Xbox One X

Soldato
Since i got the pro i ditched pc gaming. Actuslly i hadn't gamed for a year or so anyway so the pro got me back into it. It's nice to not have to worry about frame rates or visual settings, just put the disc in and enjoy.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
How are guys going from PC to console going to cope with the loss of 60fps though? That's why I'm thinking of going the other way (console to PC).

Not really that fussed. I'm coming from a 144Hz monitor too. Played through Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 Pro and got used to 30fps within about 20 minutes, never bothered me after that. I was engrossed with the game, so fps become irrelevant to me.

I imagine it would be nicer at 60fps but the cost of decent PC components isn't justifiable for me. At the end of the day there's a line to be drawn on whether you can justify the extra outlay in cost for a PC that's capable of exceeding console settings. Multiple factors such as the pound falling off a cliff, higher costs in RAM/SSD and GPU are pushing that line further and further away.

As long as the FPS/frame times are consistent and not all over the shop then I get used to it pretty quickly. Personally I've found gaming on consoles much more enjoyable as you know the game will work straight away, you know the hardware will be compatible with it, there are very few settings you have the option of messing with too. It removes all the distractions of PC gaming, it's just a lot less fuss.

With PC gaming I was more concerned with whether a game would run, which settings I need to tweak to get it at a stable FPS, having fps monitors running to make sure things were ok. Making sure drivers were up to date and compatible with the game, all those distractions are gone, it's just, put disc in, install and play, no messing, no tweaking.

Associate
About a year and half ago I finally built my first gaming pc, spent months researching the build and I thoroughly enjoyed building it....then I hardly went on it (life got in the way) when I did it was just a blast on fifa or gta, even then I probably spent most of the time looking at the framerate or obsessing over temps lol I ended up spending more time fiddling with voltages or tweaking various settings which I enjoyed more than playing the games it was made for! I decided it was a waste of 2 grand so I sold my 980ti (managed to get £330 for it so I was well happy) just as the ps4 pro was released and put that towards it, I've kept the rest of my rig in case I get the bug again all I need is a gpu, but for now it's just sat there as a overspecced Web browser lol (its a shame I can't drop my pcie ssd in the xbox one x :rolleyes:)

Associate
I've always gravitated towards PC despite owning various consoles. My 3DS, PS4 and Switch were little more than glorified dust collectors until I sold them.
I have a decent rig, Oculus Rift, and a growing Steam library. I've probably spent thousands over the years on new builds, upgrades etc. I'm simply passionate about gaming and hardware!

With that said, the Xbox One X is very tempting! I've toyed with the idea of selling my PC and purchasing one, owing to financial constraints, but also because it's a nice turnkey solution. It supports a large library of games, including 360 titles, not to mention the possibility of original Xbox games. It's also a decent media player, and then you have the added bonus of building a physical game library!

I'm completely torn!

Last edited:
Soldato
About a year and half ago I finally built my first gaming pc, spent months researching the build and I thoroughly enjoyed building it....then I hardly went on it (life got in the way) when I did it was just a blast on fifa or gta, even then I probably spent most of the time looking at the framerate or obsessing over temps lol I ended up spending more time fiddling with voltages or tweaking various settings which I enjoyed more than playing the games it was made for! I decided it was a waste of 2 grand so I sold my 980ti (managed to get £330 for it so I was well happy) just as the ps4 pro was released and put that towards it, I've kept the rest of my rig in case I get the bug again all I need is a gpu, but for now it's just sat there as a overspecced Web browser lol (its a shame I can't drop my pcie ssd in the xbox one x :rolleyes:)

I cant see the logic in that at all? Instead of having an awesome gaming PC for 2k, you now have a web browser and a ps4 pro for just over 2k?

Soldato
I've always gravitated towards PC despite owning various consoles. My 3DS, PS4 and Switch were little more than glorified dust collectors until I sold them.
I have a decent rig, Oculus Rift, and a growing Steam library. I've probably spent thousands over the years on new builds, upgrades etc. I'm simply passionate about gaming and hardware!

With that said, the Xbox One X is very tempting! I've toyed with the idea of selling my PC and purchasing one, owing to financial constraints, but also because it's a nice turnkey solution. It supports a large library of games, including 360 titles, not to mention the possibility of original Xbox games. It's also a decent media player, and then you have the added bonus of building a physical game library!

I'm completely torn!

Yup I feel a bit torn as well but I think the PC is just a more flexible option. Like you I have a Rift and large Steam library

Associate
Cant argue with that lol.

Still, seams a shame to have a nice system only to neuter it by removing the GPU. I guess its up to you what you do with your stuff though.
I probably will get a gpu at some point, I just like getting new toys I suppose, last time it was ps4 pro this time it's xbox one x, next year I might get the itch to go back to pc again (until Sony announce ps5 :D)

Soldato
I'm really on the fence about this. I have the Scorpio pre ordered with Amazon but could easily cancel it. I want it but I don't have a 4k TV (I know that's not the only benefit) and £450 is a lot to spend when I can already play all the games as I have an Xbox One already. I feel like I'd be better off just getting a cheap PS4 with a load of games I can't play on Xbox, even though I'm not too sure what those games would be that I would be interested in.

Alternative is a Switch as I feel like that would give my wife and I much better games to play together.

Soldato
I too have this pre-ordered but now don't know why. Don't have a 4k TV yet though I will this time next year I suspect, but even then the PS4 Pro looks a better bet? MS have just fluffed it this generation big style, 1st party line up is pretty dire compared to Sony and the only 3rd party game I'm immediately interested in is Destiny 2 which Sony has some exclusivity on.

Gonna wait until the last minute ofcourse but it's probably gonna be a cancelled pre-order, will pick one up if/when Halo 6 appears.

Associate
I'm in the same boat, I have it on pre-order but I'm pretty happy with the PS4 Pro and I've got a top spec gaming PC if I want true 4k anyway. The upcoming 1st party line up for PS4 is way better than Xbox...

Soldato
I’ve too got it pre ordered and not sure why either as I’ve a PS4 pro with my big 4K tv and a switch. I use to be a Xbox user for years I moved to PS4 pro for 4K gaming.

Back
Top Bottom