• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 231 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Ooh Snow Runner on game pass. May have to give that a shot it looks weirdly engaging.

I lost about 80 hours to this while on furlough last year (PS4 pro), although I did waste a good few hours as the UI was horrid at telling you what you actually need to deliver, relying on tiny icons with no tooltips. I reckon there is at least 120 odd hours in the main game if you complete everything; I didn't get near the last biome. It's a very specific game; you need to be engaged spending 20 minutes driving at 5 mph or less to complete an objective, but it does give a definite feel of exploration. I plan to go back to it when the season pass is cheaper.

Associate
Conan Exiles is coming to GamePass, always been curious about that so will give it a go
I played this on PC with a mate on a private server (PVP doesn't appeal in this game type) when it first came out. It was a good fun but my ageing system didn't run it too great at 1440p, so this hindered me ploughing any great deal of time into it.
Would be keen to see how it runs on the SX seeing as it is now fully released and had some DLC with it too, a nice lazy sofa grind style game. Has all the base building aspects covered off and different environments/temperatures and weather.
Good fun in coop or solo alike.

Soldato
I played this on PC with a mate on a private server (PVP doesn't appeal in this game type) when it first came out. It was a good fun but my ageing system didn't run it too great at 1440p, so this hindered me ploughing any great deal of time into it.
Would be keen to see how it runs on the SX seeing as it is now fully released and had some DLC with it too, a nice lazy sofa grind style game. Has all the base building aspects covered off and different environments/temperatures and weather.
Good fun in coop or solo alike.

Nice sounds good thanks for the info I'll definitely give it a go of I can come to terms with my state of decay addiction

The Ascent confirmed for July 29th.

https://youtu.be/GtdBf1tMboA

This looks really good hope SX optimised. Gamepass day one so will definitely be playing this

Soldato
Does anyone use the Elite Series 2 controller and if so, is it any good?

I like the idea of the rubber grips and the adjustable stick tension, but a £100 premium seems like a lot to pay for not very much.

Associate
Does anyone use the Elite Series 2 controller and if so, is it any good?

I like the idea of the rubber grips and the adjustable stick tension, but a £100 premium seems like a lot to pay for not very much.
It is a fantastic controller in theory if you get one that 100% works. The first I bought had unresponsive buttons (this is a design/component problem that seems consistent)
and minor stick drift. Sent it back as it was just about in warranty. All seemed great as I honed in on the above issues when it first arrived back. Now one of the paddles really needs to be pressed in hard for it to register (it doesn't give that satisfying click like the others). Also this seems to turn itself off randomly now and then.

To summarise it feels premium has some excellent features but I don't think the components are of a great quality. Such a missed opportunity, I think it you read enough reviews will get a similar sort of feedback that it is a solid controller but some have nothing but problems some seems to think they are faultless. I know Kreeeee has had a few but ended up fixing it himself in the end as MS just seem to repair them inadequately.

Worth a punt mate as you will defo love the weight and feel of it and the adjustable sticks are great just be wary of what I said. If you get any faults and send it back MS may well send you a controller with more problems.

Associate
Enjoying the wireless headset so far, although frustrating if you want to use them with just your PC that it turns on your console as well...
Just turn your xbox off at the mains :) I'm really keen to grab a pair of these. Been through a lot of Wireless sets in the past year. The sound quality is something that prevents me from taking the plunge. I know you have to adjust the GE setting to find that sweet spot but just wondering whether if I would think it is decent.

I know you are paying 90 quid for a lot of tech, I would just prefer a pro set that really upped the driver quality. The Steel Series 9x were perfect far from the best sound (sound was good enough once tweaked) but the features were great. The left hinge broke and I had to send them back.

Soldato
Worth a punt mate as you will defo love the weight and feel of it and the adjustable sticks are great just be wary of what I said. If you get any faults and send it back MS may well send you a controller with more problems.

Thanks for the write up - I have indeed seen many mentions of quality issues on the V1, but it seems some of these have carried over to the V2. I won't be a hardcore user of the controller, which makes me worry that it might pack up in 18-24 months when its outside its warranty. Hmmm...what to do?

Associate
No worries mate. It is a tough decision for sure I was 50/50 for a long time and was lucky enough to get a birthday gift voucher from a high street retailer which sealed my fate.
Maybe check to see if you can extend the warranty on it. You might have to buy it through MS themselves off their site but give you that peace of mind.

Caporegime
Anyone else with a Series X and a C9 or other compatible 120hz TV get a weird graphical "glitch" (though not sure that's the correct term) when loading up a game or switching back to the dashboard from a game?

I noticed it recently after switching on 120hz on the console and wondered what was going on, disabling it removed it from happening.

Video:

Jm2F9FT.mp4

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else with a Series X and a C9 or other compatible 120hz TV get a weird graphical "glitch" (though not sure that's the correct term) when loading up a game or switching back to the dashboard from a game?

I noticed it recently after switching on 120hz on the console and wondered what was going on, disabling it removed it from happening.

Video:

Jm2F9FT.mp4

Can you describe the glitch? I get a minor flash but didn't think anything of it (CX). Oh now I see the video, let me check. TBH I dont notice anything weird in your video and mine just behaves the same in 60/120.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can you describe the glitch? I get a minor flash but didn't think anything of it (CX). Oh now I see the video, let me check. TBH I dont notice anything weird in your video and mine just behaves the same in 60/120.

It can be seen after switching from CP2077 to the dash, and from Sonic Mania to the dash, yeah I don't think I worded it correctly, maybe not a glitch as such. I don't think anything is wrong, I've just never had 120hz enabled so it could be as simple as that is how it swaps between 60/120 modes.

Back
Top Bottom