X4 Foundations

Soldato
I have re-started at my save prior to entering public beta now SV is running. Lost a few weeks game time but the universe seems a lot more settled in doing so; notably where the layered sequential beta updates seemed to have caused a number of irregularities and imbalances.

Had a play last night and will pickup again this evening.

I have built up a considerable multi billion credit empire since playing; so may try a new start for fun but don't intend to start over.

£12.50 ish for SV feels like great value to me though.

Soldato
I have re-started at my save prior to entering public beta now SV is running. Lost a few weeks game time but the universe seems a lot more settled in doing so; notably where the layered sequential beta updates seemed to have caused a number of irregularities and imbalances.

Had a play last night and will pickup again this evening.

I have built up a considerable multi billion credit empire since playing; so may try a new start for fun but don't intend to start over.

£12.50 ish for SV feels like great value to me though.

Try the Split starts. They are challenging and the ships are amazing.

Man of Honour
When said that the map would be almost doubled according to Egosoft developer interview in German, many attacked me that was wrong translation :p

It's pretty close.

I've searched every new sector but am yet to come across the 'Duke's Buccaneers'. Not sure how to find them?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I picked up the collectors edition of this game yesterday morning and I've put about 9 or so hours in so far. I did play the original to X games, I don't think I tried 3. I've also put many hours into Elite Dangerous.

I gotta admit though, I'm a bit lost/overwhelmed maybe. I'm bought a couple of news ships, I got my military license for Argon, so I have a heavy fighter. I've run a few missions, I have just short of 2 million credits.

Where to from here?

I don't really fancy trading, I get the principal, buy cheap one location, sell for a profit at another, doesn't really don't for me.

Mining? If you can do that could give that a go.

Mainly after blowing stuff up though, how do I do this without just shooting random people and probably ruining my save through bad standing?

Also is it just me or are some of the missions still really buggy? I heard about the bugs after release, but I thought after what, year and a half it would be a bit better.

I dunno about this game, I have mixed feelings at the moment but I'm hoping it's just because I haven't really figured it all out.

Any other general pointers?

Soldato
Here's a few things / ideas to try

Build some Auto Traders, Auto Miners, Explorer there are some Abandoned powerful ships. Player HQ Mission, Align and fight factions. Basically build an empire and then capture & hold sectors. Fleets ...

Man of Honour
@BUDFORCE

It depends where you want to go?

I started trading in illegal wares, starting up my own illegal factories.

I've claimed my own sectors, set up hidden HQs in distant corners.

I went into arms manufacture, then ship manufacture.

I setup some auto miners, starting with Nvidium.

I've setup a fleet of universal traders.

I've gone to war with the Xenon, blown up many of their stations.

I've setup an arms embargo on the Teladi when they were growing too big.

I've done a few missions, but not many.

What bugs are you referring to? I've not come across many for a while.

Soldato
A few other early game things are Crystal mining, finding a warzone and collecting drops, fighting small ships in zones with a grey border (not marked by any faction or one you dont care about like the Scale Pact maybe?) and making them bail, then claiming and selling the ships, piracy (though this will have rep effect ofc). You can mine yourself if you want too, but most I think will buy and set up autominers

Soldato
Hi guys,

I picked up the collectors edition of this game yesterday morning and I've put about 9 or so hours in so far. I did play the original to X games, I don't think I tried 3. I've also put many hours into Elite Dangerous.

I gotta admit though, I'm a bit lost/overwhelmed maybe. I'm bought a couple of news ships, I got my military license for Argon, so I have a heavy fighter. I've run a few missions, I have just short of 2 million credits.

Where to from here?

I don't really fancy trading, I get the principal, buy cheap one location, sell for a profit at another, doesn't really don't for me.

Mining? If you can do that could give that a go.

Mainly after blowing stuff up though, how do I do this without just shooting random people and probably ruining my save through bad standing?

Also is it just me or are some of the missions still really buggy? I heard about the bugs after release, but I thought after what, year and a half it would be a bit better.

I dunno about this game, I have mixed feelings at the moment but I'm hoping it's just because I haven't really figured it all out.

Any other general pointers?

One thing. Why you do not set NPCs to do the trading and mining for you? :p
You do not have to do it yourself.

Hell you do not have even to fly your own ship. Just tell the pilot where to go and will do so.

What you want to do in general in this game is up to you. You can build stations, you can form your own empire and claim space. You can assist on the factional wars or wipe out Xenon.

I am surprised that in just 9 hours you have nothing to do, while some of us have clocked over 1000 and have so many things to do still :p

Soldato
Has anyone thought that the FRF campaign is miles easier than the ZYA and can be completed within the first 30 minutes? :p

The ZYA needs at least 80 hours to be prepared to complete it.
Assuming starting playing with the new Split campaign and not some already created game. :p

Soldato
OK so I bought and setup my first auto miner, I bought an argon Drill in argon prime, set the thing to auto mine, its only been about 20 minutes no income yet, ill give it time but hopefully it'll do its thing.

I was reading a bit on it, and apparently it helps it to have sattlelites placed around. Whats the deal here, do I need to place sattlelites everywhere (eg every station in every system) or just the main stations in each system? It would seem a lot of time and money to go round getting sattlelite cover on every station/factory in every system!

Soldato
OP
I dont think i ever used a sat for mining. I may have bought some during the buy and setup of the miner tho and let them use em if they want on their ship but i dont remember if i did or not. Just set and forget tho i personally followed it the first few times just to make sure its doing its job and not on the whisky watching spaceball on their monitors.

Remember tho that certain ships mine certain things so make sure its mining what it can carry as in liquids or ore etc. You want good thrusters for turning on a dime but i think travel drives might be best so they can be at their best speed during travel drive travelling to get the stuff sold and then back to the mine area quickly.

About sats, they might be useful to map out the red or other regions where mining takes place, just so its exposed to urself so u know where the boundries are for the region. Dont need to sat the whole sector i.e black parts of the map.

Soldato
ok thanks, I got scanned by the police in argon space who I am good standing with +15 - however I had illegal goods and just ran away, now thos epolice are red to me.

I didnt shoot at them just legged it, will they just forget after time, or can I pay a fine off somehwere or how does that work?

Man of Honour
I’m really enjoying my new Split start. It’s a bit of a headache at times with rival families chasing you off. Have setup 4 miners so far and one manual trader. It’s great that unlike at release, the auto miners/traders actually work now.

It’s definitely more difficult to start out than it used to be. Autotraders, nope and good luck training them up. Auto miners, just about viable, but start off limited to a single sector - fortunately I remember sectors that have both nvidium and stations that take it. Crystals - nope, I’ve found one so far. Missions, not worth it when you consider a haul of ore is worth the same as those that you get at a lower rep with a faction. Capturing ships, easy money, but not great for relations.

Soldato
ok thanks, I got scanned by the police in argon space who I am good standing with +15 - however I had illegal goods and just ran away, now thos epolice are red to me.

I didnt shoot at them just legged it, will they just forget after time, or can I pay a fine off somehwere or how does that work?

You need to know at least a station and a asteroid field. :)
Best place to put miners is Grand Exchange 1, for Silicon. The station is near the PHQ and the field nearby. You will make easily 2.4mil per hour there.
Then, assuming you have no issue with HOP, Lasting Vengeance & Cardinal's Regress. Plenty of stations buying Ore & Silicon there to keep making money to the end of the game. And no pirates or Xenon either on those stations.
Next one up is Hewa's Twin 1 for Nividium which you sell to the local TEL Trade station and also at Ianamus Zura TEL Trade Station. When you complete those 2 orders, then send your miner to the Grand Exchange III TEL trade station.

Back
Top Bottom