1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you buy this house ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MehulLakhani, May 20, 2010.

1. krooton

Capodecina

The house is nice, but the kitchen is rank, and I don't think it's worth the money overall.

2. krooton

Capodecina

3. MehulLakhani

Wise Guy

Well actually, I am in a very stable job, and there is no way I would give it up, therefore we are sort of forced to live locally.

And the idiots that have caused house prices to rocket are more than likely the BTL crew, not people like myself.

R

mehul

4. Tunney

Capodecina

Find a cheaper house in an area with worse schools and then spend the money you've saved on sending your kids to a public school? :p

5. Scam

Capodecina

That kitchen is horrendous. Don't buy. Just don't.

EDIT: How on earth are houses in Watford that expensive? I don't know the town but I didn't think it had a great rep. Compare houses to where I live in Ealing (zone 3, 10mins to Paddington, 30mins into central London, very good schools and reputation) and it seems bonkers. You can get huge 4-5 bedroom houses in Ealing for that money, 10mins walk from the Tube, in a lovely quiet residential area surrounded by parks. :confused:

For example; http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...pPropertyId=25275790&mapType=Map&fromMap=true

Well said.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  6. Kawolski

Mobster

7. Jez

Caporegime

Completely agree, a much better way to buy. :) Avoids the new build and high spec weighting that the original house commands.

8. Musty Pie

Soldato

agreed watford is over priced and a horrible area to live in, check places such as St Albans or berkhamsted for that price ;)

the link below is a friend i used to work for who is selling his house. The area is STUNNING and his house is VERY nice (might be worth a look?)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=128111170536607

9. Kawolski

Mobster

Seriously! :eek:
    Each to their own I suppose.
    Admitedly the finish on the OP is sublime.
    £90,000 is a hell of a lot of home improvements and you'd easily be able to equal if not surpass the spec of the original.

10. Bear

Capodecina

Might be worth looking in Aylesbury area like Stoke Mandeville. The Hempstead Road is very busy. I live down the road in Chesham and would recommend looking in Amersham, Chartridge, Berkhampstead, Beaconsfield, Weston Turville, Aston Clinton.

11. TMP

Hitman

You're joking right? you would have to travel quite far out of Torbay to see any 'stunning coastline and beaches' ;)

12. regulus

Sgarrista

Price made me laugh. I'd be embarrassed to tell people I paid 850k for a house like that. Worth it? Not on your life.

13. regulus

Sgarrista

I can guarantee you it's still a dump. People that live there pretend differently. I go there for shopping at least once a month seeing it's close(ish) to where I live in North London, and thank my lucky stars I don't have to live there.

14. MotherMayI

Wise Guy

I can't even imagine wanting to live in Watford.

15. Dr House

Capodecina

Parking is not a huge issue.

you could install japanese parking which will give you an extra 2 spaces.

however I would not buy on a busy road.

We looked at this when we where thinking of moving to London. 850 should get you a nice 3 bed in there.

http://www.royalconnaughtpark.com/

16. Kawolski

Mobster

I shall treat that comment with the contempt it deserves! :p

Not as far as you'd have to travel.

17. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Some of the most outstanding coastline in the country is a matter of miles from Torbay :confused:

18. Kawolski

Mobster

I concur Mr Fox.

I moved here after living in Plymouth for 31 years funny enough.

19. TheOtherOption

Soldato

Can't believe how much prices have changed in ealing over the last 10 years or so - not surprising I guess but still - this house was my grandparents place and when they moved out to get a flat they sold it for I think about half the price it's being sold for now!

Granted it has been completely re-vamped inside!

/But yea I wouldn't like to fork out that much for a place either but when needs must!

Keep looking mate and see what else is on offer maybe for less that you could spend a little money doing up the way you want :)