Xperia Z1 Compact... finally the holy grail for "normal sized" phone enthusiasts?

Soldato
I'm still waiting for the automatic update... be warned though, a lot of users are reporting issues with Kitkat - including the camera overheating did I read somewhere? Hopefully by the time the auto update comes through the issues might have been fixed :)

Soldato
Yeah, just had more of a read on bugs found, so guess I'll leave the device on 4.3. Seems like next week Sony will release an update with a few fixes. I guess Sony's slow staged updates really does help.

Associate
I'm not sure if to get this or a Z1 size isn't an issue really..thought the Z1 would be better for film watching :) I'll be moving from a note 2 which I've loved in terms of battery and screen size but it's a bit annoying at times just how big the damn thing is.

Associate
I'm not sure if to get this or a Z1 size isn't an issue really..thought the Z1 would be better for film watching :) I'll be moving from a note 2 which I've loved in terms of battery and screen size but it's a bit annoying at times just how big the damn thing is.

You could always wait for the Z2?

The Z1 kit is getting on a bit and the compact is pretty much identical hardware. If you can find a good deal on either of the Z1's then just go for that.

Soldato
Has anybody updated their Z1 Compact to KitKat? I've got an update (14.3.A.0.757) being offered by the PC companion, but I've read a number of threads on the Sony forum complaining about KitKat... just wondering if anybody here has been brave enough to give it a try :)

Soldato
Has anybody updated their Z1 Compact to KitKat? I've got an update (14.3.A.0.757) being offered by the PC companion, but I've read a number of threads on the Sony forum complaining about KitKat... just wondering if anybody here has been brave enough to give it a try :)
I'm in the same boat - been reading loads of bits on the Sony forums and I think I'm going to hang on! Even with the recent update it sounds more trouble than its worth...

Soldato

It's fine.

Soldato
Hi folks.

One thing that is bugging me about this phone is that by default, the Sony software doesn't seem able to decouple the notification volume level from the ringtone volume level. This is frankly quite annoying when you want to be able to receive calls at maximum volume, but notifications at a much lower one.

Is there anyway to do it?

Thanks

EDIT: Tried several volume apps, but they don't seem to work either!

Last edited:
Soldato
I take it these are still the phone to go for in this size?

My contracts up, and I don't really want anything much bigger than my HTC One S!

Any good contract deals about? Last time I got a new phone you could get a great deal using all the websites out there, but now after a quick look, they all seem to offer the same deals..

Soldato

My contracts up, and I don't really want anything much bigger than my HTC One S!

Any good contract deals about? Last time I got a new phone you could get a great deal using all the websites out there, but now after a quick look, they all seem to offer the same deals..

Yeah its pretty much the one to go for if you don't like ridiculous phones that are bigger than your face but want the horsepower and a decent snapper without it being an iPhone.

I've already dropped mine in the bath whilst bathing the kids which doesn't matter and the 6 hours+ screen on time is also a bonus compared to some of the big boys which can barely break 3-4 hours some of them.

Soldato

Have you looked at the Moto X? That'd be my choice if you don't need more than a 16GB version.

Back
Top Bottom