Young boys and their Noisy cars

Permabanned
I feel posting this I may get told to " go away "

The past 6 months or so I've had this guy driving round and round 24/7 in his modified car with his aftermarket exhaust and it's getting to me now, everytime he drives by, which is like every 30mins or so by blood pressure goes up, he's still out there even in the wee hours of the morning.
He also has two pals on dirt bikes along with him.
Why do they choose to constantly ride around a residential area all day everyday and not go on trips to other places and cities? Are they delivery drivers or drug dealers or what?

Last month I ended up sending an online message to the Police, Two days later they were at my door almost kicking it in ( The police ) as I was sat on the loo and couldn't just get up and answer. Even this has annoyed me! Did they think I was spamming them and they were out to caution me or something?
I opened the door with loo roll still in hand lol, we had a chat about my email to them and they said they would keep an eye out for them but nothing has changed.

I'm just old and moany? I just like my peace and quiet and don't get why they choose to cruise around the houses instead of actually going somewhere.

rant over.

Soldato
If you really want to do something about it then keep a log and records - this will give someone something to go on if they have the time to actually look at it.

Have you spoken to the neighbors about it - how do they feel?

And yes - your post definitely gives off Victor Meldrew vibes :D

Soldato
I don't think I'll ever understand the mentality of prats such as this. It must be some kind of self-esteem issue or inadequacy within themselves that makes them want a loud and noisy exhaust so they garner the attention and looks of others.

It's like a little kid making a racket so it gets attention from its mum.

Permabanned
OP
am I a bit like....
original.jpg

Soldato
I actually find I rarely see young people (under 25s) driving cars these days as between insurance and fuel costs they’ve pretty much been priced off the road!

Associate
Do you know the reg of the car ? If not my first action would be to grab the make, model and reg. Keep on at the police and record the times of the activity.

Eventually the police will put the vehicle on their ANPR and pull them over, hopefully when they do they might be drunk or drug drivers, if they are, chances the car will get seized and fingers crossed end of issue.

Unfortunately, other than finding out where they live and doing some mods to the car yourself, theres not much that can be done.

Soldato
I don't think I'll ever understand the mentality of prats such as this. It must be some kind of self-esteem issue or inadequacy within themselves that makes them want a loud and noisy exhaust so they garner the attention and looks of others.

It's like a little kid making a racket so it gets attention from its mum.

We have them round where I live. They are predominately young Pakistani men and when challenged by residents on the local Facebook page, say its because they spend a lot of money on their cars, so why cant they enjoy them. The cops know about them, the local councillors know about them, the local PCSO know about them but they all do **** all about it even though they end up doing about 60mph in a 30mph limit with crackle maps to make ridiculously loud backfiring noises on over run .

Soldato
One good thing about the transition to EVs will be that the horrenous pops & bangs exhaust maps will be gone. Although no doubt they'll find some other obnoxious ways of making their presence known.

Soldato
One good thing about the transition to EVs will be that the horrenous pops & bangs exhaust maps will be gone. Although no doubt they'll find some other obnoxious ways of making their presence known.

I was about to post this! I hope this put this utterly **** hobby to rest. Utter chavs the lot of them.

Man of Honour
It will be replaced with a monthly subscription to an "experience pack" where they can choose the sound piped through external speakers.

Soldato
We have someone who took the muffler of there motorbike to make it as loud as possible and sits on it from about 7AM till 7:30AM every weekday morning before driving away (presumably to work). We have no idea why he sits on it idling revving it now and then, its very loud, like yes we notice your there -_- get over yourself.

When I go out in the morning, I drive very slow and try to make the least amount of noise as possible till I'm out the estate. Some people just don't have any curtesy.

Soldato
My 50 year old neighbour does this, so it's not just young kids. I can only assume he has a tiny **** and the vibrations from the exhaust are the only way he is able to satisfy his wife

Back
Top Bottom