Worth buying an AW3423DWF or waiting for new monitors?

Soldato
Thread bump but just ordered one of these managed to bag it for £668, TCB offering 1% cashback too as another little bonus...

Upgrading from a Acer Z35P which I've had for almost 5 years, looking about I can still get pretty penny when I sell that so will sort that, it should be here tomorrow, will post impressions :D

Running on a 4090..

Last edited:
Associate
Thread bump but just ordered one of these managed to bag it for £668, TCB offering 1% cashback too as another little bonus...

Upgrading from a Acer Z35P which I've had for almost 5 years, looking about I can still get pretty penny when I sell that so will sort that, it should be here tomorrow, will post impressions :D

Running on a 4090..
Hmm, I'm awfully tempted as can also get one for £668. I only have a 6800 XT but having played on my S95B for the last month or so the reduction in quality I have to make in settings to get a smooth FPS is more than made up for by the IQ the OLED/4K res provide.

Having tried my friends AW I like UW, and the slight drop in Res would boost FPS. Temptation!

Soldato
Hmm, I'm awfully tempted as can also get one for £668. I only have a 6800 XT but having played on my S95B for the last month or so the reduction in quality I have to make in settings to get a smooth FPS is more than made up for by the IQ the OLED/4K res provide.

Having tried my friends AW I like UW, and the slight drop in Res would boost FPS. Temptation!

Get it done.

Soldato

Running on a 4090..

I'm only seeing it for ~£770 from the dell/Alienware site. How are you getting extra £100 off if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Associate
Screenshot-20240118-124234-Amex-UK.jpg

Soldato
Mine is borked. Big shaded bars running vertically on the screen. Dell customer service is amazing though. Within 20 mins of speaking to customer support a replacement has been ordered.

Associate
I’m about to get one of these monitors. I will be using it for mixed use though. What’s the main concerns with office use? Is it the pixel layout/text clarity or burn in?

I would say pixel layout for text is possibly less likely the issue as not everyone can notice it (depends on distance and eyes of course).

But any current OLED tech (including QD) is going to have issues with at least image retention on screen - most certainly in the grey 50 nits band region, if you don't make any adjustments to certain things that would make the display go hard on the pixels, causing them to prematurely have image retention, and if left too long - burn in.

Typically the recommendation is; Brightness don't push to 75% or more. Windows colour schemes, you don't need to go all black and dark, but you should at least change the scheme where it highlights non active (and if you have the ability to) active windows border and menus to something other than pure white (Storm Grey is a nice one). Have changing Wallpapers and Screensavers (on a short but not too short timer). And that should help limit issues to the display and allow it to stay clean for longer.

Back
Top Bottom