Xbox One X

Caporegime
Best of luck mate. Are you building it yourself or buying off the peg? I find building my own gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :p

But I have been a happier gamer since moving to console - far fewer annoyances. I dont really miss my PC. Go figure!

Maybe it's a getting older thing? :)

I'm too old to want to faff about building my own - there's so many decisions to make and I couldn't even pick a case I liked! - so I just bought one pre-built. It was almost exactly the spec I was looking for and had £300 off so I just pounced on it. I've still got my PS4 for Sony exclusives but as there's no such thing as an Xbox exclusive anymore, it kind of swung it for me to get a PC where I've got a nice ready made library of about 300 games to start work on.

Associate
I don’t get that with mine. What TV do you have ? Any processing turned on ?

LG 65" C7 OLED in Game mode. It can run in other modes and enable tru motion. But its not perfect and induces higher input lag. FH3 was OKish, but swapping back to my PC in 60fps is so much smoother and motion image so much sharper because of the extra frames. In Far Cry 5 panning is again so much less smooth and crisp at 30fps. I'd struggle to get used to it I think. I could definitely get used to FH3 though. But do I want to.... I loved the console in almost all other ways.

Soldato
I'm too old to want to faff about building my own - there's so many decisions to make and I couldn't even pick a case I liked! - so I just bought one pre-built. It was almost exactly the spec I was looking for and had £300 off so I just pounced on it. I've still got my PS4 for Sony exclusives but as there's no such thing as an Xbox exclusive anymore, it kind of swung it for me to get a PC where I've got a nice ready made library of about 300 games to start work on.

Nice one. When do you get it? I still have my steam and origin library. Bought so many games in the sales over the years and most of them I have never installed. Not got 300 though :eek:

I have got probably 150 on my ps4 though.

Will you be playing on pad or mouse / kb?

I miss using mouse / kb to play FPS games. I'm just terrible on a pad. But I guess it's a challenge! :p

Associate
Got a One X coming on Monday.

What is the current situation with Blue Ray and 4k playback?

I've got a Sony Xbox 4k player but there's no point keeping it if the One X is as good.

Have they patched the original issues and how loud is the console during playback?

Cheers

Soldato
I got loads. Pretty much the whole 360 back catalogue and all the multiplats I didn't bother with on ps

I think that's the point though, I didn't buy the X to play old games. MS have no exclusive games for it and nothing coming out (I'll believe crackdown when I see it and fear that will be poor judging by the amount of delays). Sure there will be the obvious Forza Horizon for Christmas but that series is turning into a Fifa.

I'm playing God of War on the PS4 at the moment and wonder when MS will have anything to match it.. hopefully they have something lined up for E3 and not just using their deep pockets to buy time exclusive stuff.

Soldato
I think that's the point though, I didn't buy the X to play old games. MS have no exclusive games for it and nothing coming out (I'll believe crackdown when I see it and fear that will be poor judging by the amount of delays). Sure there will be the obvious Forza Horizon for Christmas but that series is turning into a Fifa.

I'm playing God of War on the PS4 at the moment and wonder when MS will have anything to match it.. hopefully they have something lined up for E3 and not just using their deep pockets to buy time exclusive stuff.

Ah well I did. So that would explain why I'm content. PS could have the best exclusives in the world but if I have to play them with my surround sound on max to drown out the crappy hardware then I'll pass. I'll always favour PS though, just grown up with it.

Soldato
I bet, but I'm not doing the whole back catalogue thing again, I'll just try play one at a time. 360 games dont count as haven't paid more than a fiver for one yet.

Back
Top Bottom