X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Soldato
Sitting back with a Stella while cruising through a system then BEEEEP!! oh my that made me jump. I had forgot what it's like to bump into the enemy :)

Soldato
So angry with myself ! :mad:

Spent a long time today building up my funds to start the process of building a complex with 3-4 1MJ shield factories in Argon Prime. I managed to get 4 universe traders up and running which got me to about 7 million credits. Spent most of it on 4 shield factories and a complex.

I got it all connected and set 3 of my uni traders to fill up the primary resources then zoomed off into the black exploring again.

Just got back after an hour of messing about and everything has GONE! well that's strictly not true, it's there but it has turned into debris :mad::mad:

Looking at the rubble I can see where I went wrong. In my haste/greed I simply made the mistake of putting the stations far too close to each other as they look to have been touching.

Several lessons have been learned tonight:

1. Make a save point BEFORE spending my millions
2. Slow the **** down when building
3. Don't blow all my money in one go
4. Check the resources screen to make sure you still have your stuff !
5. Space out the stations a bit

Gutted ! :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Got back in to this lately, though was mortified when I realised I deleted my year old saves (again) :(. It's always at the same point too, several stations and an M7 frigate.

So I bought AP and started from scratch. Of course things are a tad more difficult when you start as a Terran and have to spend your time on the run from the Argons. I was also slightly miffed to see that the 'free' ships are now randomized through out the universe, which is a shame as I always liked that Skate Prototype.

Anyway, I'm back to starting up my first UT, or at least I will when I can get my rep high enough with the Paranid to finally buy a docking computer.

Associate
Oh dear, been there before :S

Everytime I build a station I check it before continuing.

Against my better judgement I fired up TC again. Went to add a bit more fire more in the missiles department and added a Hammer heavy torpedo factory along with a ore mine, cahoona bakery and cattle farm to help things ticking over.

Little did I know there must be some sort of limit to how many station you can link together as my game kept crashing to the main menu every time I tried to join them.

This meant creating a new trading loop to keep my complex self sufficient. This included me 'daisy chaining' a silicon mine from one side of a sector to the other :/

Black hole sun is now a mess lol, so laggy. There must be 60 of my own stations in there :s

Soldato
Is there anything you can buy (ship upgrades etc) that can show you every station in the system without having to fly to each corner?

I have barely played the game, but I believe a lot of people pickup a small fast ship with a duplex or triplex scanner and automate it to survey each sector, after which if you want real time data in a system you can go down the satellite route to allow you to see real time pricing/stock etc.

Like I say, bit of a noob to the game so my info may be horrifically out of date

Soldato
I've been a busy boy this week on X3 (between work and sleep of course) and managed to get a a nice little 1MJ shield complex up and running with 10+ stations on it :) I'm quite happy with it. I found a great video on how to use an advanced sat to help you place the stations which I'll post up when i get home for anyone interested.

Also started to change over my uni trader from Mercury ships to the Dolphin which can hold up to 14000 cargo (i think) however they are a little slower than the Mercury.

Soldato
OP
I've been a busy boy this week on X3 (between work and sleep of course) and managed to get a a nice little 1MJ shield complex up and running with 10+ stations on it :) I'm quite happy with it. I found a great video on how to use an advanced sat to help you place the stations which I'll post up when i get home for anyone interested.

Also started to change over my uni trader from Mercury ships to the Dolphin which can hold up to 14000 cargo (i think) however they are a little slower than the Mercury.

Have a look at the Minstral super Freighter its almost twice as fast as a dolphin and can carry even more.

The standard mistral is also very good can carry 4000 units at a speed of 130.

Soldato
This is the complex building tutorial I was on about. I think it explains how to do it quite well for someone like me who just stumbles along in the game.

Soldato
Black hole sun is now a mess lol, so laggy. There must be 60 of my own stations in there :s

That's what put me off this game, I would have loved to have spent hours and hours building up a mini empire and getting that stratifying feeling of being able to purchase an M7 or M2 on the back of a lot of graft and guile. But the game engine is from ancient times when CPU's only have one physical core and as a result the game gets badly CPU bottlenecked mid game even if you have it overclocked. Saying that I haven't tried it on my 3570k @ 4.7Ghz so I should be able develop my complexes further.

It's been a while since I last played this game but the biggest issue I had was if you wanted to setup a closed loop there was only ever a few systems where you could do it because of where the asteroids where. I guess I could have got a cargo shuttle to ferry the goods back and forth but defeats the purpose of having a closed loop with all the fancy pipe work which connects the fabs.

Associate

My favourite UT ship is the Caiman Hauler - 7000 cargo and 99m/s speed. Buy it at Patriarchs Collusion and send to Queens Harbour for jumpdrive/triplex before jumping it to Home of Light for the rest of the good kit. :)

Associate
Really ? I'll have to find them now. Cheers Shadez.

Yeah all my UTs are the minstel super freighter.
Legends home, load it up with a jumpdrive(which is in the same sector), put 1000 or so energy cells in it. jump to ptni hq equipment dock for trader mk3 + other upgrades. if you get the "L" ships it will cost you about 5m to fully load this out but you'll earn that back quick enough

That's what put me off this game, I would have loved to have spent hours and hours building up a mini empire and getting that stratifying feeling of being able to purchase an M7 or M2 on the back of a lot of graft and guile. But the game engine is from ancient times when CPU's only have one physical core and as a result the game gets badly CPU bottlenecked mid game even if you have it overclocked. Saying that I haven't tried it on my 3570k @ 4.7Ghz so I should be able develop my complexes further.

It's been a while since I last played this game but the biggest issue I had was if you wanted to setup a closed loop there was only ever a few systems where you could do it because of where the asteroids where. I guess I could have got a cargo shuttle to ferry the goods back and forth but defeats the purpose of having a closed loop with all the fancy pipe work which connects the fabs.

There are a few sectors where you can do a self sufficient loop but as soon as you expand just a little you fast run out of silicon and ore supplies. As I've said in my other posts my main hq is in black hole sun. I started with a SPP loop and was supplying the cahoona factories and my TS's selling EC's for best price. This is ok but limits how much money you can make. When I started building to equip my capital ships/fighters things got a lot more complex. There are 9 asteroids in BHS and I'm mining all of them, This is why its a mess in there.

My space weed/fuel and microchip complexes are a lot neater and make a lot of money.

Great find on that video SPARC!

I'll get round to posting some screenies soon

Soldato
Why does my network deployer stop when it runs out of satellites ? I thought it was supposed to buy more or have I missed something here ?

Oh X3 head scratching weekends are fun :)

Soldato
One of the favorite tricks was using an M4 or M3, space fuel, a police licence and a fright scanner.

Build a Space Fuel fab and get it producing but don't open it up for trading let supplies build up and keep a freighter docked there for the time being once it's up and running and hop into your M3/M4 and equip it with a freight scanner and police licence.

Now once your space fuel fab has a lot stock hold just outside your fab in your fighter and open the fab up for trade and point keep an eye out for the types of ships that are coming to your fab. Hopefully you will get a freighter captain dock who will buy up all your supplies, once he leaves scan his ship and radio him to drop all of his/hers illegal wares. If your ratting is high enough they might do it without a fight but more then likely this will be early game so they will require some encouragement. A few missiles latter and they will drop their cargo and turn green at this point order your docked freighter to pick up the space fuel and dump back at the space fuel fab for resale and repeat.

This is a great way of earning money and so long as your space fuel fab isn't within scanning range of a patrol ship you won't risk inuring the wrath of the local authorities. I think this will also allow you to increase your rep with neutral governments even though what your trading is illegal but don't hold me to that.

Back
Top Bottom