yet another messi thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Messi dives. C.Ronaldo dives. a lot of players do these days..

Trying to claim either one doesn't is stupidity at it's finest. Both immense players though.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
Wow, 1st one was contact and a penalty. 2nd one was dubious. 3rd one he got back up and tried to stay on his fight.
Edit: #4 wasn't a dive either, nor was #6.

So 2 from 6 so far. Authorative source this :rolleyes:

Is this serious?

The one where he tried to stay feet he threw himself to the floor as soon as he knew he couldn't reach the ball.

As for the first one Woodgate made contact, yeah, but Ronaldo threw himself to the floor as he saw the ball rolling out. It was a penalty, maybe, but Ronaldo still dived, not saying that's entirely his fault, I think it's a big problem in football the fact that you must go to ground to win a pen.

Soldato
Some of the dives in that vid are embaressing, 19 against Newcastle and 29 against Liverpool for example. I can't believe some people can actually defend him.

Associate
OP
Slogan said:
Quoted for truth, unfortunately.

thinks hes young and made a mistake. has immense ability and should not be judged on a stupid mistake he made at a very young and inexperinced age

Soldato
cheets64 said:
For Messi to do that in a Semi Final of the biggest cup comp in South America awesome, its like a bit different from Rooney chipping Watford 3-0, Messi had to score.

What? Argentina were 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go when Messi scored. Hardly what I would classify as 'had to score'.

I wish a mod would close this thread, like most topics in SA at the minute, it ends up in player A is better than player B, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, to me, to you, to me, to you, no he isn't, yes he is, why, because I said so.

Soldato
Linoge said:
I wish a mod would close this thread, like most topics in SA at the minute, it ends up in player A is better than player B, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, to me, to you, to me, to you, no he isn't, yes he is, why, because I said so.
Thoroughly agree, infact I'm promising myself that I won't get involved in anymore of those debates as they're pointless.

Soldato
Andybtsn said:
It's a discussion board, people express their opinions.

True, but SA recently and I'm sure it's down to the lack of domestic football has turned into a real bickering bitch fest.

Don
Linoge said:
True, but SA recently and I'm sure it's down to the lack of domestic football has turned into a real bickering bitch fest.

True, we don't really have anything to talk about though. Not that I ever have anything to discuss regarding my team anyway :(

Anyway, 27 days to go...

Soldato
azamc said:
thinks hes young and made a mistake. has immense ability and should not be judged on a stupid mistake he made at a very young and inexperinced age

I'm not judging his ability at all - I'm saying it's a shame that he's a cheat. And he has performed the hand of god on more than one occasion.

Soldato
cheets64 said:
He maybe a cheat but you try running from the half way line with players trying to take you down then just take the pee out of the keeper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hokq-7olthE

Messi :eek:
That reminds me of that Giggs goal against Arsenal :)

Good stuff...

That ronaldo vid of dives is laughable...

I've been a United fan since I was a concious of football as a little child, and I have to say yes Ronaldo dives, but I've got to agree with Nokkon he cut it out a heck of a lot last season.

As already said, yes there are some blatant dives in that video; but most of them are either a) contact, b) too far away to really see what happened, c) he got up and carried on or d) pointless do dive at that point (see second to last one, he got round the keeper and was straight on at the goal!? why go down, its an empty net?)

Again, I'm not going to say he doesn't dive, because he does... but when you compare it to the level he used to do it...
The problem is, is that he got a reputation for doing it... now he could go an entire season without diving... but dives in the last game of the season and you'll get 'Cheat! Cheat! Cheat!'

There were a lot of players in in England last season that dived a lot more than Ronaldo last season; but purely because of his reputation for doing so... a lot more gets made of it.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
I'd disagree.

For me, there are 5 wonderkids in the world.

1) Ronaldo - 22 years old
2) Kaka - 24 years old
3) Fabregas - 20 years old
4) Rooney - 21 years old(22 in a few months time)
5) Messi - 20 years old

And yes, that's my order too.
For me 'kids' are players 21 and under and 2 of those are not in the kid bracket for me and soon Rooney won't be either, Messi and Fabregas have justed turned 20 and those are players I would regard as kids not

Oh and out of that list imo Kaka and Messi will go on to become better players than the other 3.

Caporegime
I already said I'd take Kaka out. I would definitely put Ramos at 5th then, he was awesome last season.

Ronaldo has improved incredibly every season, I dare say if he went to Spain he'd just end up embarassing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom