YouFibre

I had a salesperson come knock on my door yesterday and considering BT were good but expensive then moved to EE and they now seem expensive I’m moving to YouFibre on the 25th and they are cheaper again and buying out my EE contract plus you get 900mb both upload and download the wife will be happier her pod casts will be quicker. Can’t wait for a much better service

We moved to a rural location and our only option was Starlink. Once on it, you realise there really is no essential need to have GB speeds, I do miss not having a choice though.

Result. They are coming out monday to swap my ONT to one with a phone port. FOC.
Nice one! I’m glad they managed to accommodate you and still have that ONT.

I’ve had my first serious issue with my service today. My router was dropping my connection all morning and at lunchtime my ONT has lost its connection all together - red light.

I phoned YouFibre support and they tried a few things to get my ONT up and running but it looks like it’s stuck in provisioning mode on their system. My support case has been escalated to a higher support operative to see if it can be resolved remotely, but they’ve booked an engineer visit as it looks like it may possibly need to be replaced.

There is never a good time for things to fail, with the case marked as priority I’ll get an engineer visit a lot sooner than my appointment date - 24/09/24. It’s just the way they book support visits apparently.

Edit: Engineer Visit now 20/09/24 will continue to get pushed up when cancellations occur. I’m still hoping to get a phone call though for an immediate engineer visit though.

Further Edit: Engineer visit brought forward to today Wednesday 18th September. Engineer arrived and found water damage to the street fibre node opposite my house, that will need to be fully replaced to solve my issue and provide a reliable service. My YouFibre is backup and running though but was told it could be a bit temperamental until the damage node is replaced

Last edited:
This is why when I was looking at cost. YF was £10 per month saving on regular fttp but rather than save it, I’m putting it into a 4g sim to back me up should the worst happen.
Gb symmetric with 4G for less than £40 a month.

Been with youfibre about 6 months now.
Apart from the garbage eero they installed (they changed it for the arris) haven't had any issues

19.99 for 150/150 is a bargain.

Result. They are coming out monday to swap my ONT to one with a phone port. FOC.
So first engineer came out, he didnt really know why he was here and was just told in his notes that i had connection problems. I Sent him away.
Another engineer came out this morning. With a Grandstream device to plug my phone into. He told me they dont replace the ONT, and only add this device. Hooked it up, but phone line doesn't connect...apparantly need to wait 24 hours for it to provision/port over.

So end result, i havent been able to get rid of a electrical device....just that i can swap the arris out for the grandstream (eventually once the phone line switches over)

Last edited:
Arris router drops signal n speed rapidly the futher you get. I picked up Linksys Atlas Pro 6 AX5400 which is readily available for around £40 single unit or 3 for £110 on a auction site.

As a comparison...on my 1gb connection. Upstairs in my home office (most problematic room in my house) , the arris router (located in living room downstairs) gives me 130mbps on my iphone. linksys mesh gives me 430mbps; If i hardwire my computer to the linksys node and test, it gives me 650mbps.
The linksys pro units have 4 ports on each of the nodes.

Edit : i should really turn the wifi off totally from the arris router as that is also probably causing a confict with the linksys wifi lowering its speed.
That Linksys mesh system is awesome. Thanks for recommending. Work flawlessly and an absolute bargain too.

My installation has just finished and its great 925mb down with 910mb up, and not £22 cheaper per month. If you can get You Fibre i would recommend it. Plus they have a referral option also, anywhere between £25 (150mb) to £100 (8000mb) so let me know if you are interested. I am happy to help.

Had a letter through the door from Netomnia, checked Youfiber website

s!ArOn3TOwij0tiKFBKczSrfOd2vsR5g

tasty :)

Back
Top Bottom