• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Noob question my brother has gamepass ultimate, but he still bought a physical copy of a game that is on gamepass, why do that, is there some sort of benefit or did he waste money?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Noob question my brother has gamepass ultimate, but he still bought a physical copy of a game that is on gamepass, why do that, is there some sort of benefit or did he waste money?

If its a Microsoft first party game then it will be a waste as they are on their permanently

If its a 3rd party game, then they do dissappear after a while, but can be bought at a discount digitally, so if it was a 3rd party game and it was cheaper in box form than the discounted digital version on GP and he's planning on playing it after it leaves GP then it's not quite such a waste

Soldato
Anyone bought a series x through the all access scheme?

Any pitfalls or issues

Cheers

I think the only 'issues' are you have a credit agreement set up which may or may not be an issue, also it's costing you a lot more in the long run as you are paying full whack for gamepass.

Associate
Oh, never mind, carry on.

I got excited for a second! That's some crazy restrictive downfail with that adapter though, almost defeats the point of it. I also wouldn't put it past Microsoft to patch out the ability to use a caddy.

Its the same ssd you find in the Series X/S that's why its the only one that works.
But yeah, that adapter and the only ssd that works actually costs more than the expansion drive.
Search sn530 ssd 2230 1tb on Ebay, the prices are ridiculous.

Associate
Hopefully a simple question. Is it possible to play coop games with a main xbox profile and a family member profile?

I have the main gamepass ultimate profile on the series s, with a family profile set up for my son.

Would it be possible for him to play halo infinite multilayer on the s, whilst signed into his family profile, whilst I played via xcloud signed into the main profile?

Hopefully that makes sense.

Soldato
If its a Microsoft first party game then it will be a waste as they are on their permanently

If its a 3rd party game, then they do dissappear after a while, but can be bought at a discount digitally, so if it was a 3rd party game and it was cheaper in box form than the discounted digital version on GP and he's planning on playing it after it leaves GP then it's not quite such a waste

The Forzas get pulled from Game Pass and delisted after a few years.

Soldato
Its the same ssd you find in the Series X/S that's why its the only one that works.
But yeah, that adapter and the only ssd that works actually costs more than the expansion drive.
Search sn530 ssd 2230 1tb on Ebay, the prices are ridiculous.

Ah ha, gotcha. That makes sense with how it's able to work.

I've binned off again the idea of buying a GPU next year. I've caved in and ordered the 1TB expansion drive, the lack of storage space is driving me insane. The 2TB expansion drive would be nice, but I'm not spending that kinda money on it. The 1TB expansion combined with some cold storage will do me fine.

Caporegime
Nightmare, upgraded to series x version of Gears 5 and lost all my content and earned unlocks. 2 years down the ******. Raised a ticket with The Coalition but not holding out any hope with how ****ing utterly useless they are.

I think how utterly underwhelmed my son has been with us getting a Series X is going to be a problem for the new consoles and getting kids interested.

"Yeah but what does it do that mine can't"

Well er games load faster, remember that huge loading screen in Gears? Well the load time is shorter.

"Well what about everyone else"

Well yeah, if someone is still on a one then you will load in faster but have to wait.

"So what's the point"

Well new games will be much better.

"Like what, what's coming?"

Er er, STFU and go to bed! :D

Caporegime
Hopefully a simple question. Is it possible to play coop games with a main xbox profile and a family member profile?

I have the main gamepass ultimate profile on the series s, with a family profile set up for my son.

Would it be possible for him to play halo infinite multilayer on the s, whilst signed into his family profile, whilst I played via xcloud signed into the main profile?

Afaik if you set up on his console as home console he gets all your benefits. Gamepass etc then you log onto your console with your profile.

Associate

Yes. You can set him up with his own profile though rather than a family profile, or is that what you meant...if gamepass is linked to you, set the xbox your son plays on as your home xbox...this links the gamepass to that xbox so anyone logging in on it can play
You then play on the other xbox(set that as your sons home xbox), as gamepass linked to you and your gamertag and can access gamepass from wherever you are playing...be it that xbox, or a friends etc

Associate
Anyone had problems with XSX. Bought one beginning of December for friends as they'd been struggling to get one for their son...anyway after unwrapping for crimbo, it continually crashes...Microsoft confirmed its defective so it's been sent back for repair/replacement

Associate
No, I have 3 in the house and the only crashes I had was when playing flight sim months ago.
yeah, got 3 here also...seen threads now about crashing but as quite a big base here, curious if anyone here came across it...gutting for their son, who thinks the heavens have fallen in...he has to wait another 2 weeks now...problem with retailer is they don't have stock anymore, so would take back the one I bought for refund only..or I could pay for another 1 guaranteeing me a new one when stock arrives(so have to buy 2nd, while they process refund on 1st), but they don't know when that would be...hence it got sent to microsoft for repair

Associate
Anyone know of anywhere online I can order a Series X right now? I just want a next gen console to play Hell Let Loose on my TV.... PS5 will do too tbh! Think my pref would be Series X though due to fact I can play Flight Sim too.

Associate
yeah, got 3 here also...seen threads now about crashing but as quite a big base here, curious if anyone here came across it...gutting for their son, who thinks the heavens have fallen in...he has to wait another 2 weeks now...problem with retailer is they don't have stock anymore, so would take back the one I bought for refund only..or I could pay for another 1 guaranteeing me a new one when stock arrives(so have to buy 2nd, while they process refund on 1st), but they don't know when that would be...hence it got sent to microsoft for repair

Yeah that is a shame, but 2 weeks from M$ is normally a bit overkill as they keep stock back for replacements.

I had to send my wireless headset back and it said 2 weeks. But it only took about 5 days to get a new pair, including my postage time.

Fingers crossed it is quick.

Back
Top Bottom