Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
It's a good idea to keep a few of any fish really, unless it's something you specifically can't do it with (like male Bettas). Fish behave differently when they are in a group.

Last edited:
Associate
kj0GWsh.jpg
Aren't you meant to have a few angel fish so they can't be as territorial?
I told the fish shop which tank I had (40l) and he said I could only have one as they would get to big to quick. So far my angel has doubled in size but the tank still looks so empty it’s a shame. Can’t seem to find him a tank mate nothing lasts. I was at another fish shop and seen baby angels could maybe try one of them?
It's a good idea to keep a few of any fish really, unless it's something you specifically can't do it with (like male Bettas). Fish behave differently when they are in a group.
d1cTQwm.jpg
My new plec is only half an inch long at the moment and just hides doing its job sucking all the slate.

Soldato
You might be able to fit 1 more in there but you'll probably still have issues. If you mix male and female you might get loads of fry, if it's 2 males they will probably fight.

I'd have gone with something smaller and less exotic in a small tank. Angelfish fins get quite long so they need a good amount of depth to move around freely :)

Associate
I’m starting to think that now, it was for my wee mans first pet so I let him choose why one he was wanting. I’ve got the wife coming around to the idea of a bigger tank start of next year when we re decorate. Should sort it out if I stock carefully.

Soldato
kj0GWsh.jpg
I told the fish shop which tank I had (40l) and he said I could only have one as they would get to big to quick. So far my angel has doubled in size but the tank still looks so empty it’s a shame. Can’t seem to find him a tank mate nothing lasts. I was at another fish shop and seen baby angels could maybe try one of them?

d1cTQwm.jpg
My new plec is only half an inch long at the moment and just hides doing its job sucking all the slate.
Need some plants fired in there buddy :(

Soldato
You can rehome fish if you want to change it, most places will take them (or swap them). The only ones you can't do it with at most places are live bearers.

Associate
Yeah I Need some plants. I’ve just switched the tank around, I had lots of bog wood in it before but the water was going really brown after a few days could hardly see what was going on. That was with washing and soaking it for a day before putting in as well.

Soldato
Should have given me a shout! Was at amwell aquatics sunday picking up some feeder shrimp

Didnt happen to see if they had any leopard wrasse in?

Aww sorry mate, it was a rush decision to go. And I literally just took a look at and got a price for the Nyos, drooled over the fish in the Red Sea Peninsula aquarium and left.

Not sure about the wrasse.. the shop was so busy and I didn't get over to the fish section.

All being well I'll be back there to order and pay for the tank in the next few weeks. So I'll give you a shout then.

Soldato
How much was the tank? What size you get etc?

Have you looked at charterhouse aquatics for tanks as they have 0% finance on things like that.

Can be a pita sometimes in that shop as so busy. Benifit of living within walking distance is i usually get there 30 mins before closing during the week and its empty

Soldato
The nyos sump I seen was shocking, just a small box when they could have used the space far better in the cabinet, nice feature covering the sand line with being sunk in.

Soldato
How much was the tank? What size you get etc?

Have you looked at charterhouse aquatics for tanks as they have 0% finance on things like that.

Can be a pita sometimes in that shop as so busy. Benifit of living within walking distance is i usually get there 30 mins before closing during the week and its empty

It's the Nyos Opus 300. 266l display tank and 44l tank, I think. Looks really good, the cabinet is quality, it has a recess that the aquarium sits in.

I haven't ordered it yet, but will be in the next week or so.

Yeah it's really busy and after the drive I couldn't stand for long, if Paul was there I'd maybe have got a cup of tea and a sit down. I don't really know any of the other staff so wasn't gonna put them out.

The nyos sump I seen was shocking, just a small box when they could have used the space far better in the cabinet, nice feature covering the sand line with being sunk in.

I don't particularly mind the small sump, don't the red sea ones comes with similar sized sumps? Tbh the main selling point is clear silicone, an overflow that isn't inside the aquarium and the way the tank sits on the cabinet.

Soldato
It's the Nyos Opus 300. 266l display tank and 44l tank, I think. Looks really good, the cabinet is quality, it has a recess that the aquarium sits in.

I haven't ordered it yet, but will be in the next week or so.

Yeah it's really busy and after the drive I couldn't stand for long, if Paul was there I'd maybe have got a cup of tea and a sit down. I don't really know any of the other staff so wasn't gonna put them out.

I don't particularly mind the small sump, don't the red sea ones comes with similar sized sumps? Tbh the main selling point is clear silicone, an overflow that isn't inside the aquarium and the way the tank sits on the cabinet.

Yeah my reefer 350 sump is small, who needs a chiller compartment in the UK lol, one day hopefully get my own fish room with massive sump and tank peninsula room divided tank.

Soldato
I hated the original reefer sump was so small. Got rid of it once i started to run out of space for equipment.

Also getting rid of the socks has been the best thing ive ever done in reefing, even the missus was happy with them not being in the washing machine any more!

Soldato
If the sump ends up being too small I can swap it out in the future. It must have been designed with the Nyos Skimmer and reactor in mind. The main thing now is I'll soon be back in the game!

Back
Top Bottom