Xbox One X

Soldato
Panzer Dragoon Orta now BC :cool:

This week sees the arrival of some of the original Xbox's most beloved games. In addition to Bethesda's acclaimed RPG The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Xbox One owners can now play the Conker's Bad Fur Dayremake, Conker: Live & Reloaded; Sega's acclaimed rail shooter, Panzer Dragoon Orta; BioWare's martial arts RPG, Jade Empire; the snowboarding game SSX 3; the first-person action game Breakdown; the time-bending platformer Blinx: The Time Sweeper; and the hack-and-slash game Hunter: The Reckoning.

Soldato
Just finished it, episode 8 is very tricky with a brilliant boss level.
Looks and plays beautifully on the X :)
When you complete the game it unlocks the original Panzer Dragoon game from the pandoras box, unfortunately the original game hasn't aged very well
Recently grabbed this for my original xbox so will definitely try it on X soon

Associate
Finally decided to buy an Xbox One X after much debate. Love it in many ways and could conceptually totally get into just playing on one and abandoning the PC. However there is a but and unfortunately it feels like a show stopper for me. 30FPS. I thought I would get used to it but trying both AC Origins, FH3 and Far Cry 5, its so jarring having been used to 60FPS for so many years. Moving forward is fine, but any strafing/panning is totally immersion breaking. Its a shame because image quality wise @ 4k with HDR it surpasses the PC in some cases. If only it could kick out more frames.

Back to PC.

Caporegime
You would get used to it

I say that as both a PC gamer with a 100hz ultra wide monitor and somebody who uses an OLED for big screen 60fps PC gaming.

I've barely touched my PC since November.

Associate
You would get used to it

I say that as both a PC gamer with a 100hz ultra wide monitor and somebody who uses an OLED for big screen 60fps PC gaming.

I've barely touched my PC since November.

Yeah I loved the experience in many ways but found the fps drop to 30 jarring. More so than expected. I did start to thaw to FH3 at 30FPS though. So maybe you're right. The killer that made me return it was when panning in the early stages of Far Cry 5 on the first island and seeing trees almost look like a slide show as they panned past.

Caporegime
Well, after much (and I mean MUCH) deliberation, I'm going for a new gaming PC plugged into my TV instead of the Xbox One X. It'll be my first gaming PC in 15 years.

Due to lacklustre performance on the Xbone side, I've barely bought any games for that system in the 3 years I've had it, whereas I've been buying Humble Bundles and games in the Steam sale throughout the last 10 years in anticipation of this day. If I was to stick to the X1X then I'd have to spend hundreds of £££ rebuying all those games again.

EDIT: And it's done. Goodbye Xbox, you were brilliant in your 360 days. :p Maybe see you again in a few years for Xbox Two.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, after much (and I mean MUCH) deliberation, I'm going for a new gaming PC plugged into my TV instead of the Xbox One X. It'll be my first gaming PC in 15 years.

Due to lacklustre performance on the Xbone side, I've barely bought any games for that system in the 3 years I've had it, whereas I've been buying Humble Bundles and games in the Steam sale throughout the last 10 years in anticipation of this day. If I was to stick to the X1X then I'd have to spend hundreds of £££ rebuying all those games again.

EDIT: And it's done. Goodbye Xbox, you were brilliant in your 360 days. :p Maybe see you again in a few years for Xbox Two.

Best of luck mate. Are you building it yourself or buying off the peg? I find building my own gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :p

I have a gaming PC upstairs that has been pretty much untouched since I got a console a few years ago. I spent a lot of money building it - used it off and on for about a year then bought a console. Funny how life turns out for people. I was a high spec PC gamer for 20+ years and wouldn't touch consoles (they're for peasants! :p )

But I have been a happier gamer since moving to console - far fewer annoyances. I dont really miss my PC. Go figure!

Maybe it's a getting older thing? :)

Soldato
Yeah I loved the experience in many ways but found the fps drop to 30 jarring. More so than expected. I did start to thaw to FH3 at 30FPS though. So maybe you're right. The killer that made me return it was when panning in the early stages of Far Cry 5 on the first island and seeing trees almost look like a slide show as they panned past.

I don’t get that with mine. What TV do you have ? Any processing turned on ?

Back
Top Bottom