Yamakasi Catleap 27" 100mhz IPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hazro (with a z) isn't denying it - their representive simply posted there is a different grading system? I'm quite sure there is another post by him where he states Haazro is using the same panels as Dell/HP/Apple/Lenovo/Fujitsu etc. Cannot find it though..

The "20%" that's mentioned is used in Nec's/Eiso's, you know those monitors that are two, three, four or even five times the price of a Dell.

Associate
Hazro basically do the same as the companies listed in this thread apart from charge you an extra £200.

To be fair to Hazro their not just charging and extra £200 they are calibrating the monitors (the imports may be calibrated TBC) and you can return under DRS and get a 3 year warranty, although customer support appears to have been poor in the past.

Also Hazro have to pay duty and charge you VAT which buyers direct from Korea have not (which amounts to fraud) putting a legit UK seller at a disadvantage.

Associate
Lets just sum it up and say that these panel were declined by Dell, Apple whoever for a reason unknown to us maybe about quality, safety etc. From what I found out from a seller is that the panels are shipped in bulk and returned in bulk if maybe only 10/20% do not meet the requirements. Now this is taboo but lets be honest who cares about the grade? If you want perfection buy a Dell or whatever, if not then these will do fine.

Associate
Also Hazro have to pay duty and charge you VAT which buyers direct from Korea have not (which amounts to fraud) putting a legit UK seller at a disadvantage.
I think there's some kind of extra tax on flat-screens assembled outside the EU as well. Can't find the the original post where I read it a couple of years ago, closest thing I could find mentions it should no longer apply since "June 30, 2011." but I haven't seen a price drop in 2011 so whether those changes were ever made or not.. no clue.

Last edited:
Soldato
no problem.

I bought the Yamakasi Catleap Q270 (without tempered glass or speakers). I settled on this because it was guaranteed to work with the modified PCB that would allow it to OC to 100Hz, where as it was unconfirmed that the others could. it was also substantially cheaper than the crossover, and I didn't like the look of the achievia.

I paid $358 (worked out to €277 - I'm in Ireland) and I bought from a seller called 'Samsung_Korea'. He ships with FedEX, who deliver to your door, as apposed to EMS, who hand it over to the national postal service (royal mail) I ordered late on a Sunday night, and I recieved it Friday morning. I didn't have to pay any import duty.

I know of several people who bought from sellers who used EMS, and all of them paid customs (valued at ~€150 because they paid €30)
I'm not sure if I got lucky, or if its because FedEX don't hand it over go the local postal service. I don't know of anyone else who used FedEX to confirm.

I didn't pay for a pixel check (I think its a farce, and my seller didn't offer it at the time anyway) but I still got a perfect monitor. no dead or stuck pixels, no bleed of any kind etc.

The stand is cheap. there really is no denying it. it wobbles a bit when I'm playing music with heavy bass on my sound system with a sub, but not enough to actually distract you.

That said, I couldn't be happier. I tried gaming on my older (still decent iiyama 1080p) monitor, and all I can say is that I'll never go back to 1080p or TN panels. its IPS 1440p or 1600p from now on. there just is no comparison. If I accidentally broke this screen today, I'd have a new one ordered tomorrow.

sorry for the wall of text. any more questions?

May find a FedEx import duty bill posted through your door a few weeks after delivery. I had that experience lately.

Associate
Catleap model Is the bezel the same size top and bottom for future portrait Eyefinity use. also does this model only come without the glass.. Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You may be better with the Crossover as it has a stand much like the Dell. Allowing for height adjustment and locks into portrait mode.

Associate
thanks . only prob with the crossover is no perfect pixel version from what I could see. Also the bezel looks bigger at the bottom.

Last edited:
Soldato
So these monitors don't work at all with a laptop that has HDMI and DP? I've been after a large monitor for well over a year and these fit the bill perfectly.

I'm truly gutted :(

Soldato
Just had my Catleap deliverd, I gotta say WOW, perfect monitor, no dead/stuck pixel fantastic screen, I got the 2B model so OC'ed to 120hz without a problem..

I will get pictures up soon.

Edit, I had to pay £15 tax, thats nothing and the delivery company agreed to pay me that back anyway.

Overall I cannot recomend this highly enough

Last edited:
Associate
Just had my Catleap deliverd, I gotta say WOW, perfect monitor, no dead/stuck pixel fantastic screen, I got the 2B model so OC'ed to 120hz without a problem..

Edit, I had to pay £15 tax, thats nothing and the delivery company agreed to pay me that back anyway.

Who was the seller?

Did yours get held at customs or was the tax from somewhere else?

Soldato

So thats a 2560x1440 IPS monitor with 120Hz refresh?

Sounds insane :D

And here I am stuck with lowly 60Hz Hazro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom