**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

So I have an interesting thing.

Cancelled my Tesco Direct order for my Xbone preorder a few weeks ago, only to get an email today saying its been dispatched.

I got my refund through, and no money has left my account, so I wonder if I'll get it?

If I do get it, what would you guys do?

People people. The Xbox One can output surround sound from the optical port. It just won't do it for US Cable boxes being sent through the HDMI input at launch. You have nothing to worry about unless you were plugging in your Sky box.

That is how I am hoping it is going to work.

I am just hoping the reviewer with his peculiar setup has screwed things up, and if you have a standard setup with nothing connected but an Optical out cable you will get 7.1/5.1 just as you should.

Cancelled my Tesco Direct order for my Xbone preorder a few weeks ago, only to get an email today saying its been dispatched.

I got my refund through, and no money has left my account, so I wonder if I'll get it?

Refuse the delivery.

Am I correct in thinking if you have a 'smart' tv and don't use an external box (sky/virgin) you're SOL for the overlay features?

Damnit my games from the MS company store will not be delivered until next week.

Thankfully I'll have Fifa to play over the weekend!

*sigh of relief* thank you.

Fingers crossed.

And then there is this from the Eurogamer Hardware test:

Similar to PS4, the Xbox One also outputs to both HDMI audio and Toslink SPDIF simultaneously - with stereo, 5.1 LPCM, 7.1 LPCM and DTS supported on the former and stereo LPCM and DTS selectable for the latter. These are good, useful options providing the best possible formats for both audio outputs.

Last edited:
Just been into town and paid up for my Game preorder. Will either go at midnight and collect or Friday morning. Price will the bundle ended up near as damnit identical to the Shopto one, have bought the Day One versions of Ryse, DR3, Gold Membership and the Steelbox of Froza 5, second controller with play and charge and a seperate play and charge..

Pretty strange for it to do DTS via toslink but not Dolby, more common the other way round. Almost certainly a licensing issue which might be resolved in the near future, alternatively they could add LMPCM support easily.

They did the same thing for me with a Hoover. After a week I received a very formal letter asking for payment or the item to be returned.

When I called them they offered me a %20 discount to keep the item.

To be honest I would just refuse the delivery if you do not want it and save any hassles.

Back
Top Bottom