Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 232 26.1%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Think it's been confirmed by the dev that it's 30fps

It looks a mess in motion even with motion blur turned off it also stutters lots too.

No options to lower res for a better frame rate either, No performance mode or anything.

My 3070 Legion 5 laptop runs it better plugged into the TV Series X should be way better than this it’s very disappointing…..

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP

Leaving October 31

The following games will be leaving the library soon. Be sure to jump in and play these games before they go! As always, members can save up to 20% off their purchase to keep these games in their library.

• Alan Wake: American Nightmare (Console and PC)
  • Backbone (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Bassmaster Fishing 2022 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Project Wingman (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Second Extinction (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Sniper Elite 4 (Console and Cloud)
  • The Forgotten City (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Associate

Leaving October 31

The following games will be leaving the library soon. Be sure to jump in and play these games before they go! As always, members can save up to 20% off their purchase to keep these games in their library.

• Alan Wake: American Nightmare (Console and PC)
  • Backbone (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Bassmaster Fishing 2022 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Project Wingman (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Second Extinction (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Sniper Elite 4 (Console and Cloud)
  • The Forgotten City (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Going to have to get my skates on with The Forgotten City - I've had it on my play list for the best part of a year but still haven't properly got round to it.

Soldato
Gutted about Alan Wake, didn't even know it was on there and never played American Nightmare

I find browsing GamePass for games to play a bit random like this, there is stuff that just seems to stay hidden from me

Last edited:
Soldato
Played the first chapter of Requiem last night and I have to say I didn't notice any stutters - but I'm not that fussed about 30fps/60fps if I'm honest. The game did look absolutely gorgeous though.

I think my lack of care about frame rates stems from loving Goldeneye back in the day which ran at about 12fps if you used grenades or mines :cry:

Man of Honour
How do you cope with your 1TB SSD filling up? Is the expansion SSD thing worth it?
I've got a couple of spare NVME SSD's (Samsung 970 Pro) would I be better just getting enclosures for them? (Appreciate I can't play straight off them)

Soldato
How do you cope with your 1TB SSD filling up? Is the expansion SSD thing worth it?
I've got a couple of spare NVME SSD's (Samsung 970 Pro) would I be better just getting enclosures for them? (Appreciate I can't play straight off them)

XS optimised games on internal storage, everything else on a Samsung SSD in an enclosure

I delete stuff I'm not playing, don't have many games installed really

Soldato
XS optimised games on internal storage, everything else on a Samsung SSD in an enclosure

I delete stuff I'm not playing, don't have many games installed really
In your experience, how long does it typically take to move a game from your external SSD to the internal storage?

I'm using an old WD mechanical drive and it takes a good 10 mins, I'm wondering if I should buy an SSD for storage.

Soldato
In your experience, how long does it typically take to move a game from your external SSD to the internal storage?

I'm using an old WD mechanical drive and it takes a good 10 mins, I'm wondering if I should buy an SSD for storage.
Not sure really, a couple of minutes if that I think, not something I do often I just had a spare SSD so decided to buy an enclosure and use it with the Xbox. I've never thought it was slow that's for sure

Man of Honour
I've plugged in a Samsung Evo 970 SSD this morning and its rapid - took about 15 seconds to move a 6GB game to the SSD
Obviously will take longer for larger games but its the time saved v re-downloading thats the main thing

Soldato
Had a few hours on Gotham Knights today and well it’s crap big downgrade from the last Batman game. It starts ok but soon falls to bits pretty quick the combat is annoying at times and repetitive. Graphics are ok but still not as good as Arkham Knight from 7 years ago. It’s 30fps and pretty consistent but it’s 30fps on a combat game so not great it feels sluggish. The world feels empty and abandoned Spider-Man did it way better and 60fps…

The story seems good but the rest of it makes it a struggle to enjoy.

Definitely wait for a sale or gamepass/PS now addition. Skill ups review pretty much shares my opinions….

Last edited:
Associate
Had a few hours on Gotham Knights today and well it’s crap big downgrade from the last Batman game. It starts ok but soon falls to bits pretty quick the combat is annoying at times and repetitive. Graphics are ok but still not as good as Arkham Knight from 7 years ago. It’s 30fps and pretty consistent but it’s 30fps on a combat game so not great it feels sluggish. The world feels empty and abandoned Spider-Man did it way better and 60fps…

The story seems good but the rest of it makes it a struggle to enjoy.

Definitely wait for a sale or gamepass/PS now addition. Skill ups review pretty much shares my opinions….

Disappointing, but not surprising. Pre-release footage was pointing toward a sub-par effort.

Back
Top Bottom