**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

oh well at least my mate didnt lie about the 9/10 on his employers site. Just shows you they knew it was a 9 2 days ago lol why hold the review til now. plus eurogamer always trying to be trendy by giving a 7 when everyone else went 8.0-9.2

its called an embargo - it happens with everything.
and eurogamer are far from trendy, they clearly just arent that swept up in launch hype.

They gave clear reasons as to the score: weird handling, lack of content, too much grind, and microtransactions from the off.

A new lick of paint , does not make a great game.
But hey lets trust IGN and Polygon because they dont get swept up in hype or advertising at all!!! :o

Heh, that sounds pretty close to online racing to me! :D

I mean eurogamer aren't particularly fussy normally so I'll have to give this game a good seeing to on Friday and work out how I feel about it. Polygon gave nice scores to the ps4 anda bit nicer to forza 5 as did ign and also places like machinima whom i do not believe to be 'out there' with review scores. Forza is sitting on a nice metascore from 12 reviews so far so we shall see. Could rain, night, suzuka, nurburgring all be free in 3 months perhaps? Then it would have had some 10s from 2-3 places and 9s elsewhere.

if driveclub ends up looking like that recent video I'll be getting a ps4 around then though :)

Funny that out of all the One reviews I've seen the Kinect voice feature worked 98% of the time, but with the IGN review it doesn't work as well.

Can't make my mind up if it's just IGNorant or actually an issue..

Funny that out of all the One reviews I've seen the Kinect voice feature worked 98% of the time, but with the IGN review it doesn't work as well.

Can't make my mind up if it's just IGNorant or actually an issue..

I watched one of the IGN videos and the times it didn't work he was speaking quite quickly. The moment he slowed down and left a brief pause between "Xbox" and the rest of the command, it seemed to work fine. Maybe that's the simple solution, just talk a little bit slower.

I saw something about it the other day in an NBA 2k14 discussion that people got fouls called against them for swearing. Please tell me this doesn't happen in FIFA or Madden.

I watched one of the IGN videos and the times it didn't work he was speaking quite quickly. The moment he slowed down and left a brief pause between "Xbox" and the rest of the command, it seemed to work fine. Maybe that's the simple solution, just talk a little bit slower.

Agreed, I don't want to come across as a fanboy but it seemed he knew he was doing the same mistake but continued to do it to then slate it mid way through the video....interesting when he made the skype call the the other guy mentioned it was working fine...

http://anandtech.com/show/7528/the-x...dware-analysis

Performance

Typically AMD’s GPU targeting 1080p come with 32 ROPs, which is where the PS4 is, but the Xbox One ships with half that. The difference in raw shader performance (12 CUs vs 18 CUs) can definitely creep up in games that run more complex lighting routines and other long shader programs on each pixel, but all of the more recent reports of resolution differences between Xbox One and PS4 games at launch are likely the result of being ROP bound on the One.

Difference much bigger than I was expecting.

Think my eyes would start bleeding after a few hours on X1 on multiplats!

Last edited:
you got assetto corsa? if not download raceroom online for free on steam and let me know if thats the slidey you mean. If its like that I'll be ok cos I'm pro at those 2

Just had a quick play with the raceroom game and it's miles better than Forza. Tbh if you are used to this on a decent pc you might be a lottle dissapointed with Forza 5.

It's an interesting article Craterloads but there's nothing new in it really for those who already had open ears, I could see months ago that the GPU was/would be responsible for the disparity in performance but Microsoft appear to have done a good job of deflecting the blame onto 'unoptimised' ESRAM and kidding their customers that all will be hunky dory in a couple of years.

The ROPs (render outputs/raster operations pipes) are responsible for final pixel output, and at the resolutions these consoles are targeting having 16 ROPs definitely puts the Xbox One as the odd man out in comparison to PC GPUs. Typically AMD’s GPU targeting 1080p come with 32 ROPs, which is where the PS4 is, but the Xbox One ships with half that.

To me it doesn't matter. I pre-ordered the XB1 back in June and I'll be queuing up at midnight at my local Game store (first time I have ever done this) and then spending all weekend playing it.

I wont have a ps4 next to me to compare the finer details I may be missing. Instead I will sit and play all weekend and just be glad that I have a new Xbox to be playing what games I have ordered.

Ok so if say in a year or two the PS4 is significantly better than the XB1 (for what I want it for) I'll maybe trade in my Xbox for a PS4.

Until then, I cannot wait for this Friday to come.

Back
Top Bottom