• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
wow hello stranger. I was wondering what had happened to you after your posts on face ache dried up. Yeah I can see the value for you, I play gears from time to time with Aussies and if they aren’t moaning about their ping to server it’s game prices!
Haha, hello there :) Yeah, I got stuck on the other side of the world so they gave me citizenship and stuff :D I still lurk here from time to time.
Yeah, I don't really play online much anymore, when they do have aussie servers they're pretty empty for most games after release month, same goes for Asian servers, and pings to the Northern hemisphere makes any sort of shooter etc pointless. Ah well, game pass has plenty of single player fun too :D
I will take a look at Hades over xmas because I really struggle to find anything to play!
Yeah, its good, my first roguelite, and it took me a while to not get frustrated at dying and realise I was supposed to. Stick with it.
Anyway Happy Christmas and glad you are well :)
Thanks mate, you too!

Associate
Halo, Forza. I can see the appeal if you like old games but I don't find the current content amazing. My son plays a few more but I doubt Minecraft

If it carries on for £1 sure I'd get it. For anything more than £4.99 a month I will happily go back to buying and selling games.

Xbox live £6.99

Xbox ultimate £10.99

Game pass only £4 that includes PC, xcloud, EA play.

Every first party game from Microsoft & bethesda day of release

You can only compare retail prices, Both can be purchased at huge discount

Last edited:
Soldato
Just managed to secure a Series X from GAME, in stock atm on their site.

Good, as I was in two minds to pay the extra it costs for a USED one at CEX! :rolleyes:

Associate
Was wondering if anybody had made a nvme "caddy" to use any nvme ssd to get around the extortionate prices and found there is a caddy.
Ranging anywhere from £20-£40. Seems reasonable.
But trying to get a Western Digital CH SN 530 drive(the only compatible drive) at a reasonable price to put it in is another problem in itself :p

Caporegime
Was wondering if anybody had made a nvme "caddy" to use any nvme ssd to get around the extortionate prices and found there is a caddy.
But trying to get a Western Digital CH SN 530 drive(the only compatible drive) at a reasonable price to put it in is another problem in itself :p

It would be pointless as you are bottleneck by the USB speed. It will be faster than a HDD but not worth it. I have 2 external drives attached to my SX, an 250G SSD and 4TB HDD. If a game can be run off external then it will run off fine from either. Any difference in speed is fairly minimal.

Associate
Soldato

I got excited for a second! That's some crazy restrictive downfail with that adapter though, almost defeats the point of it. I also wouldn't put it past Microsoft to patch out the ability to use a caddy.

The 1TB expansion is looking more attractive at this point and pair it with an external drive, like some of you guys are doing. I really can't see myself plumping up for the 2TB expansion anytime soon with that asking price. Perhaps towards the end of the Series X life it'll be sensible price :p

Soldato
Just splashed the cash on the 1TB card, figured I'd use it quite nicely as games get bigger and I can then but my 2.5" SSD back in to the PC. Expensive here in NZ but can't be bothered trying to hack an expansion and it fits neatly in the back.

Back
Top Bottom