Worst tv advert?

Man of Honour
YouTube ads in general boggle my mind - you have about 3 seconds to get someone's attention (skippable or unskippable) and plant awareness of your brand and/or product and most ads waste it - especially like 20+ second unskippable ads will put most people off if anything, maybe in some cases it works for their target audience but in most cases will just put people off, while telling you nothing in the first few seconds.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ooh, theres a new contender for the most awful cringy advert. The new McDonalds one where they are in an office and getting everyone to go to McDonalds. ******* awful. One of those adverts thats you notice something even more cringy every time its on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone wants stringing up for making that McDonalds add. One of my favourite Yello tracks forever tainted. Also, the way they all make occasional rigid straight arm movements whilst marching in unison, not far off goosesteping, sinister as ****.

Soldato
giphy.gif

Man of Honour
With so many adverts lately I'm left scratching my head and wondering if they ever asked themselves who their audience/market(s) is/are and what they are trying to sell, not the product but what the key selling point of their product actually is.

So many don't seem to realise as well you have about 3 seconds to either embed a memory of your ad/product/company or get the viewer's attention and most waste it - for instance opening with some incredibly boring guy reading off the bullet points of the product highlights without mention of the product name or company, etc. in the opening is just a waste.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I like to think that advertisers know what they are doing but do people really like these adverts? Most adverts I am largely indifferent to but when I really dislike one I actively don't want to buy whatever they are selling.

Then there are the adverts where you keep seeing them and every time you are thinking, "I have seen this quite a few times and I still can't remember what its for".

Soldato
All the charity ones on daytime TV. An episode of Judge Judy while I have lunch is one of my guilty pleasures in life and every ad break is full of starving kids and battered donkeys.

Just feed the donkeys to kids and jobs a good ‘un!

Not sure how long it's been going on as not a huge fan of daytime TV but I've noticed the monthly donations thing is no longer enough. GIVE US ALL YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU DIE seems to be the new approach. :p

Back
Top Bottom