Your bad driving encounters

Associate
Man of Honour
Two absolute melons on my way to work, 3 if you include the van in front which was going much slower than was reasonable and dawdling. First one nearly caused a head on collision at speed overtaking myself and the van, second who I think was with the first was dangerously tailgating me after that and when I slowed right down because it was so bad they made a dangerous overtake themselves. Will probably upload footage later.

Associate
2 morons earlier, driving along the A470 just before Pontypridd (50mph average speed limit zone), 3 cars coming up the slip road, can see that I'd be hitting the merge point at the same time as one of them so move over to the right hand lane (lame was completely clear) first car merges ahead if me no problem, second car ends up merging alongside me, again no problem, third car merges and immediately pulls into the right hand lane half an inch off my bumper. Finish passing second car and move back to left lane. Third puts her foot down and passes me, then promptly moves into the left lane and slams her brakes on the 30mph before flooring it again.

Second moron was on the A4119 (OH had decided that she wanted to get McDonalds on the way home) as we are approaching a roundabout car in front signals right, but stays in the left lane, moves to the right lane on the roundabout itself before signalling left and throwing the car into the exit. Thankfully had my wits about me so was ready half expecting it. At the next roundabout they can't decide what lane they want and straight line it with no signalling at all, third roundabout they then signal left and continue around the roundabout and end up behind me, thankfully they turned off at the 4th roundabout.

Blue line shows the line driver took, green line shows correct route

Screenshot-20240526-200123.png

Man of Honour

Audio glitched out a bit and I'm not sure it is even in sync with the video.

Black Audi had been following me for 5-6 miles or so - stayed a reasonable distance back when I was doing the speed limit but got up close a few times, but then was tailgating me when we got behind the grey van for about 2 miles before the video which was doing like 45 in a 60 and wandering about occasionally speeding up briefly for no apparent rhyme or reason i.e. through a short stretch of 30 and 40 randomly sped up to about 50 before slowing down again.

Audi nearly went into the back of me when pulling out for the overtake and just noticed in the video the van speeds up as the Audi is passing it as well which made the situation dodgier. Then once the Audi had gone the BMW which I think was with them, came right up behind me and got very close to my bumper going through the corner and down hill through the 40 where you definitely need room for braking due to the hidden junctions on the right and people living there who have a bad habit of just walking out into the road, so slowed right down to give them a hint :s

Didn't gain them anything as I was right behind them then for the next 2 miles until we hit a dual-carriageway where the two of them went racing off together so I assume they were together.

(Very much suspect county lines type stuff going on there given a bit of local knowledge).

Last edited:
Soldato

Audio glitched out a bit and I'm not sure it is even in sync with the video.

Black Audi had been following me for 5-6 miles or so - stayed a reasonable distance back when I was doing the speed limit but got up close a few times, but then was tailgating me when we got behind the grey van for about 2 miles before the video which was doing like 45 in a 60 and wandering about occasionally speeding up briefly for no apparent rhyme or reason i.e. through a short stretch of 30 and 40 randomly sped up to about 50 before slowing down again.

Audi nearly went into the back of me when pulling out for the overtake and just noticed in the video the van speeds up as the Audi is passing it as well which made the situation dodgier. Then once the Audi had gone the BMW which I think was with them, came right up behind me and got very close to my bumper going through the corner and down hill through the 40 where you definitely need room for braking due to the hidden junctions on the right and people living there who have a bad habit of just walking out into the road, so slowed right down to give them a hint :s

Didn't gain them anything as I was right behind them then for the next 2 miles until we hit a dual-carriageway where the two of them went racing off together so I assume they were together.

(Very much suspect county lines type stuff going on there given a bit of local knowledge).
It's always difficult to judge speed in dashcam clips but it looked like you slowed down quite a bit at around 43 seconds and then accelerated pretty heavily again for no apparent reason :confused:

Edit - should have read the post properly where you said it was intentional.

Tailgaters are annoying but seeing it is the status quo for many motorists to follow the 0.2 second rule I try and just block them out as much as possible.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Had one middle aged lady going very slow out of Southampton the other week. Lots of traffic having to overtake. Merged onto the M27 at jct 5 in the road works at 20mph (temporary speed limit of 50mph). Thought she must be under the influence. Worth a tug to see if that's the case.

Blues go on. No change in driving, still below the speed limit, albeit closer to 50 now. This continues, so call in a fail to stop and try and get other units to the location. This carries on and we act as the feeder vehicle to keep the target vehicle onto the motorway where we've now got another unit doing a rolling road block behind us, giving a sterile working area. This carries on for about 6 miles, when we've finally got enough units to consider a box. We've got about 7 units, it's a sea of blue lights behind this lady. Helicopter turns up and is about to take over the commentary when she finally pulls over to the hard shoulder and stops. We box her just in case.

We get get out of the car and get explanation is that she didn't realise we wanted her to stop.

That'll be an interesting defence to the magistrate.

Soldato
Had one middle aged lady going very slow out of Southampton the other week. Lots of traffic having to overtake. Merged onto the M27 at jct 5 in the road works at 20mph (temporary speed limit of 50mph). Thought she must be under the influence. Worth a tug to see if that's the case.

Blues go on. No change in driving, still below the speed limit, albeit closer to 50 now. This continues, so call in a fail to stop and try and get other units to the location. This carries on and we act as the feeder vehicle to keep the target vehicle onto the motorway where we've now got another unit doing a rolling road block behind us, giving a sterile working area. This carries on for about 6 miles, when we've finally got enough units to consider a box. We've got about 7 units, it's a sea of blue lights behind this lady. Helicopter turns up and is about to take over the commentary when she finally pulls over to the hard shoulder and stops. We box her just in case.

We get get out of the car and get explanation is that she didn't realise we wanted her to stop.

Not OPL?

YouTube is currently in a phase of recommending me dashcam vids of US pursuits (particularly Arkansas State Police ones, which are brutal), it's funny how often people who have been driving at 110+ MPH and then get rammed off the road by police invent all manner of excuses for why they didn't stop while being cuffed at gunpoint. One good one was "I was in a hurry because I was running out of gas".

Last edited:
Soldato

I do hope the judge excercises his descretion and bans her.

I assume Due Care, Fail to stop?

Man of Honour
@Burnsy2023 - and was she over the drink drive limit?
Nope. Blew zero.
I do hope the judge excercises his descretion and bans her.

I assume Due Care, Fail to stop?
Due care, FTS and possibly no insurance. She thought she had DOC on another vehicle and she's a policy holder on a few which we checked at the roadside. We'll see what happens with that.

Soldato
Nope. Blew zero.

Due care, FTS and possibly no insurance. She thought she had DOC on another vehicle and she's a policy holder on a few which we checked at the roadside. We'll see what happens with that.

Deary me.

TBH excluding taxis, middle aged women seem to be some of the worst drivers out there, especially in their garish coloured Vauxhall faux-by-fauxs

Soldato
following prosecution should allow the police to claim for excessive expenses in the apprehension of perp.
[
sounds equally ridiculous like the black dos santos case -
Yeo also questioned why Dos Santos did not stop immediately when it was clear officers wanted him to but instead drove to his nearby home before doing so, telling the athlete “some people” would act differently.
Dos Santos responded: “You are saying ‘some people’ but … you do not know how it feels to be accused of many things growing up as a young black person in London.” He added that from his perspective it was safest to stop “outside my house with my neighbours around as witnesses”.

]

Soldato
OP
Partly my bad driving but nearly smashed into someone on a roundabout just now. Busy roundabout so you have to be cheeky and take your chances to some extent.

Guy to my right indicating left (there’s an exit before where I was waiting), so thought I can nip out as he turns. Start to pull away but the guy isn’t actually going left, he’s going straight on.

Noticed and managed to anchor on just in time.

Soldato
On the M1 Northern Ireland during my commute this morning. The traffic was flowing OKish at about 40mph and the large BMW X5 in front suddenly emergency stopped. I was about 2.5 seconds behind so had plenty of time to react and thankfully the car behind me did as well. The total muppet in front of me had not noticed the stopped cars until very late and almost crashed into them. My view was restricted but you do kind of rely on the person in front having some wit to pay attention.

I drove around him as he sat there and he was actually browsing or texting on his mobile. So he almost caused a crash using his mobile and continued using it despite this. How much of an inconsiderate ******* do you need to be to have this level of stupidity.

Man of Honour
I drove around him as he sat there and he was actually browsing or texting on his mobile. So he almost caused a crash using his mobile and continued using it despite this. How much of an inconsiderate ******* do you need to be to have this level of stupidity.

Seeing an increasing rise in people using phones this year :(

On the way home from work Sunday night got behind someone who was doing 40 in an NSL and in the dark could plainly see the screen as they were doing stuff with their phone, on the way to work Monday came up behind someone doing ~35 MPH in a NSL and wandering about all over the road, as I overtook them glanced over and could see their phone in their hand. Not just the safety issue but the level of inconsiderate involved as well, though if they had any consideration for others they wouldn't be on their phone while driving in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom