Worst tv advert?

Soldato
sorry i think you mean hai - un - dai. And they can do one if they think I'm going to start pronouncing it differently after all this time.

Thats the thing and its the same with Ikea and Nestle. They've been telling us over many years in adverts over and over again their name and all of a sudden, they tell us we've been saying it wrong when its been them all along

Soldato
I have a visceral hatred of this advert. Have to look away when it’s on. WTF is the meaning even supposed to be? I just find it sort of disturbing.

That Tesco one with the woman with the weird CGI fixed face. Creepy.

:p

Associate
I watch a lot of Youtube mainly these days, so probably doesn't apply to traditional TV ads, but those "ads" which are literally just a 4 minute music video, or even worse, just a full on video that's 10, 20, even 30+ minutes long.

Soldato
The Rustlers ad is quite fun but it annoys me that she doesn’t actually bite the burger at the end then pretends to chew.

also, the end line "better than you think" I mean wtf? Who signed that off? What were the alternatives on the short list?

Rustlers "not as bad as you'd expect"
Rustlers "It's not complete sh***!"
Rustlers "It's only 20% horsemeat and 5% rat"
Rustlers "made with 100% unfiltered bin juice"

Last edited:
Associate
THe latest "INDEED" ad is like some fifth formers wrote a number for a musical and they thought it was great and didn't realise it's generic, badly worded, badly acted/danced, crap.

Soldato
Pretty much all of them are *****, no idea why these companies don't make something funny or good so people remember them and thus the product. Instead of being creative they'd rather be an annoyance.

Soldato
Pretty much all of them are *****, no idea why these companies don't make something funny or good so people remember them and thus the product. Instead of being creative they'd rather be an annoyance.
Well I guess if we're talking about it then they've done their job. A poor quality ad that people remember has served its purpose. It may not be excellent but you cut your cloth to the brief and budget, and if they can only afford cheap and nasty then cheap and nasty is what gets made.

It was easier in the old days with fewer channels and predictable viewing habits to target budgets and sink money into prime ads. Now there is a diluted platform, reduced viewer base (at any given time) and a lot of advertising budget goes to online or other sectors. So less money, fewer premium opportunities, need for greater volume to get audience reach, and a need for synchronisation with wider platforms. It all means we get more junk as cheapo firms can find and afford available slots to advertise in, and big firms won't pay as much for ad slots as they used to.

The gov(?) changing some of the advertising rules on gambling etc has also allowed a whole raft of tedious crap to flood our screens. I wish it were banned again tbh.

Associate
They're all following Go Compare, after they were voted the most annoying adverts... EVERYONE knows about Go Compare. Incredibly effective! Get into people's brains. Doesn't matter how!

Back
Top Bottom