Xbox Scorpio

Associate
Respawn Entertainment said:
When it comes to X1X it means there are times it'll render at higher than 4K and then downsample to whatever resolution the X1X is outputting to. Its is truly glorious on a 4K display. This quote will come back to haunt me, I'm sure, but there were times on Wargames last time I was testing where it was rendering at ~3200p (6K?) internally. The internal render resolution is dictated by the GPU load, so obviously there are no guarantees as to how often it renders at particular resolutions, but essentially we're using 100% GPU all the time.

http://www.thewolfhall.com/phil-spencer-comments-titanfall-2-rendering-almost-6k-xbox-one-x/

why 4k, when titanfall 2 hitting 6k :D

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
So would I, but the push for 4K on consoles means that's now the focus as opposed to using the power to improve actual in-game detail, AI, physics and frame rate. My point is that those other areas shouldn't be sacrificed for the sake of frame rate either. There has to be a balance with each game and sometimes 30fps is what achieves that balance.

Sad thing is with most console developers, if they have lots of framerate to spare they keep cranking more objects, lighting and particles that leaves little framerate left. Or as well as more AA and such.

Caporegime
So would I, but the push for 4K on consoles means that's now the focus as opposed to using the power to improve actual in-game detail, AI, physics and frame rate. My point is that those other areas shouldn't be sacrificed for the sake of frame rate either. There has to be a balance with each game and sometimes 30fps is what achieves that balance.

True that, all those things you mentioned I would also much rather have over 4k, in fact, if they were all done even better than current top end games then I would likely be a bit more happy with 30 fps over 60 fps. Assassins creed unity is technically one of the best games I have ever played in terms of the details, the game world just feels so alive and makes every other game feel so dead/empty.

Soldato
Still no word on Pre-orders? little strange that this is the case, I'm beginning to think this maybe like when the elite controllers came out and they were like rocking horse **** for the first 3-5 months.

I've decided i'm going to fold and get one. Got a nice new Sony 49XE8005 sat on my watch list waiting for a deal to pull the plug on that as well.

Soldato
Still no word on Pre-orders? little strange that this is the case, I'm beginning to think this maybe like when the elite controllers came out and they were like rocking horse **** for the first 3-5 months.

I've decided i'm going to fold and get one. Got a nice new Sony 49XE8005 sat on my watch list waiting for a deal to pull the plug on that as well.

Pre-order wont go up until its been approved by the FCC apparently.

Soldato
Yeh both consoles looking strong. With a PC, OG Xbone and PS4 Pro I was also thinking I can't justify upgrading to the One X.
Leaning towards getting a switch instead for on the go gaming/Nintendo exclusives.

Associate
Nooooo. You don't want to be ditching a PS4 Pro with God of War, Days Gone, Shadow of the Colossus, Horizon DLC, et al. all coming within a year.
I figured they will all be available remastered on ps5 "enhanced in true 4k" lol I probably won't sell it anyway, will keep both more than likely, even if it's just for TLOU 2

Caporegime
I figured they will all be available remastered on ps5 "enhanced in true 4k" lol I probably won't sell it anyway, will keep both more than likely, even if it's just for TLOU 2

Lol. If Sony don't make the PS5 100% backward compatible then I will throw my toys out of the pram and not buy it for at least a year. :p

Caporegime
Has anyone seeing anything about how Xbox 360 games will look/run on X1X? I know they get 16x anisotropic filtering but what about any extra anti-aliasing? I've started playing Borderlands and as it runs at only 720p, it's a real BLAM! to the eyes after playing in 1080p for a few years now. There hardly appears to be any anti-aliasing at all.

Associate
Yeah, bad move trading the PS4 now.

Need both :)

I don't see why people bother trading in their old consoles at all these days. There's usually little reason, games-wise to do so, especially accounting for backwards compatibility. Maybe if you have no space to keep it or really need the money to buy the new console, fair enough. I was especially mind-boggled when people traded in their PS3s to buy their PS4s. Since PS4 doesn't have proper backwards compatibility (that streaming nonsense doesn't count), they'd lose access to their PS3 games.

I guess XB1 from XB360 is the exception. For many of us, buying an Xbox One at least just lets us play our old 360 games alongside modern multi-platform titles (since XB1 doesn't have true exclusives anymore). And now you can even play your original Xbox games digitally too. So trading in a 360 for an XB1 makes some sense.

Ideally, keep your console until you find other ways of playing the games (i.e. if a newer console has backwards compatibility or has the games digitally to download or something).

Soldato
Complete opposite for me, I've barely used my Switch since I bought it, a pretty poor console imo with a poor selection of games

I got a Wii U and played it for like two or so weeks, daughter showed in interest in the console so it gathered dust for months then got sold. So, can feel for you , Nintendo was the one I got into when younger, but just don't seem to have the magic for me anymore.

I'll not be selling my PS4 Pro for an X1X talking about selling consoles. I doubt I'll get the X1X anyhow due to a decent spec PC but it would make more sense for pure console gamers to have both if they can afford both. PS4 pro and a X1X sure has to to be a good combo for pure hardcore console gamers.

Soldato
Complete opposite for me, I've barely used my Switch since I bought it, a pretty poor console imo with a poor selection of games

Oh well can't please everyone. Zelda, MK8 and ARMS have been more than enough for me. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube. These games have reminded me why I loved games in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom