• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you sell a GPU on ebay now?

Soldato
Just stuck an old card up for more than I bought it for and it went within an hour. Maybe I should've gone higher? :D But given the somewhat treacherous terrain of the market at the moment I've been quite fastidious and documented everything. Wish me luck!

Soldato
Just stuck an old card up for more than I bought it for and it went within an hour. Maybe I should've gone higher? :D But given the somewhat treacherous terrain of the market at the moment I've been quite fastidious and documented everything. Wish me luck!

Good luck. The countdown to the 4th September (end of the 6 month PayPal claims period) begins :p

Soldato
I stuck a 3060Ti up there 5 days ago that I got for £389, founders edition. It's on £850!!! This market right now is crazy. Now I'm ******** myself I'm gonna get scammed.

Soldato
I've decided to end my auction that is currently at £850, just not worth the hassle.

I just cannot be dealing with PayPal, Ebay and scamming little idiot problems right now.

Seems to be no sure fire way of protecting yourself as a seller.

Associate
Oh I forgot to mention in my post. When i put up my Vega 64 I had 2 bidders from Russia with 0 feedback 4 year old accounts. I cancelled their bids and blocked them from bidding.

Associate
I sold all my old i5 PC components on ebay including 2 GPUs, only issue i had was a SSD that someone won but didn't pay for, its currently in limbo between automated resolution and me just ignoring it and relisting manually.

Associate
Oh I forgot to mention in my post. When i put up my Vega 64 I had 2 bidders from Russia with 0 feedback 4 year old accounts. I cancelled their bids and blocked them from bidding.

It really is getting out of hand on the Bay if selling anything electronic even when you list an item with uk bidders only and no international postage you still get foreigner bidding up the price. It seems like it some sort of deliberate
tactic to screw up listings.

Associate
I don’t bother with auctions anymore due to non payers instead I only do buy it now listings requiring immediate payment.
Sold probably more than 20k worth of electronics on eBay without any issues.

Man of Honour
No I wouldn’t want take the risk id rather take a bit less and sell it on here.
The thing is when you say 'a bit less' from what I've seen it can be quite a markup, running into three figures even after fees. The risk of scamming is still off-putting but in some cases a card might sell for half on OCUK what it does on ebay.

G J

G J

Associate
I get why people sell on the bay dispite the risks as if youre lucky enough to get a new card for a ok price selling a second hand card for the maxium one can get takes a lot of the upgrade cost out of the picture but its kinda feeding the whole ecosystem of pricing atm.

But hey if people are willing to massively over pay for something like they do on ebay esp with computer hardware then people are going to sell on there.

Associate
Few years back i bought a 980ti strix from amazon new and inside the box was an old gtx 580, knew something was off right away as the box felt far too light for the size of the card. Just shows they do sell some returns as new.

I've taken recently to making 'unboxing' videos for high value stuff (last one being my monitor). I don't know if it will really help my case if a wrong or broken item ever arrives, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Soldato
I get why people sell on the bay dispite the risks as if youre lucky enough to get a new card for a ok price selling a second hand card for the maxium one can get takes a lot of the upgrade cost out of the picture but its kinda feeding the whole ecosystem of pricing atm.

But hey if people are willing to massively over pay for something like they do on ebay esp with computer hardware then people are going to sell on there.

I sold my 5700XT for £540 2 months ago and managed to get a 3080FE for £660 in the recent drop. Cheapest upgrade I ever achieved. When I look now the 5700XT's are going for £700:confused:.

Associate
i have noiticed amd cards with 8gb memory realy atractive to miners even more so than nvidia. something to do with mining.

but but not all cards going for silly money, i have two 270 2 gb and no interest whatsoever, but my 7950 3 gb is about to go for 99£ while benchmarking 270 was same asa 7950. so no idea what going on here.

Back
Top Bottom