• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Anyone know how to turn down or even totally mute the volume of the intro xbox logo when you first turn on the console? I hate how loud it is, way louder than any other noise of the gaming I'm about to do. Can have the console used at night and on volume 14 TV, turn off console, go to play next night, turn on and wake everyone up just with the intro noise, while TV still at 14. Hate it hate it hate it

If you leave it on quick resume then it doesn't go through the start up process.

Man of Honour
I'm still trying to finish guardians of the galaxy which is decent enough but doesn't half drag on

It has its moments where it drags and those parts are carried by the dialogue. Probably drags more nearer the end, the it’d worth sticking with as there are some real highlights along the way.

That's one of my problems, forgetting the controls!

Anyway I finished it finally, uninstalled and onto the next such is the life of a gamepass gamer. I managed to get half an hour in on weird west, seems good looking forward to playing some more tomorrow night

That’s one of my biggest problems, especially when switching between the XSX and PS5. Why oh why do they both have an ‘X’ button that’s in a different place!!! QuickTime events in games screw me for hours until I remember.

What about turning it on with tv off then switching the tv on ?

Sure, or mute TV, it it's not really a solution

If you leave it on quick resume then it doesn't go through the start up process.

Yep but I would prefer the less power usage method, and the xbox fan seems to stay on while in that mode. I used to have the quick resume setting enabled but only just stopped it and now see this issue.

It's at the midday part that it's freaking loud, I imagine that is the max volume setting possible, as in the other noises are set to 30 percent, then it jumps to 100 percent volume available, then back down again. Then when using xbox, fame sound etc will hover around 60 percent. It's way above any other noise.

Put your phone/pc on max volume and tell me this isn't a stupidly loud start up noise.

Man of Honour
Sure, or mute TV, it it's not really a solution

Yep but I would prefer the less power usage method, and the xbox fan seems to stay on while in that mode. I used to have the quick resume setting enabled but only just stopped it and now see this issue.

It's at the midday part that it's freaking loud, I imagine that is the max volume setting possible, as in the other noises are set to 30 percent, then it jumps to 100 percent volume available, then back down again. Then when using xbox, fame sound etc will hover around 60 percent. It's way above any other noise.

Put your phone/pc on max volume and tell me this isn't a stupidly loud start up noise.

They changed it so even when using energy saver mode the fan comes on and updates run in the background. In reality there is very little difference between the modes now.

Soldato
That’s one of my biggest problems, especially when switching between the XSX and PS5. Why oh why do they both have an ‘X’ button that’s in a different place!!! QuickTime events in games screw me for hours until I remember.

I don't have a PS5, but swapping to the Xbox this gen had the same problem. Muscle memory just wasn't there and had to think all the time, whereas with the PS controller I never had to think. I still have to put a milliseconds' worth of thinking when I have to press LB/RB/LT/RT instead of L1/R1/L2/R2

Soldato
hey all, my almost 7yr old went to his friends house and decided he wants to play xbox. So shall I get him a Series S or get an older One X bearing in mind he wont have an all singing/dancing 4k/uhd tv or anything to play it on.

WHats the best value, new Series S or a 2nd hand One X?

hey all, my almost 7yr old went to his friends house and decided he wants to play xbox. So shall I get him a Series S or get an older One X bearing in mind he wont have an all singing/dancing 4k/uhd tv or anything to play it on.

WHats the best value, new Series S or a 2nd hand One X?

Get the series S. It's great and will make your kid happy. Have a look at how you can get the game pass for £1 per month and like £30 for a year, will give endless games and both these things will save you money left to treat yourself for at least 1 hooker

Soldato
Just like on my PC with moonlight I can stream my desktop to my laptop and it's like almost native experience, no lag, can I do the same, xbox series X to laptop stream and get the same quality experience?

Just like on my PC with moonlight I can stream my desktop to my laptop and it's like almost native experience, no lag, can I do the same, xbox series X to laptop stream and get the same quality experience?
I use the xbox companion app and there is no delay whatsoever. I play dead by daylight which has quick time events and you'd notice a lag if there was one while playing that, to the point that I can't use Bluetooth headphones on my TV as the tiny delay means I miss the quick time events. The xbox companion app doesn't have any issues.

Not sure how well to a WiFi connected laptop it will work but fairly certain almost any game will be fine.

The app is free so give it a go and test it I guess.

Back
Top Bottom