**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Advertising spiel is advertising spiel. They want the box online all the time, they didn't say anything about gaming online all the time, my console is online all the time as it is but the amount of time I spend online using a headset is a small fraction of that. Until final prices are announced (and I'm not talking RRP here) we don't know how much it will cost. We also don't know what kind of adapters will be available.

Also a lot of people on here seem to get third party headsets anyway! (Turtle Beach etc)

That's good for you but I'm talking about the millions and millions who game online. Yeah they want the box online and they also said how important something is for gaming and take it away for the next gen :confused:

Most people on here with third party headsets probs account for 0.01% of the people who hame online on there xbox :p

You could say the same about extra controllers for co-op. PS3 didn't come with a headset did it?

People will always be able to argue what they do and don't want included, because not everyone wants everything. Someone not interested in multiplayer will complain that they're paying for a headset, someone not interested in voice control and motion capture will be annoyed that they're paying for Kinect.

You can't please everyone.

Yes you can, just don't include anything other than a controller in the box with the console and lower the price of the console. That way if people want the additional peripherals, they can buy them, and are not penalised financially by being forced to pay for things that they don't want/need.

Yes you can, just don't include anything other than a controller in the box with the console and lower the price of the console. That way if people want the additional peripherals, they can buy them, and are not penalised financially by being forced to pay for things that they don't want/need.

...but people are complaining that something isn't included. So you clearly can't please everyone. That's a fact.

...but people are complaining that something isn't included. So you clearly can't please everyone. That's a fact.

Provided that the price is lower as a result, then people who complain about things not being included are idiots.

If it's the same price then who cares if they are in separate boxes. It gives you the freedom of choice to select a different brand controller/headset too. The bundled headset could be a piece of junk this time round.

Provided that the price is lower as a result, then people who complain about things not being included are idiots.

If it's the same price then who cares if they are in separate boxes. It gives you the freedom of choice to select a different brand controller/headset too. The bundled headset could be a piece of junk this time round.

Whether they're idiots or not (note I'm not saying that) they are still people, thus my original statement of you can't please everyone was 100% correct.

Whether they're idiots or not (note I'm not saying that) they are still people, thus my original statement of you can't please everyone was 100% correct.

The people who you claim won't be pleased by having to buy two separate items (albeit for the same price) are a very tiny minority though compared to those who genuinely won't pay the extra for something they don't need/want.

In one case MS will upset a few mentally challenged people but sales won't be affected and in the other case they'll actually lose a considerable amount of sales.

The people who you claim won't be pleased by having to buy two separate items (albeit for the same price) are a very tiny minority though compared to those who genuinely won't pay the extra for something they don't need/want.

In one case MS will upset a few mentally challenged people but sales won't be affected and in the other case they'll actually lose a considerable amount of sales.

Sorry what are we talking about now?

Was including blu ray in the PS3 a stupid move from Sony? The kinect had to be included or there was no point in doing it. 90% of Developers will not choose to develop a game for a small fraction of the market.

Which begs the question, why even bother with it at all? If you want gimmick games you can buy a wii pretty cheap these days?

Which begs the question, why even bother with it at all? If you want gimmick games you can buy a wii pretty cheap these days?

Are you saying Why don't MS just give Nintendo sales? Clearly they want to grab that market. They made a good start with the first Kinect and now they're going all out. The technology is quite different to what Nintendo are doing (and have done) They've provided the tools, it's up to developers to see if they can do anything interesting with it.

Was including blu ray in the PS3 a stupid move from Sony? The kinect had to be included or there was no point in doing it. 90% of Developers will not choose to develop a game for a small fraction of the market.

The answer to the blu ray question is probably that yes it was a mistake. It meant that their console was priced higher and therefore sales suffered compared to the Xbox. It is pretty well known that Sony lost money on the PS3 console itself because of how expensive each unit was to produce. Using the cell processor was probably a mistake as well, not because of how powerful it was, but because it made life difficult for developers, mainly in cross platform games.

Based on that logic then I think it is fair say that the same will be true of the Xbone and the forced inclusion of the kinect. It is a mistake by MS, it means that the console itself has a high price point, and therefore it will lose sales.

Having a blu ray drive is arguably more useful than a kinect also, because you could use it instead of a standalone blu ray player. The kinect doesn't really have any redeeming feature like that.

Back
Top Bottom