• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x2 3800 Owners - OC's

Hi all,

just recently changed my mobo from the asus a8n-e ultra to an asus a8n-sli prem and all my stability problems seem to have gone (fingers crossed), this board seems much better no bsods so far or freezes :)

was just wondering wether this chip is better to buy than an opty 165 up? :confused: i am yet to decide on which chip... this is better for my budget and i could overclock with water cooling and get an X1900XT if i went for this chip so choice is :

X2 3800+ and X1900XT + better ram(G.skill 2gb ZX)
OR
Opty 165 and X1800XT + (Corsair Xms 3200)

The opty will overclock futher (probably) but will net you say a 5% gain maximum (2.8ghz comapred to 2.6ghz) whereas going with the X2 and the rest of that build will be quite an inprovement.

Thanks to:

4Qman
Tim
iklebrit
kingnothing
David230

For making a little effort to provide screenshots of their overlcocks :)
Not quite what a poweruser would call stable but certainly 100 times better than a suicide screenie or nothing at all.

Everyone else poor show :( , and that means all the people who had their names listed below

x2.jpg

If it wasn't for the five names mentioned above this thread would be nothing more than a meaningless ego trip.

If you want some place to post your suidide shots and get a nice ego massage then try here

It's my hope that overclockers.co.uk forums will one day be the best place in the world for *meaningful* results and until I draw my last breath I will keep cracking skulls ;)

I've played around a bit more with mine

Now im upto 2.4ghz with less than 1.4V on stock cooler

seems stable enough at everything i;ve used it for

running 240X10 with ram at 200mhz 2-3-2-5 1T OCZ 2gb platinum

Awesome power that needs to be used to be believed. very impressed

sid

w00t suicide shot fever!!!

Still testing for stabilty (im on phase if you hadnt guessed :p) 3ghz is stable on 1.46v!! 3.2 is looking pretty stable maybe 3.3 w00t.

Mr Mister said:
w00t suicide shot fever!!!
Haha nice one! :)

Booner! said:
nice overclock! im now changing my mind and might get a 3800+ instead of the opty 165 up , save a few quid! :rolleyes:
Well if got suitable cooling (Phase?) and fancy getting your name in the benchmark hall of fame worldwide could be an option? If however you wanna lock down for some serious gaming sessions or do some *proper* work ;) and don't own a phase wait for some kind peeps to post some nice stable overclocks before rushing to spend your mulla. . .

Back
Top Bottom