Xbox One X

Caporegime
Put off by ads is a bit weird but each to their own. The dashboard is literally on screen for what, 10 seconds or less, whilst you find your game and boot it. From then on in, everything you really need to do is done on the mini-dash which overlays the game and there are no ads on that.

Associate
@ic1 I get where you are coming from. I thought the whole dash was built around customising the tiles and what gets pinned, with the idea that you would look at it for more than 10 seconds. Browse games, achievements etc. It sounds that what you're saying is that ads dont matter because you don't utilise the home screen... hmm yep each to there own on this one.

Caporegime
@ic1 I get where you are coming from. I thought the whole dash was built around customising the tiles and what gets pinned, with the idea that you would look at it for more than 10 seconds. Browse games, achievements etc. It sounds that what you're saying is that ads dont matter because you don't utilise the home screen... hmm yep each to there own on this one.

Ah, yes, sorry. I see where you're coming from. It's because I don't use any of the dash features like adding "media blocks" or looking at achievements and clubs and stuff. I literally boot and play.

Associate
They're a non issue, I didn't even realise there were ads there.
OK, so they are very minor? I dont know what to think now tbh. I tried finding some youtube vids, but it appears the dash has been redesigned multiple times. I just dont like the idea in principle. Mountain out of a mole hill? Possibly. But I've just done a google on the mixer ads and there are others who hate the ads too it would seem.

Caporegime
OK, so they are very minor? I dont know what to think now tbh. I tried finding some youtube vids, but it appears the dash has been redesigned multiple times. I just dont like the idea in principle. Mountain out of a mole hill? Possibly. But I've just done a google on the mixer ads and there are others who hate the ads too it would seem.

As I said I didn't even realise there were ads there, perhaps it's just how I use the console but I can honestly say i've never noticed any.

I don't use the tiles etc, so if the ads are there that'll be why i've never seen them. I tend to turn the console on, straight into the Xbox menu, into my apps and select a game, job done.

Caporegime
I've taken a pic of my basic dashboard. There's always one guaranteed ad in the bottom right corner but I guess I get an extra one telling me to buy Xbox Live gold and maybe a third one highlighting the spring sale.

0Jejlzg.jpg

Caporegime
Buy one online and see what you think, if you don't get on with it return it?

The X is a cracking piece of kit, I don't think you'd regret it based on the ads concern.

Alternatively nip into Game to see if they have any demo units in store.

Associate
Xbox One X really is a decent piece of kit, just a shame the exclusive games aren't really there, MS need to pull their fingers out this E3, if you own a half decent PC theres really no reason to own one it seems.

Backwards compatibility is nice and all, but i really didn't buy it to play 10 year old games in 4K.

Associate
if buy this console will i be able to just swap my external drive over from the xbox one, most of my games are installed on it or will i have to re format and re install everything ?

Associate
if buy this console will i be able to just swap my external drive over from the xbox one, most of my games are installed on it or will i have to re format and re install everything

No need to format, just plug the drive in and sign in with your profile during initial setup and all the games are ready to go :)

Soldato
Star Wars The Last Jedi on 4K Ultra HD disc is being a nightmare on my Xbox One X!

Keeps failing to read the disk, manage to get it working once.

The standard blue ray in the case works fine everytime.

Associate
Star Wars The Last Jedi on 4K Ultra HD disc is being a nightmare on my Xbox One X!

Keeps failing to read the disk, manage to get it working once.

The standard blue ray in the case works fine everytime.

I had the exact same problem, Took 10-12 attempts to get it to read.
Then it started skipping again in the middle of the film

Back
Top Bottom