**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Are you saying Why don't MS just give Nintendo sales? Clearly they want to grab that market. They made a good start with the first Kinect and now they're going all out. The technology is quite different to what Nintendo are doing (and have done) They've provided the tools, it's up to developers to see if they can do anything interesting with it.

I disagree. I don't think many people consider (or will consider) the xbox in such a way. I think the reality is that most people consider the xbox and ps like-for-like. It's one, or the other, for most. And in this instance MS are outpricing themselves by making the kinect a mandatory bundle, therefore they are losing potential sales. Most people are going to look at the Xbox and think "well, it's pretty much identical to the PS4, so why pay more for it, when all I'm going to get is a HANDFUL of exclusives on either, and nothing more".

I'm not happy about the headset, I hate the old wired ones and want a wireless one as i dont want Xbox live chat in my living room for my family to hear.

It looks both nicer than the £5 specials they gave us free and obviously more expensive for something i only want till the wireless version is released.

I hope the prices some e-tailers have for theses add-ons are place holders 89.99 for a Play and charge and 89.99 for a headset. its like they are trying to put people off buying the xbox one.

Is there a list anywhere of what's actually going to be available at launch? I didn't realise that so many of the games announced seem to have a 'TBD 2014' launch according to the GAME site. I'm not buying it on launch if there's only a handful of games available.

I think from the e3 video and reading some things about the game it could end up getting me off call of duty :), i am sick of playing them but i need a new addictive game to take over

I'm hoping for the same. It looks like it good be a big game and with pvp it could be an ideal replacement. It's still early in development and the in game trailer blew me away. Could be an amazing co op/pvp game.

I'm sure someone has already brought this up, the only game shown at E3 that I thought 'oh man... I want that' was KI, but I'm not sure why on earth they made it pay per character. It's a pants idea.

I'm a fighting game freak, who does buy all the revamp versions of all the series that I like and will buy the odd new IP if it looks/reviewed good. The idea would be awesome if it was an old game re-skinned, so people who played the game before knows what characters they like and pay for those.

With it being a new engine and new game, how on earth do we know who we like without paying with them for first? It's not like there's arcades to play in anymore, it's unlikely that the shops will have all the characters and allow you try out and learn how that character works. A character might look awesome on paper or when you fight against them but be a turd to play with. So what happens when I pop round my mates house to play KI, would I be allowed to sign in to use my characters at the same time as he is sign in so he can use his, or will we have to drag our own xbone and tv around to play it on different consoles and accounts?!

Image there's a few of us, getting ready for a night out and we are wanting a few games of KI along with beers, it's going to be havoc, paying for characters that already been paid for on another account. And what normally happens is that certain characters veto or stopped getting used as a person is just too good with them, so we have to pay for more characters.

I'm not sure if they (m$) really thought this would save the gamer money or they will know it will make more money in the long run. But it looks like there be no KI for me, a lot of complete character packs purchased and lots of Jago experts at EVO 2014. It's a flawed idea, just make me pay £50 pounds for the whole game with it also purchasable on disc and I be more than happy.. Surely I'm there target market when it comes to this game?

Have none of you ever used a Kinect on the 360?

When you set it up, it tests your speakers so it can cancel the noise from your speakers when using it.

I'm hoping they do another turnaround but this time on the insistence on it requiring a kinect. I just don't have anywhere to put the damn thing. Tv is wall hung and I have low wooden cabinet that has all my tech inside. The last thing I want is damn awful box sat on top of it with wires hanging out the back. Yes I'm a fussy bugger with how things look but I can't be alone.

With regards to Kinect being used for chatting to people - this is something I've seen somewhere else: What if somebody in a lobby yells "Xbox off!" and your Kinect picks that up? :eek:

Not only can it tell where the voice came from but from who and which way their head was turned. It'll only follow the commands of the active player if their head is facing forward.

Back
Top Bottom