hardcore no life beast mode and get BiS in a few weeks, which would be unfair on everyone else.

It's just capitalism, designed to keep me at the game for as long as possible. And that's fine if YOU like it... fair enough. I like everything else about the game. I like the levelling process, I like the gameplay and the level design and everything... I just hate the controlled exposure, and ultimately that causes me to spend more time unsubbed than I would be if i was allowed to progress as i like.: I have just resubbed after quitting at xmas halfway through heroic SoO due to boredom, but my complaint is lack of content, letting me blitz through it faster would make it even worse (and be unfair on others).

Couldn't agree more.

The thing for me is it's not just raiding. When MOP was released you couldnt do faction quests until you'd gotten Exalted with Golden Lotus... but you couldnt just get Golden Lotus because there was only X amount of Dailies. They reduced it to Revered but it's still insane. No turn ins, just dailies. So before you could do Klaxxi/ShadoPan etc, you had to spend 2 months doing Golden Lotus. That's pretty crazy gated content, and I cant even see an argument FOR it, other than a developer maximising player exposure to their product.

People complain enough as it is about lack of content, how bad do you think it would be if everything was accessible from the get go?

Right it looks like after the best part of 2 years I might be coming back lol :(
Nowt else has grabbed me the way WoW did, Last time I played was Cata so I should have plenty of bits n bob to catch up on :p and I always like going thru the odl content too, might aim for another legendary :eek:

Are DK's still decent tanks?

Just a heads up, they hotfixed the old content, our damage boost has been lowered but so has mob health, they reckon kill times should now be 20% slower than they were on patch day.

Has SoO been nerfed? I was thinking of going for my loom on my main who had previously cleared flex a few times? Is it going to be easier to PUG? (I heard a rumour that bosses had their health nerfed by 40%??)

Also what chance do I have of soloing firelands heroic as a ilvl 553 rogue? I quite fancy the tir set from there as transmog.

Well I was ripping through heroic firelands on a L578 Arms Warrior the other night, having said that though some fights did deal quite a bit of damage, so if our damage has been nerfed then healing from leech will too so bear that in mind /shrug

Back
Top Bottom