Worst places in England.

Soldato
I've lived in a lot of different places around the North West over the years (Lancashire, Liverpool, Manchester) and have probably rented over 20 different flats/houses scattered across those regions so I consider the North West to be home coz it's an area I know quite well.

I moved to Stoke and spent 6 years there but I had a reason to move there that was related to my business but I seriously can't understand why you would move from Leeds to Stoke for no apparent reason and without any job prospects on the horizon.

What you did seems stupid and pointless to me unless you were running away from something in Leeds and wanted a complete fresh start where nobody knows you.

I doubt anyone is actually too scared to take a chance and move away somewhere new but most people would need a reason to make a big life change like that. Stoke isn't a city anyone in their right mind would choose to move to on a whim. Overall it's quite a drab and dreary place to live compared to other more vibrant/buzzing cities/towns around the North and Midlands..

You obviously have great insight driving your little van around the country,if you can't see why I would move from a.deprived area to a.beutiful area where I can indulge in my passion of surfing then you are probably dead from the neck up

Screenshot-2022-10-03-17-01-38-28-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Permabanned
You obviously have great insight driving your little van around the country,if you can't see why I would move from a.deprived area to a.beutiful area where I can indulge in my passion of surfing then you are probably dead from the neck up

Screenshot-2022-10-03-17-01-38-28-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

20 big ELWB sprinter vans, several 7.5T lorries, 2 hiab equipped trunkers, 4 HGVs, and currently employing 30 staff in a warehouse. I'm not Postman Pat matey delivering letters and small boxes using a Citroen Berlingo or similar lol.

Surfing in Stoke? Please enlighten me as to where the nearest beach and ocean is lol

Soldato
20 big ELWB sprinter vans, several 7.5T lorries, 2 hiab equipped trunkers, 4 HGVs, and currently employing 30 staff in a warehouse. I'm not Postman Pat matey delivering letters and small boxes using a Citroen Berlingo or similar lol.

Surfing in Stoke? Please enlighten me as to where the nearest beach and ocean is lol

wow, St breward is in stoke not Cornwall ,damn

Caporegime
Problem is even the nice places are doing down the pan. I live in a beautiful village just over the border from North yorkshire and used to be North Yorkshire but its dying. Every house that comes on the market is bought up as a holiday let and if it isnt, its people from down south moving in.

The community spirit is going and myself and my partner are starting to think about moving somewhere else soon.

ANyway back to the point, worst place I lived was Hackney North London and the second worse place was Lenton Boulevard in Nottingham. The year I lived there we had more murders than anywhere in the country including an old man who told two young kids off for queue jumping in the local chippy so one of them hit him over the head with a gatepost.......

Last edited:
Caporegime
Problem is even the nice places are doing down the pan. I live in a beautiful village just over the border from North yorkshire and used to be North Yorkshire but its dying. Every house that comes on the market is bought up as a holiday let and if it isnt, its people from down south moving in.

The community spirit is going and myself and my partner are starting to think about moving somewhere else soon.

ANyway back to the point, worst place I lived was Hackney North London and the second worse place was Lenton Boulevard in Nottingham. The year I lived there we had more murders than anywhere in the country including an old man who told two young kids off for queue jumping in the local chippy so one of them hit him over the head with a gatepost.......

Honestly, what is it with southerners? I grew up in London but my god, every single one that has moved in near me as an absolute arse hole. They have no concept of/consideration for others around them. They take no notice of the covenants and village traditions.

Literally it's a north/south divide. The only exception are the two couples from Cornwall who are both lovely.

Permabanned
OP
Honestly, what is it with southerners? I grew up in London but my god, every single one that has moved in near me as an absolute arse hole. They have no concept of/consideration for others around them. They take no notice of the covenants and village traditions.

Literally it's a north/south divide. The only exception are the two couples from Cornwall who are both lovely.
Us Midlanders just watching the sticks fly over our heads from the North to the South and vice versa.
Sipping a cuppa Earl Grey as it goes.

Then when the cuppa is done, fighting with ourselves, midlands is just a fight vs each other rather than a more intercity debate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom