• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
PC doesn't have the same architecture it's still based on 1990's architecture really just with wider buses these days. Console games are also a lot better optimised.

I've said it before in the PS5 thread but having a Ryzen class CPU will be a huge boost to console performance next generation, the current CPU's are basically like Athlon 64 X2 but with 8 cores it's no wonder 30fps is so prevalent.
The CPU has very little impact at 4k you won't get 2080ti performance on the new consoles no chance.

Soldato
You think Sony have more than doubled XB1 sales through obscure JRPGs that nobody is interested in playing? The Multiplatform games are mostly the same, so of course Sony is doing miles better due to exclusives.

No, I think that the reason Sony outsells the Xbox is because most people grew up on a PS1 or PS2 before the Xbox was even around, and they've stuck with that platform ever since. I also think that many people that don't know anything about consoles end up getting a PS rather than an Xbox simply because they don't know the differences at the time of purchase. Sure, there are differences in the exclusive games, and they can potentially make a difference, but most games that sell well in the UK aren't exclusive titles, they're multi-platform titles (Fifa, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty franchise etc).

Soldato
No, I think that the reason Sony outsells the Xbox is because most people grew up on a PS1 or PS2 before the Xbox was even around, and they've stuck with that platform ever since. I also think that many people that don't know anything about consoles end up getting a PS rather than an Xbox simply because they don't know the differences at the time of purchase.

Do you think more people would be buying an xbox if they did their research properly? Would more people buy a ONE S over a base PS4 or PS4 PRO, or the mor expensive ONE X over a PS4 PRO?

I dont think many people would, personally.

Associate
Ultimately it's a mixture of both. Brand loyalty and a compelling list of exclusives have made Sony and the Playstation a household name to the point where if people have had any iterations of the console that they'll just move on to the next one up as opposed to switching. Achievements also play a factor.

Associate
getting a bit confused here lol

is this xbox and project cloud 2 different things or will all the games on this xbox be streamed , i have concerns due to the fact me and both my lads have xboxs in the house and its bad enough now sometimes when we are all on with strict nats,downloading and streaming causing havoc with the connection ?

Associate

is this xbox and project cloud 2 different things or will all the games on this xbox be streamed , i have concerns due to the fact me and both my lads have xboxs in the house and its bad enough now sometimes when we are all on with strict nats,downloading and streaming causing havoc with the connection ?

Project Xcloud will be where you can be out and about and play your games on your mobile using your console at home as a server.

Project Scarlett is the new console.

Soldato

Xcloud is just a way to play games wherever you want, it sounded like the new console will give players a choice on how they play games, be it streaming via xcloud, or on the actual console be it digital or disc, I hope so anyway.

Soldato
Do you think more people would be buying an xbox if they did their research properly? Would more people buy a ONE S over a base PS4 or PS4 PRO, or the mor expensive ONE X over a PS4 PRO?

I dont think many people would, personally.

Taking into consideration backward compatibility (for older games they may have missed), Game Pass and EA Access, sure, I do think that they might be swayed in their choice. Ultimately, you'll always get those that are loyal to a brand, and they will never switch, but I do think that on merit the Xbox has a lot more going for it than just the usual "exclusives" line that's dragged about, and these are things that most people don't necessarily know about and wouldn't even think to ask as a first-time buyer.

Soldato
Dear lord MS, loading screens aren't the only thing in the world.

No, they're not, and it isn't all that they said. They mentioned seamless areas all as one, and a bunch of other things. In terms of a big impact, reducing or eliminating loading screens entirely from a game indicates that the hardware must be very powerful. We've got high-end PCs at the moment that can't do this because of the way PC gaming isn't standardised, so can you imagine what it'd mean if the new generation of consoles gets rid of them entirely?

Soldato
Sony showed a demo of Spider-Man going from 15 second load times to 0.8 second load times, the problem is next gem consoles will have more RAM to fill, higher quality assets, so bigger data sets to load will need the faster storage just to not have similar load times to now.

Back
Top Bottom