• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone else with a Series X and a C9 or other compatible 120hz TV get a weird graphical "glitch" (though not sure that's the correct term) when loading up a game or switching back to the dashboard from a game?

I noticed it recently after switching on 120hz on the console and wondered what was going on, disabling it removed it from happening.

Video:

Jm2F9FT.mp4

My C9 does it pretty much every time I load up a game. I'm sure it's just the hdr or that game instant response thing being enabled.

Man of Honour
Does anyone use the Elite Series 2 controller and if so, is it any good?

I like the idea of the rubber grips and the adjustable stick tension, but a £100 premium seems like a lot to pay for not very much.

They are significantly worse than the series 1 for analog stick wobble and precision. This is a design flaw and exists on every single controller, although some people don’t notice it.

I have also had to repair mine myself for 3 separate issues (offset dpad, unresponsive face buttons, squeaky trigger) as the repair staff are useless. The issues I had are pretty common with the controller.

Definitely avoid and wait for the Series 3 or get a cheap Series 1.

Soldato
They are significantly worse than the series 1 for analog stick wobble and precision. I have had to repair mine myself for 4 separate issues as the repair staff are useless.

I had a Series X console and an Elite controller in my MS basket and had been waiting for a stock alert as they've been coming in several times a day. As it happens, I got a stock alert for Amazon first and bought a console without the Elite controller. Hearing experiences like yours, I really don't fancy a product that sounds as flaky as this one so I'll see how I get on with the basic controller for now. Cheers.

Man of Honour
I had a Series X console and an Elite controller in my MS basket and had been waiting for a stock alert as they've been coming in several times a day. As it happens, I got a stock alert for Amazon first and bought a console without the Elite controller. Hearing experiences like yours, I really don't fancy a product that sounds as flaky as this one so I'll see how I get on with the basic controller for now. Cheers.

I only use the paddles and never the face buttons so I had no choice but to fix it. A lot of people replace the analog sticks with the stock Xbox One sticks as they’re much higher quality and built to far tighter tolerances. :cry:

Soldato
It's mad, it feels like a really premium quality product that should be worthy of the premium price, but mine had terrible stick drift. Pinging quickly and accurately on the Warzone map is challenging enough without the cursor moving by itself. I hope they get the QA right on the Elite 3 because I would buy another if they weren't so flakey.

Soldato
My C9 does it pretty much every time I load up a game. I'm sure it's just the hdr or that game instant response thing being enabled.
I've not noticed it with mine, but is this going to be a thing I was blissfully unaware of and now looking out for it's going to bug me? I will be back if so..

Man of Honour
It's mad, it feels like a really premium quality product that should be worthy of the premium price, but mine had terrible stick drift. Pinging quickly and accurately on the Warzone map is challenging enough without the cursor moving by itself. I hope they get the QA right on the Elite 3 because I would buy another if they weren't so flakey.

I can’t play without paddles now, so they’ve got me buying their elites regardless of the issues. I’m just lucky to be able to fix them myself.

Soldato
Ha, and yet that is what PlayStation did with Batman on PS Now. Not amused.

Yeah that's a poor show.

@MOOGLEYS There is a video on the hdtvtest YouTube channel addressing the c9/CX/c1 not showing they support 4k/120 Dolby vision gaming on Xbox.

Tldw: LG said they are working on support for the 2021 models but Vincent thinks that's conservative from them and they'd likely roll the firmware out to our older ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom