**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Can anyone remember if there was a price drop shortly after the 360 was released? I've never pre-ordered a console, but i'm tempted to pre-order the One (but not if it's likely to drop shortly after release!)

I'm guessing it won't..... but still!

The more I think about what the Xbox One offers the more I get excited about it. I can't help but feel MS are actually building a console/entertainment system for the future, whereas Sony are just building a better PlayStation 3/Xbox 360.

I'm much happier now they have made some u-turns. Kinect doesn't interest me at all, but it might my Mrs and son. I always have 2 or 3 consoles though. One for my games room, one for the downstairs tv and one for work.

Buying a kinect 3 times for something I'm only not interested in is a bit of a pain. I really don't see the issue with a kinect free bundle.

The power difference bothers me too, I'm going to wait a while to see the difference in games and if the Xbox is holding back PS4 games on multiplat games. Of course then this forum will say graphics don't matter but the much larger xbox fan base on here the last gen were only to happy to point and laugh comparisons in multiplat games this time around :D

The only game I wanted a Xbox for Gears has now been destroyed in the last month listening to the hardcore of their forum so a switch wouldn't bother me as much. Yet familiarity keeps swaying me towards the xbox. :D

First 6 months will swing it for me. I can wait that far easily.

That would be my guess as well, unless MS decide to take the hit now to make the price more comparable to the PS4 price.

I'm going for before easter, once the figures are done when stock is readily available for both. Plus traditionally after christmas people have less cash to spend on a £439 console and that's a big present for the kid/s.

£39.01p will drop off that atleast very fast to make it £399.99.

I'm going for before easter, once the figures are done when stock is readily available for both. Plus traditionally after christmas people have less cash to spend on a £439 console and that's a big present for the kid/s.

£39.01p will drop off that atleast very fast to make it £399.99.

I think if they could drop £50 off the price (unlikely I know) then MS could have a real chance of levelling the playing field. Most people are baulking at paying an extra £80 for Kinect, but I think they wouldn't be so bothered by an extra £30, just to see if it can fulfill it's potential. I think it boils down to how much of a loss would MS make on each console if it did drop the price that much.

You remove the bulk of the additional cost you are still up against it though with a weaker console (spec wise) of course the general public would probably not even know.

The problem is though most gamers would have made their choice and they will stick with it.

The more I think about what the Xbox One offers the more I get excited about it. I can't help but feel MS are actually building a console/entertainment system for the future, whereas Sony are just building a better PlayStation 3/Xbox 360.

I honestly don't believe it will make much am of a difference this gen. The gimmick of it will wear off quickly and I'm sure most people will just leave there sky box or whatever plugged in the the tv as normal.

Of course then this forum will say graphics don't matter but the much larger xbox fan base on here the last gen were only to happy to point and laugh comparisons in multiplat games this time around :D
Spot on there sadly, it's a reflection on both sides that we buy into all the console war BS at the end of the day it does nothing but cheapen our hobby, the games are the art form (IMO they are Art) not the consoles that we play them on.
sod it though PS4 FTW:P

I think if they could drop £50 off the price (unlikely I know) then MS could have a real chance of levelling the playing field. Most people are baulking at paying an extra £80 for Kinect, but I think they wouldn't be so bothered by an extra £30, just to see if it can fulfill it's potential. I think it boils down to how much of a loss would MS make on each console if it did drop the price that much.

I agree, £50 less and it would have been a no brainer for me just about. I'd have just stayed with what I knew and was comfortable with. The price difference makes it more tempting to try something new..

An MS/Epic exec said a few weeks ago that they are giving Gears a break now. It's the only Xbox exclusive i'm interested in as well.

Ah really, I missed that. Tbh the shambles it's become now they let the Epic forum hardcore have their way I'm no longer that bothered. Then they wonder why the game is dead online with lobbies filling up with bots.

I honestly don't believe it will make much am of a difference this gen. The gimmick of it will wear off quickly and I'm sure most people will just leave there sky box or whatever plugged in the the tv as normal.

TBH I see ZERO benefit to having an external TV box plugged into the Xbox One. The Xbox One won't magically start to use it. TV delievery aint going to change very much in the next 7 years. I deffo dont need an extra box to have streaming apps on. My smart TV already does that.

I just want a box that plays games, thats all im missing.

I think the majority of gamers for Xbox and PS are not interested in standing in their living room flapping their arms and legs around.!

You're still thinking current gen. Open your mind to what else you can do with a motion controller apart from flap about

Think about racing games where you could turn your head around in a cockpit view just by turning your head for example.

There's so much more potential to motion control that we haven't explored yet

Seriously? Using M&KB makes you so much more accurate as it is easier to do minute movements and you can movie it as slow or fast as you like. Ask anybody who has gamed on both and they'll tell you using a M&KB is so much better on FPS games.

Easier doesn't make it better, just quicker. There are fps I prefer to play with a m&k and fps that I prefer to play with a pad - the former being anything that's fast paced and twitchy (usually multiplayer) and the latter being anything that wants to give you a measured feeling of actually taking aim and firing a gun.

You're still thinking current gen. Open your mind to what else you can do with a motion controller apart from flap about

Think about racing games where you could turn your head around in a cockpit view just by turning your head for example.

There's so much more potential to motion control that we haven't explored yet
Didnt one of the Forza already use Kinect head tracking? How well did that work? Wonder if you can change how sensitive Kinect is to how much head turn you need...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom