• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900 Thread - no nonsense

Caporegime
thx. guru3d seems ok.
lol at driverheaven....

ATIHeaven bencharks have me in stitches again, how can they consistently churn out such pap :p

They must work to some forumla, like ATIscore=ATIscore*1.5, NVScore= NVscore/2.

Soldato
Wow it has been released with plenty of stock, very surprised lol!

Anyways guys, if you dont have a monitor capable of over 1280x1024 really whats the point? I mean the difference wiont be noticeable at that resolution!

Im more than happy with my x1800xt and also you can get the card at £299 which is a great price if you ask me! Take the difference of £169 and is it worth it? I dont know, it definately wont be yet.

Looks like a very good card but the G71 will probably be better still.

Soldato
LabR@t said:
will the x1800XT i just ordered by cpu limited by a 3200 @ 2.4ghz [winnie]

I would say yes dependant on resolutions mate but it will perform extremely well so dont worry about that! I take it you took up the great offer then?

You will be very happy with the card ;)

Soldato
1680x1050 yer it will be better than 6800gt which started to keep up at that rez. off to work now till 6am cant wait till morning and format system for new motherboard+ card :D

OcUK Staff
Rex-Kramer said:
Just done a quick 3d mark 05, got 8500 points thats with fx 57 and x1900 at stock.

Lots to gain i reckon

Definetely you should be scoring 10k+ and more like 11k-12k, maybe you need to do a fresh install.....

dis

dis

Associate
jrodga2k5 said:
Anyways guys, if you dont have a monitor capable of over 1280x1024 really whats the point? I mean the difference wiont be noticeable at that resolution!

Future proofing, plus i like high frames when i'm playing COD2 etc online

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
Definetely you should be scoring 10k+ and more like 11k-12k, maybe you need to do a fresh install.....

Agreed, stock 3500+, and stock x1800 XT here gets about 8.3k in 05, you also made sure AA/AF is off, and its all sliders to the left for performance, and V-Sync is off.

Soldato
jrodga2k5 said:
AA?
AF?
HDR?
There isnt a card out that can do 8xAA, 16xAF & HDR at the same time with good frame rates.
Regardless of resolution, people at 1280x1024 could still benefit from the new cards.

Associate
jrodga2k5 said:
Wow it has been released with plenty of stock, very surprised lol!

..which reminds me this Internet thingie is very nice. I can actually order and get one of these just released cards. I bet the local (finnish) shops have these cards maybe in february, or march, and even then only few cards here and there :)

Associate
sumang007 said:
Just read the TR review... sorry but I'm not impresed at all. G71 is gonna slam into X1900 at 700MHz and annihilate it. And no, I'm not an nV fanboi, check the sig :p

Suman

The amount i'm impressed with the x1900xtx is a function of what review i read. No, seriously. If you look at, say anandtech and driverheaven and compare it to Tech Report and Guru3D, you'll get my drift ;)

Soldato
Nixeh said:
I think above £500 for a gfx card is a totall stupendous price
I think above £300 for a gfx card is a totall stupendous price, actually anything over £200 really. .

dis said:
Future proofing, plus i like high frames when i'm playing COD2 etc online
The term *Future-Proofing* cannot be appled to graphics cards lol, actually I think the term in general is misleading. .

LoadsaMoney said:
Agreed, stock 3500+, and stock x1800 XT here gets about 8.3k in 05, you also made sure AA/AF is off, and its all sliders to the left for performance, and V-Sync is off.
Didn't you forget to switch down to 640x480 and change to 16-bit color :) Cmon if your gonna do the bench mark, then whack up the AA/AF and as much eye candy as possible. Even better just forget the benchmark and load up your fave current game. If you have played a certain game for a while you become quite tuned to how your graphics perform, then when/if you get a new VGA card you should be able to tell the difference just by the feel. .

Back
Top Bottom