Xbox One X

Are you all starting to get excited? 2 weeks to go!
Yep, never had og xbox one I went from xb360 to PS4, even though there's no must have exclusive games out atm it's the lure of a shiny new toy :D looking forward to xbox live again though I do think it's better than ps network

Can't wait, which is kinda silly as the 2 games I'm playing right now, Forza 7 and Shadow of War I am playing on my PC @ 4K already.

Gonna spend at least half a day re-cabling my office once its out already got my vlecro and cable ties ready, then ive got to move my Xbox one into the bedroom to use a streaming box, PLEX on Android TV is dreadful and slow, the new Xbox One app is so much better.

I can't believe I sold all my OG Xbox and even ditched a ton of games to make room in my gaming room for all the newer stuff last year.. mind you, I do think nostalgia is best left in the past! I'd like to maybe try Blinx again, but would much prefer a remake!

I do think that whilst it may be fun for 5 minutes and rarely used by most users, it's a nice feature to have in a sea of 'me too' consoles..

There is a new official PLEX app, called PLEX for Xbox ONE i think, uses a much nicer interface and seems to run a lot quicker. The old PLEX app was ok but hadn't been updated in ages, guess i know why now they were writing a new one.
It doesn't update if you have the old app on as its a completely new app so you have to search for it in the app store.

In all honestly I'm looking forward to COD and BF2.......but before I do anything, I need to find a 4k TV for the office (computer room). 32" Ideally, but there are NO decent 32" 4k available unless paying 1k (and even then, I'm not convinced it's any good).

Get a 40" Samsung or LG nanocell TV, supposed to have decent response times.

There is a new official PLEX app, called PLEX for Xbox ONE i think, uses a much nicer interface and seems to run a lot quicker. The old PLEX app was ok but hadn't been updated in ages, guess i know why now they were writing a new one.
It doesn't update if you have the old app on as its a completely new app so you have to search for it in the app store.

:confused: Mine updated on Monday.

I was after a 40" but ended up getting a 49" Sony, as always once you have it you get use to it and it doesnt even seem that big now after a couple of months.

Does put a lot of heat out though, don't think i will ever be turning the heating on in my office again, Water cooled overclocked PC, NAS, XBox and a 40" monitor and a 50" TV it gets toasty in the summer.

I got a great deal on Amazon for a nice HiSense 49" 4K TV..will the XBOX ONE X really make that big a difference at 4K?

Im Still pi**ed that they dropped direct connectivity support for the Kinect (use Skype on it a lot).

I got a great deal on Amazon for a nice HiSense 49" 4K TV..will the XBOX ONE X really make that big a difference at 4K?

Im Still pi**ed that they dropped direct connectivity support for the Kinect (use Skype on it a lot).
My Kinect connects to the S fine, can't see a problem connecting to the X as they have the same ports.

You need the adaptor, amazon were selling them cheap a few weeks ago when i picked mine up.

As for 4k, if your sat a close to your screen as I am, yes it makes a huge difference, if your across a big living room, there is a difference but not as much.

edit: I paid £20 for mine and they were selling brand new kinects for £50

You need the adaptor, amazon were selling them cheap a few weeks ago when i picked mine up.

As for 4k, if your sat a close to your screen as I am, yes it makes a huge difference, if your across a big living room, there is a difference but not as much.
Hmm, im around 5-6 feet away, so quite close, its a dilemma now about upgrading I suppose :mad:

Cant wait to get mine. Mostly because I don't have a 4K blu ray player since I sold my One S lol.

Ended up paying about £150 overall though as I got nearly £100 off from very and sold my one S for £210 so pretty awesome price for an X in the end.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the fact it doesn't play Dolby Vision Discs as there starting to pop up in stores a lot now and it means I'm going to have to get a separate blu ray player if I want to get those.

Back
Top Bottom